Windows 10: Problems with audio in music and video playback using headphones

Discus and support Problems with audio in music and video playback using headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can play audio perfectly fine with speakers, Bluetooth or earphones. But whenever I'm using a pair of manually-connected headphones, regardless of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RGC_369, Dec 21, 2019.

1. RGC_369 Win User

Problems with audio in music and video playback using headphones

I can play audio perfectly fine with speakers, Bluetooth or earphones. But whenever I'm using a pair of manually-connected headphones, regardless of what pair being used, there's an audio problem. In a music or video, the music plays fine. But if someone's speaking or singing, it sounds like they're speaking from the bottom of a very deep well. It sounds like a barely-audible echo amidst the normal-volume music. It doesn't matter what type of file it is, it's the same. The only thing that isn't affected are YouTube videos.

:)

RGC_369, Dec 21, 2019
  2. bjh_101 Win User

Paused audio playback begins again after unplugging headphones

Hi,

I appear to be experiencing a bug with audio playback.

If I listen to music/podcasts with headphones, and then pause the playback from the lock screen, and then pull out the headphones the music then starts playing out of the phone speakers. It should remain paused. This can cause problems when I use headphones
    to listen to music at work.

Thanks.

bjh_101, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Headphones disappear from Playback

I have a strange problem here. For several different audio devices, the "Headphones" option is disappearing from my Playback list. I can connect to the Headsets for my various bluetooth over-ear headphones,earbuds, etc, but not the Headphones; these don't
    even appear. How can I get my "Headphones" back?

Please do not suggest running a Troubleshooter; I've already done this, and it inevitably asks which device I want to troubleshoot. The Headphones don't show up on the list of devices, so this is of no help.

I can also pretty much guarantee this isn't an issue with the drivers particular to the earbuds or other devices, as I've made sure those are up to date, and the problem is occuring for more than one device.

Jack_Half_a_Prayer, Dec 21, 2019
  4. stickyice Win User

(Resolved) Headphones are plugged in but not listed in Playback devices

Hi,

I currently have headphones plugged into my computer. However, if I try to play music or watch a video, there is no sound. For some reason, the only time it will make sound is when I adjust the volume or plug in/unplug the headphones. When the headphones
    are plugged in, they aren't listed on the playback devices.

-I have Windows 10

-My Realtek HD Audio Manager doesn't have an options button or a cog (as seen in some other posts)

-My headphones were working perfectly fine yesterday

Thank you!

Update: A simple restart has fixed the problem. Thank you!

stickyice, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with audio in music and video playback using headphones - Similar Threads - Problems audio music

2. Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems: I'm having problems playing audio and video playback on Windows 11 22H2 with bluetooth headphones. The video does not start at all and no audio either, I have to run the audio troubleshooter to fix it temporary. Then after a few minutes the issues come back and I have to run...
  3. Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 bluetooth headphones audio playback problems: I'm having problems playing audio and video playback on Windows 11 22H2 with bluetooth headphones. The video does not start at all and no audio either, I have to run the audio troubleshooter to fix it temporary. Then after a few minutes the issues come back and I have to run...
  4. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop: Hello,After watching video without headphones, the addition of headphones causes video and audio playback to stop. Thenceforth, the only way to play the video again is to restart the system. What could be the problem?...
  5. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop: Hello,After watching video without headphones, the addition of headphones causes video and audio playback to stop. Thenceforth, the only way to play the video again is to restart the system. What could be the problem?...
  6. Headphones Cause Video and Audio Playback to Stop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Video Playback Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Playback Problem: Videos on my computer have started to just freeze not buffer but just stop and I know it is not an internet connection problem because I can google stuff and even make this post Is there any way I can fix this. submitted by /u/Beanz_B0i [link] [comments]...
  8. No audio or video playback.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No audio or video playback.: My laptop has Windows 10 home. The audio and video is not working. Widows updates are current. I have run the windows troubleshooter and laptop diagnostics but to no avail. Please can someone advise if this is a windows issue and how I can fix it? Many thanks...
  9. Video Playback & Audio Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Playback & Audio Problems: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  10. Video Playback Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Video Playback Problem: I'm getting an error message quite frequently when I try to play a video on almost any website, such as YouTube The message reads: An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:_VBAMBUYe5vqHN9kc6C). My Internet connection seems OK. I tried Googling the ID but...