Windows 10: Problems with audio device detection.

Discus and support Problems with audio device detection. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so I have been fighting with this for 3 days straight and im running out of things to try. I have installed a fresh version of win 10 pro on my new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shunkooo, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Problems with audio device detection.

Ok so I have been fighting with this for 3 days straight and im running out of things to try. I have installed a fresh version of win 10 pro on my new build (msi x570 unify, ryzen 5900x, in a phanteks case). My last system was running on msi z97s krait edition.

So here's the thing - I used to be able to have speakers plugged to the back and headphones in either front or back panel at the same time, and they were recognized as separate outputs. Well not anymore on this new setup. I have tried countless versions of realtek drivers, JUST to get the hd audio manager to appear. Then i tried all the options in it(disable front panel jack detection, separate jacks to different output devices etc.). Nothing helps, and all I wanna do is have headphones and speakers show as separate in windows audio devices(i have the hidden and disabled devices shown, just so you know.) When i have one of them plugged, and then I plug the other, the first will get overriden, and be seen as the same device...

I tried disabling hd audio in bios too but then It just doesnt detect either of the devices at all, even after uninstalling the driver.

When I disable UAA bus, my audio driver dissapears too and I get no sound again..

Please any help? I dont want to let windows win this battle and force me to physically plug my headphones in and adjust volume sliders everytime I want to use them.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/shunkooo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shunkooo, Apr 12, 2021

2. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Problem with audio devices

Hi Marcello,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue resolved.

If you're connecting to an audio device using USB or HDMI, you might need to set that device as the default.

Open Start, enter Sound, select it from the list of results, and then, on the
    Playback tab, select a device, then Set Default.

I would also suggest you to turn off Audio enhancements.

• Go to Start, enter Sound, and select Sound Control Panel
      from the list of results.

• On the Playback tab, right-click (or tap and hold) the
      Default Device and select Properties.

• On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements
      check box and try to play your audio device.

• If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback
      tab, select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default device.
    Please revert if you face any issues with Audio.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Problems with audio device detection.

Audio device

I FIXED MY SOUND

Troubleshoot problems that prevent your computer from playing or recording sound.

Here is how:

Follow Bilion Debbarm METHOD #1 (in a previous reply)

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button
    (My computer says "Troubleshoot audio playback")
    click this

THEN

A box should pop up saying: Play audio Find & fix problem (Hit Next)

(computer will start searching/detecting if problem)

Question will pop up:

Which of these devices do you want to trouble shoot?

-Speakers

-Headphones

CLICK SPEAKERS

It should then ask you to change selected audio device to default

CLICK - Apply this fix.

Done!

KenyaGadson, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Problems with audio device detection.

1. Problems with audio device detection. - Similar Threads - Problems audio device

2. Audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio device is not detected: My computer is working fine before the update. After updating my PC saying that my audio device can't be found. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-is-not-detected/6e9e1d05-73c0-4e4a-a4d1-009dd8b40d6f
  3. Audio devices not detected

Audio devices not detected: My computer was working fine earlier today but a few hours ago when i hopped on I was met with the blue screen of death. After 2ish hours of troubleshooting and a few rollbacks I was able to get my PC working again. Once I got it back on I noticed that my audio devices...
  4. Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem

Audio not detected or "no audio output device installed" problem: hello, I am having a problem with my windows 10 PC. I've recently installed the windows 10 version 20H2 and all of a sudden it says that no audio devices are installed. I've tried uninstalling feature updates and quality updates but nothing seems to work. Even my monitor...
  5. Audio device detection

Audio device detection: I have a an issue when I plug in my headset. The windows system / realtek r Audio driver does not see the microphone. It shows up as headphones and there is no option to identify it as a head set. Previously on my old Windows 10 laptop a popup used to appear to ask what...
  6. Audio device not detected

Audio device not detected: I recently did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10 Build 2004 and everything seems to be in working order except for the audio. It's the typical red X on the audio icon with the message saying "No Audio Output Device is installed". I'm on a laptop and when I tried looking for...
  7. No audio device detected

No audio device detected: Basically, I can hear audio through my earphones but they do not show up as a device on my computer and they won't let me use my microphone. I've tried everything from reinstalling realtek audio to looking for disabled devices in the control panel but it's nowhere to be...
  8. Audio Device Not Detected

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Audio Device Not Detected: Hello everyone, I have an issue with my headset not getting any audio output from the PC. My headset does work when I connect it to my iPhone and it the port on the front of the pc can't be broken because it won't work with the port on the back either. So it has to do...
  9. no audio device detected

no audio device detected: when I plug my headphones into the front panel audio jack, a dialog box pops up, like this one: [img] Yet sound is turned off. I can look at this dialog box as well: [img] [img] Any help is appreciated. 118349
  10. No audio devices detected

No audio devices detected: So, after upgrading to Windows 10, my computer no longer detects any audio devices. Device manager only detects nvidia hd audio Playback devices only detects nvidia hd audio After installing realtek drivers, realtek is nowhere to be found - no icon in system tray, no...