Windows 10: Problems with activating windows

Discus and support Problems with activating windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; How do i downgrade my pro key to home? That would help me install windows. I don't need the pro features anyway. You can't downgrade a product key. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cerawy, Nov 5, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Problems with activating windows

You can't downgrade a product key.

NavyLCDR, Jan 14, 2018
  2. Superfly Win User

If it insists on installing Home (due to presumably a firmware key for that edition), it will activate with that key - no need to use the Pro key.

Check your firmware with ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums

Superfly, Jan 15, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

It doesn't exist -- :

You have to create the file (use notepad) and then insert it into the sources file --that's why you have to extract the ISO first.

Then to create a bootable USB you need to create a data iso of the amended extracted iso and then use RUFUS to create a bootable install USB.

Don't insert any serial key or add the PID bit.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 15, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

There is no need to use RUFUS. It is incredibly easy to create the Windows 10 installation USB flash drive with no extra software at all (except that Windows 7 needs extra software to mount the ISO file if you are creating the flash drive in Windows 7). RUFUS will just give you more confusing options.

In addition to @Superfly's suggestion to use ShowKey to check the firmware for a product key, I would also suggest you use the Check Key function of the same program and test your Windows 10 Pro product key to make sure it is correct and legitimate.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Bat 1 Win User
    OP has a homebuilt (?) that was upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro.

Bat 1, Jan 15, 2018
  6. Cerawy Win User
    I have been using it to activate windows several times, its usually a smooth process.

Cerawy, Jan 15, 2018
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    That might be the problem if Microsoft has blocked that product key from online automatic activation due to using it too frequently.

NavyLCDR, Jan 15, 2018
  8. Cerawy Win User

I havent been using it for some time.

Cerawy, Jan 16, 2018
  9. Cerawy Win User
    I just formated my SSD and installed windows again. This time microsoft installed the right version. Now windows says the key is invalid, error 0xc004f050. Its a genuine windows 7 ultimate key i bought and upgraded to windows 10 pro for free because microsoft asked me if i wanted to. I have been using it to activate windows several times without problems. I even have the invoice as proof of purchase for the key. What to do?

Cerawy, Jan 17, 2018
  10. Woody72 Win User
    Book a support call from Microsoft. If you're entitled to a particular version of Windows and are having issues, they're usually extremely helpful. I had an issue recently where I replaced my motherboard, CPU and memory and lost my activation. They had me up and running in less than half an hour.

Woody72, Jan 17, 2018
  11. Cerawy Win User
    I'm not much for giving them my phone number, but how do i book a call?

Cerawy, Jan 17, 2018
  12. Cerawy Win User
    I just went ahead and bought a new key since i was honestly getting sick and tired of this.

Cerawy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with activating windows - Similar Threads - Problems activating

2. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  3. Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with activating windows with no wifi but ethernet: i bought a pc that has windows activation key inside its BIOS, and i was told that itll activate once i connect to the internet. But the issue is that i dont have a WiFi adapter and only Ethernet connected to my pc, and once i go to the activation panel it tells me that i...
  4. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067: please check and solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-pro-problem-error-code/b6de1623-fd5e-453c-8df3-d3653cf0dafa
  5. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067: please check and solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-of-windows-10-pro-problem-error-code/b6de1623-fd5e-453c-8df3-d3653cf0dafa
  6. Activation of windows 10 pro problem error code 0x803fa067

7. Windows and MS Office activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  8. Windows and MS Office activation problem

Windows and MS Office activation problem: After installing the latest update, my Windows 11 is showing a notification to activate it. I have tried troubleshooting, but it has not resolved the issue. Additionally, my Microsoft Office keeps crashing repeatedly. I attempted to reinstall it, but it still does not work....
  9. Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074: Error code: 0xC004F074I bought an hp PC 6 months ago with genuine windows 11 pre-installed. However, after 6-months of trouble-free use, I have got the following message in red color in Settings->System->Activation.we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to...
  10. Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074

Activation Problem for windows 11 Error code: 0xC004F074: Error code: 0xC004F074I bought an hp PC 6 months ago with genuine windows 11 pre-installed. However, after 6-months of trouble-free use, I have got the following message in red color in Settings->System->Activation.we cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to...