Windows 10: Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update

Discus and support Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’ve always used Trend Micro Security as my antivirus & it’s never given me any problems. Today it flagged up random files, some of them system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DredgenStrife, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update

So I’ve always used Trend Micro Security as my antivirus & it’s never given me any problems.

Today it flagged up random files, some of them system files, as suspect. The strange thing is I’ve only ever used this PC for gaming, not even general internet usage/downloads & upon scans with malwarebytes & other applications, nothing was found. The PC is totally sound in that respect.

Problem is that the Windows Update function in Services has disappeared, which has disabled updates. Under the Registry, wuauserv still exists, but it doesn’t function. When I try to use the update function in settings, I get the error code 0x80070057. However, I’ve tried the DISM solution in the Command menu, but nothing’s been resolved, even with the SFC /scannow command. I can’t even enable it from the task manager.

I’ve seen some articles which say that this can fixed by deleting wuauserv & using regedit to manually repair it by entering the code for it into notepad saved as a reg file. I’m not great with technology though, so I’m apprehensive about that last step.

Anyone know any other fix for this update problem?

submitted by /u/DredgenStrife
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DredgenStrife, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Milton Win User

definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update [​IMG]

Milton, Sep 2, 2020
  3. kath_986 Win User
    Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Sep 2, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update

1. Problems with Antivirus & Windows Update - Similar Threads - Problems Antivirus Update

2. antivirus problem after the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    antivirus problem after the update: hello, so i have updated windows 10 yesterday and after the update there was a lot of problems from the sound mixer resetting it settings to my wallpaper disappearing. so all of those problems were easy to fix but there was some files that i put them in the exclusion so my...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Update Problem: Microsoft Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 version 1.331.2263.0. I have gotten this update everyday for at least two weeks now. I update it, then it says you're up to date - But then it comes up again the day after. I have no ideas what's going on and why this happens....
  4. Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem Updating Microsoft Defender Antivirus: hello, I am currently on an old Image on Windows 10 basically the Antimalware Client isn't updated to its latest version. I don't know on how to install it as I seem to be running into a pickle of a update. My current version on the Microsoft Defender Antivirus Antimalware...
  5. antivirus problem

antivirus problem: Why my window doesnt have virus and threat protection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/antivirus-problem/b05ed5c4-d890-49f7-88df-42102fa16570
  6. Windows security antivirus problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows security antivirus problem: [ATTACH] Hello When I turn on the PC, antivirus security is always showing this I uninstalled BitTorrent and I deleted the installer from Download folder You can see the date is so old but the antivirus is still showing the notification Hope you can help me Regards...
  7. Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus

Problems with Windows Defender Antivirus: I recently bought a laptop with Windows 10 installed, but when I tried to perform a scan with Windows Defender, I got the message "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for...
  8. Antivirus problem

Antivirus problem: My windows.10.Pro.19H1.RTM.1903.Build.18362.175.June.2019.x64 antivirus behaves weird. In the "security home" page and under virus and protection tab all things appear normal and I can see the sentence :"no action is needed" but when I open the "manage settings" the real...
  9. antivirus update installation problem

antivirus update installation problem: installation of windows defender is failing after downloading https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/antivirus-update-installation-problem/b0d2a3ab-1471-4949-bc37-6760f17da110
  10. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...