Windows 10: problems with audio interface

Discus and support problems with audio interface in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hi, I have a problem with my audio interface (Behringer u-phoria UMC22), I can only listen to audio, but my mic doesn't work (or the other way around... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Martijn-de-Groot-, Apr 9, 2021.

1. problems with audio interface

hi,

I have a problem with my audio interface (Behringer u-phoria UMC22), I can only listen to audio, but my mic doesn't work (or the other way around in some occasions).

I have tried;

- plugging it in another USB port,

- removing and reinstalling drivers/ USB controllers,

- windows troubleshoot,

- rebooting my PC, of course,

- uninstalling the last windows update (and reinstalling it),

if someone knows a fix, please let me know!

the lights on my audio interface go on when I make sound, these don't show up in windows (settings>system>sound>Test your mic).

submitted by /u/Martijn-de-Groot-
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Martijn-de-Groot-, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Apr 9, 2021
  4. problems with audio interface

Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

problems with audio interface

1. problems with audio interface - Similar Threads - problems audio interface

2. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  3. USB Audio interface not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Audio interface not connecting: Hey, my USB interface randomly stopped working. its connected and its on but windows is showing nothing is connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-audio-interface-not-connecting/61b8b8e5-e5ba-45b7-bb43-0c0661fc9040
  4. Audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio interface issues: Hey how’s it going ,So I’m running an acer all in one With windows 8.1 I connect my art pro 2channel audio interface Installed the drivers all good and everything Opened my daw And. Noticed it wasn’t picking up any sound from my condenser mic neither was my mixer Now just...
  5. Audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio interface issues: Hey how’s it going ,So I’m running an acer all in one With windows 8.1 I connect my art pro 2channel audio interface Installed the drivers all good and everything Opened my daw And. Noticed it wasn’t picking up any sound from my condenser mic neither was my mixer Now just...
  6. Audio USB interface problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio USB interface problem: For some reason my Behringer UMC22 USB interface no longer accepts input from the instrument socket. I can use the microphone input but this produces a latency problem that is not compatible with trying to record music against a backing track All used to work OK until...
  7. Audio interface problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio interface problems: I just got a apogee one audio interface, and when I start recording in Streamlabs after a while the microphone (shure sm58) stops outputting audio. But the wierd part is that Apogee’s software still shows mic activity. This happens on all applications. submitted by...
  8. Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface

Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface: Hi everyone Im an amateur musician composer (I do have a day job in architecture). I've joined this group because I'm having major problems with my music setup after building a new pc for using VSTi virtual instruments / orchestral sample sets. I use a firewire audio...
  9. Interface Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Interface Problem: Ever since being forced to use office 365, I have been getting headaches on a regular basis. One source of the headaches would be the jumpiness and constant movements on the screen. Hovering over objects with the mouse can cause certain things to be hi-lited and windows to...
  10. Windows audio/ interface issue

Windows audio/ interface issue: I use my pc as a DAW Studio. I have a Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB audio interface. It works very well with all things audio on my pc - until Friday. I installed Sonarworks room calibration software to finish flattening my room acoustics out. This explanation is lengthy...