Windows 10: Problems with AVG & Avast

Discus and support Problems with AVG & Avast in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm having problems with both AVG and Avast...Of course those are both the free ones. So I'm looking for a different antivirus that is free and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Arily, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Arily Win User

Problems with AVG & Avast

I'm having problems with both AVG and Avast...Of course those are both the free ones.

So I'm looking for a different antivirus that is free and doesn't conflict with other programs.

I have malwarebytes installed but I don't feel secure enough with just that. I used Avast for a long time (it always stopped viruses for me) but it's conflicting with other things so much that whenever I go to troubleshoot something the common answer I'm giving is it's Avast...get rid of Avast.

:)

Arily, Sep 24, 2019

2. Avast or AVG?

avast - I know people who have had problems with avg and pc slow down

EnglishLion, Sep 24, 2019
  3. boysapnot Win User
    AVG or Avast

I trusted AVAST!!!

*Nutkick :nutkick:Avast rules!!!
    AVG??Thats rediculous! Get rid of AVG!!
    I trusted AVAST!!!

boysapnot, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Porthos Win User

I also use Defender and the Premium version of Malwarebytes. I suggest if you go that route, To set MB to never register in the action center.

Porthos, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with AVG & Avast - Similar Threads - Problems AVG Avast

2. eMAil Attachment With Avast Problem ?

in Windows 10 Support
    eMAil Attachment With Avast Problem ?: Hi, If not in the correct Forum, I apologize. Figured someone here would know what is going on. I miss many of the nuances these days; old age problem again. Always something new. Have been getting eMails with a small envelope icon, a check mark, and a line that says Virus...
  3. Remnants of AVG and Avast left after uninstalll.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remnants of AVG and Avast left after uninstalll.: I had been trying out Avast and AVG internet security packages but decided to go with another package. However after running their uninstalls and both Avastclear and AVGclear there are still items related to these products in the registry and taskbar settings. [img] Is...
  4. AVG Free Problems

AVG Free Problems: Hi all. Just upgraded to Edge and I've reinstalled all of my previous antivirus. All seem to be working well (Malwarebytes and Spybot) except for AVG Free. For some reason whenever I double click on the icon I get the blue spinning circle to show that it's "thinking about...
  5. Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users

in Windows 10 News
    Avast and AVG Browser Extensions Spying On Chrome and Firefox Users: If your Firefox or Chrome browser has any of the below-listed four extensions offered by Avast and its subsidiary AVG installed, you should disable or remove them as soon as possible. - Avast Online Security - AVG Online Security - Avast SafePrice - AVG SafePrice Why? Because...
  6. Problem Removing Virus in AVG

Problem Removing Virus in AVG: My AVG scan indicated a infected file. I have attempted to resolve the issue but is is not removing it. It suggests that I move it to the virus chest. What will I have to do to move it to the virus chest? [Original Title: virus]...
  7. Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG

Avast acquires antivirus maker AVG: Security giant Avast has announced it intends to acquire fellow Czech-based antivirus software maker AVG for a purchase price of $25.00 per share in cash — resulting in a transaction that will total around $1.3 billion. Avast intends to finance the transaction using cash...
  8. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  9. After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Running AVG and Avast!, Really Bad Lag: I had accidentally installed something with a virus, so I brought my computer to a repair shop. They never went inside the computer or anything, but they installed and ran AVG, and after that they ran Avast!, after Avast! they ran Malwarebytes, and then they ran CCleaner....
  10. Avast to buy antivirus rival AVG for $1.3 billion

in Windows 10 News
    Avast to buy antivirus rival AVG for $1.3 billion: Antivirus firm Avast has announced a deal to buy rival company AVG for $1.3 billion (£1bn).The transaction is an-cash offer for AVG's shares at a price of $25 per share. Avast will finance the deal with existing cash reserves and debt financing from third party lenders.The...