Windows 10: Problems with Booting

Discus and support Problems with Booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just started getting a few problems causing delay with Booting my Tablet PC. 1. I have started getting the 'Media found .... PXE ... Start over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jan 5, 2021.

1. clayto Win User

Problems with Booting

I have just started getting a few problems causing delay with Booting my Tablet PC.

1. I have started getting the 'Media found .... PXE ... Start over IPVR' notification'. I know (very) basically what it refers to (a problem with the Boot order) but not what could have caused it, or the easiest way to correct it, there are several alternatives

2. A notification saying "memdefrag.exe unable to start click to close". This seems to be related to Glary Utilities which I cannot launch now, following an update. I have downloaded it repeatedly. Glary do not seem to know what is causing it. So for the present I have thoroughly uninstalled Glary Utilities but memdefrag is refusing to be removed. When I find it and delete, it soon reappears

:)

clayto, Jan 5, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 5, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 5, 2021
  4. GNJha Win User

Problems with Booting

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Problems with Booting

1. Problems with Booting - Similar Threads - Problems Booting

2. Windows booting problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows booting problem: I own a hp compaq 8200 elite sff desktop pc with windows 10 installed. When i boot the pc after 3-4 hours first a black screen comes with a fix underscore and after approximately 15-20 seconds i get windows boot manager error 0xc0000102 the boot configuration data for your pc...
  3. Surface Pro 3 booting problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 3 booting problem: Following the computer's attempt to install the latest Windows update the screen went black except for: "Undoing changes made to your computer..." and rotating dots. Power off and back on makes no difference. I have created a recovery drive and tried to recover and now...
  4. Unclear computer boot loop problem

Unclear computer boot loop problem: Hello, I have a computer that was running fine recently, but then suddenly crashes at random. When this does happen, it goes into a boot loop, and if I was able to log in to windows 10, it may crash at random the crash is sudden, everything freezes and the display turns off...
  5. Windows 10 boot problem leads to key issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boot problem leads to key issues: I recently upgraded my gaming PC, getting a new case, motherboard and SSD, and tried using my hard drive from my previous computer with windows already on it. However, when I tried to boot up windows it wouldn't recognise the drive as a place to boot windows from, so I had to...
  6. Dell laptop, occasional boot problem – Hardware, Bios or OS problem?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell laptop, occasional boot problem – Hardware, Bios or OS problem?: My laptop, system one listed in My Computers Running Win 10 pro version 2004 (OS build 19041.685). Has an inconsistent occasional boot problem and looking for someone that might be able to guide me where to look that I havent already. Things noticed when problem occurs, when...
  7. Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows boot priority and BOOTMGR problem.: As you can see, my disks are a bit of a mess, as it's an old PC with old HDDs. [ATTACH] The problem: I'm trying to merge all the partitions in Disk 0, but I can't wipe drive C: because it has an old and corrupted version of Windows 7 that used to be my main boot device. I...
  8. Boot problems/ Game problems

Boot problems/ Game problems: So recently my laptop has been facing problems with booting and updating too. The first problem I experience is the booting problem my laptop is a Lenovo idea pad and when I boot it up it works fine until it was about to load into the lock screen thats when it freezes. So I...
  9. Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Repeating Booting issues. Possible PSU problem: Hello everyone, I hope that the helpful community here will be able to answer my questions, as I am not able to find the reason for this issue. Symptoms. - When I try to turn on my pc from the hibernation using a keyboard/mouse/power bottom it won't respond. I have...
  10. Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5

Boot up problems - HP Pavilion dv5: Greetings, I have a HP dv5 thats experiencing many boot-up problems. It started with the computer throwing the “no bootable disk” every so often and after a few boots it would turn on normally. i took it to a tech guy and he said that these laptops have a flaw in which...