Windows 10: Problems with a corrupted HD and Windows

Discus and support Problems with a corrupted HD and Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a SSD and was trying to clone the HD with Windows 10 education installed, in the process something went wrong, the hd partition was corrupted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LUIZ RCAMPOS, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Problems with a corrupted HD and Windows

I bought a SSD and was trying to clone the HD with Windows 10 education installed, in the process something went wrong, the hd partition was corrupted.

After running chkdsk to restore the partition using a usb with windows installation, the windows stopped booting and showed a screen saying to use restoration methods.

I've tried everything and nothing works, none of the methods of restoration and repair succeeded.

My question is, if I install Windows on SSD, can I use the same license key used in the first installation?

Is there another solution?

:)

LUIZ RCAMPOS, Jan 14, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 14, 2019
  3. 4747 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Boot problems

Hi everyone.

I've got some problems during instalation. I disabled UAC, passed the first install step, rebooted and completed install. But after consequent reboot Windows detects 'ntoskrnl' or something is corrupted.

Everything was fine on 'old' windows, but after I made a clean windows installation, everything goes this way.

Any suggestions?

4. robal Win User

Problems with a corrupted HD and Windows

need HELP - Cant UNDERSTAND what's the PROBLEM

Hi,

The fact that your PC failed to start the very first time is worrying, and suggests hardware problem.

Screen gibberish with Ubuntu can be normal (way the GPU driver kicks in).
    However, the screen gibberish during Windows load is unheard of, and suggests GPU problem (or windows corruption)

I'd suggest running a thorough memtest86+ from bootable CD/USB first.
    Possible problems:
    - power supply
    - memory
    - graphics card
    - windows corrupted

robal, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Problems with a corrupted HD and Windows

1. Problems with a corrupted HD and Windows - Similar Threads - Problems corrupted

2. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  3. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update: Greetings, esteemed forum members,I am reaching out to seek guidance regarding a troubling issue I've encountered after updating my Windows 10 operating system. Following the update, I've noticed significant file corruption and data loss on my computer.Files that were...
  4. File Corruption Problem After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...: In Windows media Player, the columns are not helpful. I cannot get album artist and contributing artist together in some views even when the option is ticked in 'Choose columns'. there are several screens where the columns i have ticked don't appear at all. I have tried...
  6. Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...

Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...: In Windows media Player, the columns are not helpful. I cannot get album artist and contributing artist together in some views even when the option is ticked in 'Choose columns'. there are several screens where the columns i have ticked don't appear at all. I have tried...
  7. Windows media Player problems, may be corrupt...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Problems with windows update and corrupted files

Problems with windows update and corrupted files: Windows updates get stuck at certain percentages and I seem to have some corrupted files on my computer which windows itself can't seem to fix. Any help would be appreciated!...
  9. Problems with windows update and corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with windows update and corrupted files: Windows updates get stuck at certain percentages and I seem to have some corrupted files on my computer which windows itself can't seem to fix. Any help would be appreciated!...
  10. PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PWA problem left a corrupt entry on Start Menu > All Apps list: Hi!Something broke the PWA link for my MS Planner install https://tasks.office.com and now I'm left with a "ghost" link on the Start Menu > All Apps list.I've already tried everything I could do, uninstall, PowerShell shenanigans, registry meddling and third party...