Windows 10: Problems with activating windows

Discus and support Problems with activating windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm having some problems activating windows after I reinstalling. Windows tells me to activate windows, I click on activate windows, the screen goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Cerawy, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Cerawy Win User

Problems with activating windows

I'm having some problems activating windows after I reinstalling. Windows tells me to activate windows, I click on activate windows, the screen goes blank for about 20 minutes, then windows asks me to uprade to windows 10 pro. I click accept and after being at 0% for some time, windows says there was an error and that I have to check my online connection which seems to be working just fine. I did some research and unfortunately none of the copy-paste answers from microsofts support forum solved the problem.

:)

Cerawy, Nov 5, 2017

2. Problems with activating Windows 10

Problems with activating windows [​IMG]
    Here
    it is

legionofbananas, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Problems with activating Windows 10

Few days ago I bought a laptop(Lenovo Ideapad320) which came with Windows 10, but when I turned it on it said I needed to activate Windows 10. I was told that it came with pre-activated Windows so I gave It some time, but it still kept saying the same.
    After few days I tried activating it with some keys I found online, and now the message in the low right corner is gone but when I enter settings it still says that windows isn't activated. What can I do to solve this problem?

legionofbananas, Nov 5, 2017
  4. Problems with activating windows

Following. I'm having some of the same issues.

tituswife63, Nov 5, 2017
  5. Cerawy Win User
    Still looking for a solution to this. I'm getting a message in the bottom left corner telling me to activate windows and its getting annoying.

Cerawy, Nov 7, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    What version of Windows 10 do you have now? Run winver - what version does it say you have?

Problems with activating windows [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, Nov 8, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    We need more information. It sounds like you have reinstalled wrong version.

What version was on pc originally and now?

cereberus, Nov 8, 2017
  8. Cerawy Win User

It was a windows 7 ultimate key that I upgraded to windows 10 pro.

It says version 1703 build 15063.674.

Cerawy, Nov 9, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Sounds like you have reinstalled Home rather than Pro. It's asking you to upgrade to Pro because that's the only digital licence the activation servers have for your machine. The digital licence you got by upgrading W7 Ultimate to W10 Pro will only activate Pro, it won't activate Home.

If you change the product key to the generic W10 Pro key it will upgrade you from Home to Pro, which should then activate from your digital licence on the activation servers. The generic key can be found at step 5 in in this tutorial.

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Or you could just do the reinstall again, this time installing Pro.

Bree, Nov 9, 2017
  10. Cerawy Win User
    It doesnt seem to do anything if I click on activation. I just get a loading screen with some blue dots. Clicking on windows store says that it wont open with the build in administrator account.

Cerawy, Nov 9, 2017
  11. Superfly Win User
    It does sound like a corrupted installation. We had a similar issue where even ADT wouldn't run on such a system.
    If you can, post a diagnostic report so that we can see the error codes.

Please Read: Activation troubleshooting - Windows 10 Forums

PS: Trusted-Installer owned files cannot be repaired from within Windows via scannow, RestoreHealth commands or upgrade-install - it will need to be repaired from a WinPE boot.

Superfly, Nov 9, 2017
  12. Cerawy Win User
    seems like nothing happens if i double click on the diagnosis tool..

I have already tried it but it just hangs @ 0% and then says that windows couldn't connect to their own servers.

Cerawy, Nov 9, 2017
  13. Steve C Win User

I just had this issue after restoring a Reflect backup. The PC originally had a digital licence linked to my MS account. After an hour or so the PC appeared as activated. During that time I tried converting my account to a user account then back to a MS account to reset the credentials. I dont know if the successful activation was due to me doing this or just needing to wait long enough for the MS activation servers to recognise the restored PC.

Steve C, Nov 9, 2017
  14. Superfly Win User
    Your licence files are corrupted (most likely permissions - access denied errors probably)
    We had a few of these ( usually after a recovery from the OEM partition)
    It's not easy to resolve as there are no errors thrown.
    I'm thinking you need a clean install, if not, try the upgrade-install from an official ISO and see if at least some components can get started and provide a clue to where it's breaking.

Best of luck.

Superfly, Nov 9, 2017
  15. hawkman Win User
    Hi @Superfly,

in the old W7 days recreating the licencing file was a relatively simple operation
    rename token.dat file
    on my >>Insider<< comp the file is still there but in a different place

Any thoughts

Roy

hawkman, Nov 9, 2017
Thema:

1. Problems with activating windows - Similar Threads - Problems activating

2. Window activation problem of Window 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window activation problem of Window 11 Enterprise: Hello!I am facing windows activation problem in with my Window 11 Enterprise. It says please connect to internet although it's already connected. I am uploading a screenshot of my problem. Please help me as I am unable to use many apps properly. Thank You!...
  3. Window activation problem of Window 11 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window activation problem of Window 11 Enterprise: Hello!I am facing windows activation problem in with my Window 11 Enterprise. It says please connect to internet although it's already connected. I am uploading a screenshot of my problem. Please help me as I am unable to use many apps properly. Thank You!...
  4. I am having problems with window activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having problems with window activation: When I purchased the laptop, the window was 10. I got an update for Windows 11 which I downloaded, and Windows 11 was installed in my laptop. Now it can't be activated due to the absence of a product key or digital license. How is it possible that my Windows 10 was activated...
  5. I am having problems with window activation

I am having problems with window activation: When I purchased the laptop, the window was 10. I got an update for Windows 11 which I downloaded, and Windows 11 was installed in my laptop. Now it can't be activated due to the absence of a product key or digital license. How is it possible that my Windows 10 was activated...
  6. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  7. Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10

Activation Problems after Upgrading from Windows 10: I bought a new HP PC that came with windows 10. I received a notification that I can upgrade to windows 11 for free, which I did. I have continued to stay updated since then and my PC now runs on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2.I keep getting this error: We can't activate Windows...
  8. Windows 11 activation problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 activation problem: so i bought a new laptop lenovo legion 5i pro 2023it has a built in windows 11 home and every now and then it asks me to activate windows and when i trouble shot it activates normally but after a while on using the device it asks me again to activate my windows i...
  9. Windows 11 activation problem

Windows 11 activation problem: so i bought a new laptop lenovo legion 5i pro 2023it has a built in windows 11 home and every now and then it asks me to activate windows and when i trouble shot it activates normally but after a while on using the device it asks me again to activate my windows i...
  10. I have installed and activated MSFS x had some problems and tried to re install and now I...

I have installed and activated MSFS x had some problems and tried to re install and now I...: I installed MSFS X and activated it . I had some problems and uninstalled and re installed thew problem and the game would run for 30 min then I am told that I have to activate but does not give me any way to do it....