Windows 10: Problems with accessing bios and drive connecting

Discus and support Problems with accessing bios and drive connecting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hoping someone can assist please. Some weeks ago I had a problem whereby PC failed to boot coming up with black screen with message “insert valid disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rwsadd, Jul 11, 2018.

1. rwsadd Win User

Problems with accessing bios and drive connecting

Hoping someone can assist please.
    Some weeks ago I had a problem whereby PC failed to boot coming up with black screen with message “insert valid disk and reboot”, after rebooting and pressing F8 small square blue panel came up (not usual whole bios screen) with the three disks that I have in there
    · ROM drive
    · Second disk (storage)
    · Main disk (C drive (Samsung SSHD))
    It seemed to want to default to the ROM drive, I’d select main disk, enter and it’d be away.
    I disconnected everything connected apart from C drive so all I had was PC with C drive and no other devices connected for a while, problem didn’t appear so started reconnecting things one by one to try and see which device was causing problem, everything has now been back on for a few weeks and problem has gone.
    Thought I’d go into bios and check boot order but F8 no longer gets me into bios nor any others for that matter (in fact if I keep trying PC gets a bit upset (high frequency clicking noise)).
    NOW when I first installed win10 onto this new Samsung drive I kept old C drive in there and could access it as normal second disk, I removed this sometime back but there is something on there I want so I tried reinstalling it but windows doesn’t see it and as can’t get into bios I can’t do anything there.
    I’ve tried a USB device that you can connect a disk with but although I can see stuff no matter what I do I can’t get permission even as an administrator.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks in advance
    Richard

:)

rwsadd, Jul 11, 2018

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jul 11, 2018
  3. DTG1 Win User
    Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

4. Problems with accessing bios and drive connecting

Unable to access flash drive after copying the files on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Flash drive on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • What happens when you try to erase/ delete/ format the drive?
    • Is the desktop running on Windows 10 operating system?
    • How exactly are you trying to access the drive on your system?

If you are connecting the drive through ports, I suggest you to connect to different ports and check if it helps.

Also, as the drive was unable to be accessed on both the system, this might be an issue with the hard drive as well.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

Problems with accessing bios and drive connecting

1. Problems with accessing bios and drive connecting - Similar Threads - Problems accessing bios

2. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...
  3. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing a drive connected to router: I have a hard disk connected to my router's USB port. I confirmed that the HD is compatible with the router.My goal is to use this HD as a 'network attached storage' so other computers on the same wireless network can access to HD to add files to it or download anything...
  4. Accessing a drive connected to router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Drive access problem.

Drive access problem.: I have a 2 tb drive as d: drive. Windows explorer says d:\ is not accessble. Access is denied. If I open a command prompt as admin I can access all folders and files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-access-problem/142f70db-114e-4e8c-9e61-e99811a46ad6
  6. can’t access bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can’t access bios: hello all in windows10 community, So i cannot access my bios, as when I hold shift and press restart, I do get to the blue screen where I can restart my system again to get to change the firmware settings. But when I do that, my keyboard and mouse turn back on, but my...
  7. BIOS slave drive problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS slave drive problem: Hi there. Having a problem at the moment that I can't sort out. I am running Windows 10 64 bit and when I run it with one SATA HDD connected to SATA1 on my ASUS motherboard and two DVD drives my BIOS displays as follows. Primary IDE Master (Pioneer DVD - RW DV) Primary IDE...
  8. BIOS slave drive problem

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS slave drive problem: Hi there. Having a problem at the moment that I can't sort out. I am running Windows 10 64 bit and when I run it with one SATA HDD connected to SATA1 on my ASUS motherboard and two DVD drives my BIOS displays as follows. Primary IDE Master (Pioneer DVD - RW DV) Primary IDE...
  9. Problem accessing a NAS drive

Problem accessing a NAS drive: I have 2 NAS drives and 3 computers in my home network. The NAS drives and one PC are Ethernet-connected to a router/wireless access point; the other 2 PCs use wireless connections. All 3 PCs can access one NAS drive with no problem. The drives show up in the Network section...
  10. no bios access

in Windows 10 Support
    no bios access: I can't access my bios at all, theres no option in the start up nor when i go into the windows recovery option, ive tried spamming f2 and so on, can someone please help? I'm not very good with computers either. [img] [img] 91601