Windows 10: Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar

Discus and support Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I start up my computer, it seems to load up perfectly fine but when I go on teamspeak or other apps, problems begin. I have the turtlebeach px5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TheYajrab, Jun 2, 2015.

1. TheYajrab Win User

Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar

When I start up my computer, it seems to load up perfectly fine but when I go on teamspeak or other apps, problems begin. I have the turtlebeach px5 which requires a bluetooth adapter to work but when I go on teamspeak. My microphone does not seem to pick anything up.

I have looked in the audio devices, tried disconnecting and reconnecting and also tried disabling and re-enabling the device but nothing works. I then tried to unplug the bluetooth adapter and this is where it really starts. It disconnects giving no sound (plugged in via a digital wire going into the px5's transmitter and set to go through the realtek audio device) but there is no device removed sound. I try plugging it back in and it comes up with an error saying the device is not recognized and loose all functionality of the taskbar. I try clicking start and nothing happens. I try going on notifications and still nothing. Not even task manager works. I then try restarting my computer and it seems to take 10 minutes to restart for no apparent reason (not exaggerating). It is almost like it gets stuck on the restarting screen.

I don't understand why this is happening and is there anyway to resolve this as it was working perfectly fine before but not now and I cannot system restore to a working point? I did have a load of malware on my computer but I managed to remove it by booting my computer into safe mode. The version of windows 10 I am using is 10122 as I downgrading from 10130 for doing the exact same thing thinking the version I had of 10130 was buggy.

Edit - The only thing that does seem to work is right clicking the start button and get all the admin functions like command prompt and I can also launch applications off of my desktop.

:)

TheYajrab, Jun 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 Functions (such as restarting) Don't Work, internet browsers won't open either, high CPU usage

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

If a computer is infected by a virus, lots of resources will be taken up to greatly slow down computer performance. I suggest you to run virus scan (Microsoft Safety Scanner) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Safety Scanner - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to run maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting on the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on view all and click on
      System maintenance.

• Click on Advanced on the System maintenance dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    For the issue with, black screen try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 4.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    You can also visit the below link for troubleshoot with black screen

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 2, 2015
  3. Flutters Win User
    Windows 10 Functions (such as restarting) Don't Work, internet browsers won't open either, high CPU usage

Alright so first of all I ran the safety scanner, which found a trojan and partially removed it, but that did not fix anything. I next ran the system maintenance, it found nothing. I also now have managed to get into safe mode (it is very difficult because
    restarting and boot manager do not work (restarting I mentioned in my orignal post, and when selecting the boot manager it just goes right on into starting up without giving me any options). The only way to get safe mode is to turn it off while starting up
    so that it does a startup repair--and from the startup repair I can manage to make safe mode start. From safe mode, none of the problems discussed above happen--which tells me that something is for sure there causing this, and safe mode blocks it, and despite
    all my efforts (spent all day yesterday running all the scanners, cleaners and optimizers under the sun just about), I cannot find it, though my computer is otherwise squeaky clean by now, heh. I have not yet tried the thing with the display driver yet, but
    my display driver has been having some failures the last few days so that might possibly be it, and I will get back to you on how it worked. Thanks!

EDIT: uninstalled/reinstalled the display drivers, no changes. Argh! Beginning to feel like I'm running out of options.

Flutters, Jun 2, 2015
Thema:

Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar

1. Problems with basic windows functions such as taskbar - Similar Threads - Problems basic functions

2. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.: Hello,Starting from 26th of December 2021, my PC has been acting up strangely. The system protection isn't working anymore, Windows Update can't install updates anymore and System Recovery doesn't work in both the Online version and in the Recovery environment. On top of...
  3. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.: Hello,Starting from 26th of December 2021, my PC has been acting up strangely. The system protection isn't working anymore, Windows Update can't install updates anymore and System Recovery doesn't work in both the Online version and in the Recovery environment. On top of...
  4. Basic Windows functionalities aren't working as intended.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  6. Your Smartphone basic functions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Smartphone basic functions: Hey dear developers, hello fellow nerds in the microverse,since some time im more and more working on my smartphone, for example noting thoughts i have, doing some "pre-research" and am then looking for basic functions to transfer my work from Phone to Pc. Wanting to do that,...
  7. Basic Defender function

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Basic Defender function: I use Windows Defender as my virus and malware scanner and remover. Every now and I then I see a red shield with a white x over one corner of the larger Defender shield obviously indocating a threat has been detected. When I left-click on the Defender icon, it opens the...
  8. Windows 10 basic functions completely broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 basic functions completely broken: Hello. I have the largest and most fundamental problems one could have with a computer. The most noticeable problem is the wifi section not working at all. The little icon on the taskbar simply disappeared days ago and it has been impossible for me to connect to wifi ever...
  9. copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    copy and paste - the most basic of basic computer functions: Oh mighty Microsoft - how low have you fallen now? I cannot copy and paste on the latest update of Windows 10. This is completely unacceptable. I realize many thousands of people are posting about this same problem. When will Microsoft put out a patch to fix this....
  10. Changing Basic Trackpad Functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Basic Trackpad Functions: I just got my Huawei Matebook X pro and am wondering if there is a way to make the whole touchpad left-click? Currently only the left side left clicks and the right does a right click. If possible I just want to left click with the whole touch pad and two finger tap for...