Windows 10: Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.

Discus and support Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey,I was having some issues with a Yamaha src20a soundbar which was connected via Bluetooth to my windows 11 PC. I tried turning off/on my Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jye Dugdale, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.

Hey,I was having some issues with a Yamaha src20a soundbar which was connected via Bluetooth to my windows 11 PC. I tried turning off/on my Bluetooth etc but didn't fix the issue, so I forgot the device from my Bluetooth connections on my PC. When I tried to repair the device and my PC, I was unable to discover the device so I can't connect/pair to it. I have tried all the usual turn everything off and on again, update drivers etc. I have been able to forget and repair with the soundbar from my phone and IPad, but I cannot rediscover it from my PC.

:)

Jye Dugdale, Feb 20, 2024
  2. RobbyK Win User

Bluetooth connectivity problem

W10 1909

I have a cheap Bluetooth headset I use to watch Youtube, the computer I'm using is old laptop that originally came out with W7, so I don't know where the problem is could be either one. When booting up the pc, my phone auto connects (even though I never paired the two, they are still paired for some reason, but who knows I might use it), and it auto connects to the other computer in the house (which I did pair with). In the last couple months (while trying to get the money to get my new laptop fixed please don't ask my stupidity) I haven't had a problem with the headset. But last week, the headset started not connecting, and I could turn the pc BT off and back on and it would then auto connect. Then today no such luck would not connect for anything. I tried to remove device, but couldn't remove it either. I checked on line found where a lot of people were having same problem, so I followed those instructions:
    Airplane mode
    Device Manager
    show hidden
    remove device
    (disappeared from Device manager)
    Restart
    Headset already showing under Settings>BT
    wouldn't connect
    (Tried) Add device anyway
    (won't re-add headset since it's already showing as paired, but still won't connect, going to Settings>BT then remove device, still won't remove device (that "procedure failed" is the only Windows notification) (other than Connection failed).

So does anyone have any ideas other than what I've already listed? I am having Youtube withdrawals LOL. I got the above procedure straight from the Microsoft Support website, I try to find answers myself when I can that's why I went there first, but came here because there too many people want to say "try what you've already tried" and then list the steps that you just listed, or get rude with you, or just play stupid. This is the best help site on the internet.

Here's the thread I got my instructions
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-367510879f07

RobbyK, Feb 21, 2024
  3. No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.

Bluetooth Audio Device will not be removed and will not connect

I have a set of bluetooth speakers connected to the Nobsound 10-G Bluetooth device and for the past 6 months or so its worked fine. Two nights ago I put my laptop to sleep and occasionally the device has a strange issue where everything wakes up except the screen so i have to turn it off and on again. This happens every once in a while so it wasn't a big deal until i realized the bluetooth wasn't connecting.

The issue is as such: In Bluetooth settings the device shows up as Paired. If i click it to connect, it says connecting then flashes the word connected before immediately going back to saying paired. The Bluetooth speakers do not respond at all to this. If i remove the device in an attempt to re-Pair it, the device does not show up in searches. I have unplugged the Bluetooth device and everything, but it never shows up.

However, if i turn Bluetooth searching off and on again. The device immediately shows up again as paired.
    And if i remove the device completely from device manager and the control panel, it even sets up the device on its own.

Note that this happens even if the Bluetooth device i'm trying to pair with is off, or unplugged or vise versa. No matter what i do, the device will not properly be removed. I've gone into the Device manager, and removed everything. I uninstalled the bluetooth drivers and reinstalled them, i even did a registry edit in Windows NT to rollback the version to 6.2 in hopes that it would help. Nothing changed.

I did notice that if i click connect while the device is unplugged or off, it says that Windows could not connect. So when i'm trying to connect, it can tell that the device is off, but for whatever reason windows refuses to fully remove the device.

I'm on windows 10, using a Razer Blade Stealth from 2016.

Here's an image illustrating the problem.
    Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device. 221816d1548186121t-bluetooth-audio-device-will-not-removed-will-not-connect-help.png

imbreakingdown, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.

1. Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device. - Similar Threads - Problems bluetooth connection

2. Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with bluetooth connection after removing a device.: Hey,I was having some issues with a Yamaha src20a soundbar which was connected via Bluetooth to my windows 11 PC. I tried turning off/on my Bluetooth etc but didn't fix the issue, so I forgot the device from my Bluetooth connections on my PC. When I tried to repair the device...
  3. How to remove unknown connected device in Bluetooth?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unknown connected device in Bluetooth?: A pop up message saying that a device was added in my Bluetooth even though I didn't receive any pair request. I'm scared that I might get hack from this. I tried checking the Bluetooth settings if I can remove it from the connected devices, but I don't see it on the list....
  4. How to remove unknown connected device in Bluetooth?

How to remove unknown connected device in Bluetooth?: A pop up message saying that a device was added in my Bluetooth even though I didn't receive any pair request. I'm scared that I might get hack from this. I tried checking the Bluetooth settings if I can remove it from the connected devices, but I don't see it on the list....
  5. Problem with connecting Bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with connecting Bluetooth device: I have a Lenovo Laptop AMD ryzen 3 and integrated graphics, that too AMD and for the past few months, whenever I try to connect my Bluetooth earphones, they just start glitching and disconnect and reconnect very fast the device connects and reconnects probably 4-5 times per...
  6. Problem with connecting Bluetooth device

Problem with connecting Bluetooth device: I have a Lenovo Laptop AMD ryzen 3 and integrated graphics, that too AMD and for the past few months, whenever I try to connect my Bluetooth earphones, they just start glitching and disconnect and reconnect very fast the device connects and reconnects probably 4-5 times per...
  7. Can't connect to bluetooth device. Can't remove bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to bluetooth device. Can't remove bluetooth device: Since I updated my computer with the latest version of Windows 10 yesterday, I'm having problems getting a set of bluetooth headphone to connect to my computer. I did not have this problem before the update yesterday. My headphone show up in the list of bluetooth devices,...
  8. problems with bluetooth and device connectivity

problems with bluetooth and device connectivity: dear community, i have just upgraded my laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 and the bluetooth was working just fine. after a while suddenly it stopped working. my pc wont recognise any of the bluetooth devices. to top it all off, my device wont connect to any of the ohines...
  9. remove bluetooth devices

remove bluetooth devices: I have unacceptable lag in Bluetooth keyboard and mouse response. I also have built a considerable and duplicative list of Bluetooth devices in Windows 10 Settings list. Will deleting the duplicate devices aid keyboard and mouse response? Is there an easy way to control...
  10. Bluetooth Audio Device will not be removed and will not connect

Bluetooth Audio Device will not be removed and will not connect: I have a set of bluetooth speakers connected to the Nobsound 10-G Bluetooth device and for the past 6 months or so its worked fine. Two nights ago I put my laptop to sleep and occasionally the device has a strange issue where everything wakes up except the screen so i have to...