Windows 10: Problems with adding a new user account

Discus and support Problems with adding a new user account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mountkeen, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Mountkeen Win User

Problems with adding a new user account

Following a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 I've repeatedly added a family member as an account user on the PC. Each time after getting the usual "Please wait" and "We're sorting it" messages the new user desktop opens with a message saying there is not enough disk space - patent nonsense as the C-Drive has a tiny fraction of space used. In addition none of the desktop shortcuts work - they're all blank apart from the title - and the machine doesn't respond to the Start Button being used and pretty much any keyboard commands.

The only route is to do Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then switch user to get back to my own desktop- which works perfectly.

The machine is running the latest updates and I've run the sfc / scannow command and its coming up with no registry problems detected.

I've run out of ideas.

:)

Mountkeen, Apr 18, 2020

2. windows 10 - Microsoft Store & Adding new user

Hi,

Creating or adding new user account is one possible troubleshooting step that you can perform whenever you are encountering problems with Windows Store. Through this, we can identify if there are corrupted files in the current user that causes problem with
    Windows Store. If you are having problem adding account through Account settings, let us try these steps instead:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net localgroup administrator test /add and hit
      Enter
    Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Adding a new user

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type settings on the Windows search bar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts, and click on
      Family & other users
      on the left pane.

• Now you can add new user account.
    Also visit the below link on how to create new user account. (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Problems with adding a new user account

New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Problems with adding a new user account

1. Problems with adding a new user account - Similar Threads - Problems adding user

2. Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11: Hi,I am trying to add my wife as a new "User" on a brand new 2 days old Dell Optiplex PC running Windows 11 and am getting this crazy error message: This is totally impossible, as I am the only "User" registered so far.Trying to think outside of the box, although it sounds...
  3. Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem adding new "User" account in Win 11: Hi,I am trying to add my wife as a new "User" on a brand new 2 days old Dell Optiplex PC running Windows 11 and am getting this crazy error message: This is totally impossible, as I am the only "User" registered so far.Trying to think outside of the box, although it sounds...
  4. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem adding user with Company Account: I have set up many laptops for my users for Personal use for various reasons. When I created user accounts I have used local ones. I have just started to use our Microsoft 365 accounts and have encountered a problem.On PC1 I created an account named NB@<our domain> with no...
  5. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Problem adding user with Company Account: I have set up many laptops for my users for Personal use for various reasons. When I created user accounts I have used local ones. I have just started to use our Microsoft 365 accounts and have encountered a problem.On PC1 I created an account named NB@<our domain> with no...
  6. Problem adding user with Company Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  8. Adding new user problems

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding new user problems: Whenever I add a new user, some of the elements of Windows 10 don't work properly. For instance, the Start Menu does not pop up, or either the right click or the left click works but not both, Also some apps like Weather try to start but immediately shut off. Even the...
  9. Added a new user account to computer

Added a new user account to computer: Hi, I had an account on my wife's computer, (it was my old computer), I deleted it to save some room on here HD. Then I added a new user, using the same user name and password that is on this computer. I just signed in to the new account and it went through the motions of...
  10. Problem added new user

Problem added new user: I'm going to give my computer to my wife so I added her as a new user. First on her W10 computer she's not signed in through her Microsoft account, just her name and a random password, upgraded from Windows 7. Wasn't able to use that, Windows requires a Microsoft...