Windows 10: Problems with Apps

Discus and support Problems with Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There seems to be a problem accessing or changing app settings I can see there's an issue but don't know/understand enough to fix the problem - It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by liddlelur, May 1, 2019.

1. liddlelur Win User

Problems with Apps

There seems to be a problem accessing or changing app settings I can see there's an issue but don't know/understand enough to fix the problem - It began when the cut and paste tab option disappeared from the drop down menu I searched for an answer but nothing fitted my problem. I've tried from several browsers still not able to cut and paste tabs

:)

liddlelur, May 1, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 1, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Problems with Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 1, 2019
  4. Problems with Apps

Problems with the email app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app and configure the account again. Please follow the steps to uninstall the mail app.

Please follow the following steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
      • Click File > Run New Task
      • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
      • Type Powershell.
      • This will open a new powershell.
      • Type the following get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps*

| remove-appxpackage
    After performing uninstallation, I suggest you to reinstall the app from Windows store and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Apps

1. Problems with Apps - Similar Threads - Problems Apps

2. Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with: Removing Single app KIOSK/Assigned access: I have been testing the KIOSK mode in windows 10 pro through: Open settings Click on Accounts Click on Family & other users Under "Set up a Kiosk" click the Assigned Access option Click Get started and follow the steps The KIOSK mode is working, however, I only wanted...
  3. To use this app you'll need a device with more features problem

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    To use this app you'll need a device with more features problem: Install button greyed out I bought a game called minecraft for windows 10 and after purchasing it I gone to microsoft store The install button was greyed out and it was saying"to use this app you'll need a device with more features " I do know that this problem was...
  4. I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have two problems which are probably the same. I cannot run apps that require admin...: The symptoms change such as accessing the settings menu. Most of the time, when I select settings, nothing happens. Sometimes, the menu will open up but when I select user setup, nothing happens. I need to be able to get admin permissions in order to go on....
  5. Problem getting Windows 10 mail to add a new contact to the People App

Problem getting Windows 10 mail to add a new contact to the People App: I am using Windows 10 Mail and the People App for contacts. Problem is I can't get any new emails that come in to create a new contact in the People App. I have looked for a solution online and it sounds like it should allow me to create a new contact by clicking in the...
  6. I Cant Read Japanese Language Apps Word Not Unicode Problem

I Cant Read Japanese Language Apps Word Not Unicode Problem: There is a Problem, i cant read Japanese language even i already change my PC in Japanese language,, i Think its about user problem or something, because i create a new user with japan language in same pc, and when i open the apps,, i can read it,, but because its other...
  7. Problem installing apps on the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem installing apps on the microsoft store: Like the title suggest, installing anything at all from the store is a nightmare. I've recently bough the xbox game pass ultimate hoping to download Sea of Thieves but the app just doesn't seem to let me download it. Like many other post has suggested, I've tried the usual...
  8. Problem with Groove Music App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Groove Music App: Hello, I have where when I launch Groove Music App its showing up for a few seconds then close by itself. So I tried Reinstall it but the problem still same. What have I tried : 1. Uninstall from Setting > apps > groove music > advanced Options > uninstall then I reinstall...
  9. Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used: Hi, Im trying to use the Windows calendar app and am having problems with every method tried. This app appears to be seriously faulty. If I add an icloud calendar, I can add events in the app that then show up in my icloud calendar ipad and browser and vice versa, adding...
  10. I'm suddenly having a very weird problem with setting default apps and it's driving me up...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm suddenly having a very weird problem with setting default apps and it's driving me up...: I just can't figure it out, and google is failing me. It's a relatively new installation of W10, too. For instance, .jpg and .png files. Right now, they open in the windows default photo viewer, which I hate. So I downloaded my old favorite, IrfanView. I told it to set as...