Windows 10: Problems with audio input

Discus and support Problems with audio input in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have Windows 10 and use Yamaha MG20XU mixer for sound and it is connected with usb to computer. Sound in the room is fine, even loud, but in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nino Buić, Aug 8, 2021.

1. Problems with audio input

We have Windows 10 and use Yamaha MG20XU mixer for sound and it is connected with usb to computer. Sound in the room is fine, even loud, but in computer windows is almost zero or too low. Raised all volumes in the settings but keep getting low input. Drivers for mixer are up to date. Computer recognises mixer but no input.However, output from computer is just fine!? When I do device test it recognises the mixer but no input.To make even weirder streaming program gets some input but maybe at 30%.

:)

Nino Buić, Aug 8, 2021

2. audio input

Hi Nico,

Damaged hardware or incompatible driver are some of the possible causes why you are experiencing an issue the audio input on your device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Are you using an external audio input device? If yes, what is the make and model of the audio input device you are using as microphone?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer settings before this issue happened?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for audio issue. Visit this link,
    click on Find and fix problems recording sounds and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Jack Win User
    Windows 10 Audio input to programs broken

Recently my audio input, from USB headset and USB guitar cable have stopped working. Going into Windows 'Sounds' and enabling 'Listen to this device' outputs the audio as expected; the problem is not with the devices. However, as soon as I try to use them with any other program, discord, for example, no audio input is detected by discord.

I have tried everything I can think of and some suggestions from Googling around;

• Updating everything - windows, drivers, all related software
    • Rolling windows back to the last build
    • Trying different USB ports
    • Reinstalling drivers and software
    • Running Windows troubleshooters
    • Playing with device properties settings

But nothing seems to work, any suggestions?

Jack, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Problems with audio input

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Problems with audio input

1. Problems with audio input - Similar Threads - Problems audio input

2. Microphone audio input problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone audio input problem: Dear windows users: After the system was upgraded to windows 20H2, my internal microphone cannot input sounds. The problem is all the programs voice recorder, teams, chromes … cannot get microphone signals. But the sound setting panel setting shows that there is sound input....
  3. Audio Input

Audio Input: My PC is picking up little to no audio from my input device Realtek High Definition Audio. I've tried troubleshooting and all that but nothing is working. *Note this has only started recently...
  4. Audio input problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio input problems: I am having a problem with static noise with my audio input, I do not have a microphone plugged in but i still get a static noise. I tried troubleshooting it but it says it doesn’t have any problems. Is there any fix to this issue?...
  5. No audio input

No audio input: So i have no audio input from any of my input ports. My output works fine but no one can hear me. My drivers should be fine. My mic worked fine on pc before and still works fine on ps4. Couldn't find any solutions that worked from other sources. Any help would be very much...
  6. No Audio Input

No Audio Input: I was trying to record a clip for my YouTube channel. Then I realized that my microphone wasn't picking up any input. I tried restarting my PC and even reinstalling my drivers. I tried to ask Cortana about it, but she couldn't hear me because there was no input coming from my...
  7. No audio input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio input: Hey, Quite of a tricky problem here : A month days ago I was on discord with a friend and everything was fine until my sound input died on the computer. I wasnt doing anything special at this moment, no update, no thunder on the house... Just me talking on Discord....
  8. Switch from headphones input audio to on-board input audio

Switch from headphones input audio to on-board input audio: I have headphones that play sound just fine but have broken mic so i cant talk to team mates when playing games. the on-board audio works fine when my headphones are not connected so i was wondering is there a way to make windows use on-board input instead of headphones? i...
  9. Input audio

Input audio: could someone tell me why it doesn't let me change the bit rate please[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-audio/5bd28174-93cd-4b4a-abfa-204bdf2252fc
  10. Audio Input

Audio Input: So I been having this problem with my audio but only when people hear me on the other end it sounds like a vacuum in the background and my laptop has a built in audio with the webcam but even when I use a headset it doesn't solve the problem. I think it is picking up the...