Windows 10: Problems with Build 10240

Discus and support Problems with Build 10240 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So far, I have no sound and Cortana is not working when I speak to her. Any solutions and fixed? 8367 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Problems with Build 10240

So far, I have no sound and Cortana is not working when I speak to her.

Any solutions and fixed?

:)

Jesse Williams, Jul 16, 2015

2. Problems with mail app in Windows 10 build 10240

Hi,

I have recently installed Windows 10 build 10240. But it seems to have something wrong with the mail app.

Problems with Build 10240 [​IMG]

I have tried many times to sync and add a new account (gmail one) into the app but nothing changed. I can't even click on the box 'Add Account'.

Does anybody know something about this case? Please help me!

Thank you,

Jack.

Lâm Nguyễn, Jul 16, 2015
  3. Problems with mail app in Windows 10 build 10240

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way.
    Before providing

assistance, I would like to ask you to answer the question stated below:

• Did you make any changes to your Account recently?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to run the Windows 10 App troubleshooter and check if this helps. Refer to the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Here’s how you can add New email account:

Follow the section “How do I add my email account to Mail?”

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/mail-app-faq

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 16, 2015
  4. Problems with Build 10240

Also, it keeps saying Catalyst Control Center is not responding or has stopped working.

5. bobkn Win User
    At a guess, driver issues.

I don't have AMD graphics in my PCs, but I have read of persistent issues with their Windows 10 drivers. You may get better information in the Drivers forums.

I had trouble with Realtek sound drivers on Build 10074. They carried over when I upgraded that to 10158. The fix for me was returning to Win 8.1, and upgrading that directly to 10158. (If you have a .esd file from the 10240 upgrade, you can prepare an .iso from that. I used that to go from Win 8.1 to 10240. The result is activated.)

Best of luck.

bobkn, Jul 16, 2015
  6. I have Conexant High Definition Digital Audio. So, I don't know what AMD would have to do with Conexant.

7. bobkn Win User
    No connection between Conexant and AMD, as far as I know.

However, the Catalyst Control Center is the control panel for AMD graphics drivers. You may have multiple driver issues.

bobkn, Jul 16, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

Problems with Build 10240

Of course if you have no sound then Cortana cannot hear you.
    If you wish, you can try:
    • Download: DriverStore Explorer. No installation required, just right click and run as Admin, click on Enumerate.
    • From the list, put a tick on the sound drivers, tick on Force Deletion then Delete Package.
    • Download and re-install Conexant Sound Driver.

Hope this helps !!!

topgundcp, Jul 16, 2015
  9. kool371 Win User
    Have you tried to use a headset if you did do you still not have I have No systems sounds via computer speakers. the only way I have found to hear the sounds is with a headset usb or plugged in the headphone jack. If I change the sound scheme from windows default to something else then I hear sounds with and without a headset. has to be something in the windows default sound scheme. thinking if this continues will start from fresh and restore my computer to windows 7 and then upgrade back to this build

kool371, Jul 22, 2015
  10. Thanks everyone for your responses. Unfortunately, I have went back to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I will upgrade to Windows 10 once it's released to the public. Hopefully by then, there will be a compatible version of my sound drivers for Windows 10. The sound for Cortana worked on previous builds. But, it didn't on 10240. If it doesn't, then I will come back for help.

Thanks!

Jesse Williams, Jul 23, 2015
  11. bro67 Win User
    10240 is the RTM build. Even after the 29th, Microsoft is still planning on releasing updates to 10 until the next year. Have you tried installing the sound drivers? Keep in mind that Realtek like other companies are still polishing up their drivers for 10. That means that they will age out the XP & possibly Vista drivers out of their servers.

I have not had any issues with the Desktop I am using for testing 10 on. I personally do not plan on even touching 10 on any of our laptops. One will stay 8.1, the other will continue to use Linux.

bro67, Jul 23, 2015
  12. What do you mean by "Have you tried installing the sound drivers?" Also, what versions of Windows does your Laptops run, and if they run Windows 7 or 8.1, why aren't you upgrading?

13. Problems with Build 10240

Win 10 has had some issues with updating drivers without completely removing previous versions causing conflict. I would try completely removing the driver and running Windows Update again. If that doesn't work, download Win 10 drivers from the manufacturer of your system or you can try Conexant Audio Software for Windows 10 from Lenovo.

fracking4oil, Jul 23, 2015
  14. fracking4oil, I have an Acer. Will the Lenovo drivers work on an Acer product? Also, I will most definitely try that once the upgrade is rolled out to me if there is still no sound.

Thanks!

15. I don't know if the Lenovo driver will work, but I don't see how it could hurt to try.

fracking4oil, Jul 23, 2015
Thema:

Problems with Build 10240

1. Problems with Build 10240 - Similar Threads - Problems Build 10240

2. Build 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10240: So basically im still on the build 10240 and tried updating my computer, i got the error code 0x80240fff and tried updating it with the update assistant that i could download, but that didnt work and was told to restart my pc and try again did that and it still didnt work.....
  3. win 10 build 10240

win 10 build 10240: O/S will not update NVIDIA display 23.21.13.8813, then claims featured update win 10 1803... even rebooted system. Thks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-build-10240/e698df56-9314-4ffa-aade-0063a8b4b44d
  4. Build 10240 Requiring Activaation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Build 10240 Requiring Activaation: Was running win 8 and updated to 8.1 through windows store. On 2 other computers I joined insiders and Win 10240 is running fine. Sooo I decided to load on this computer. insiders was closed so I found a clean download and installed. Problem is a activation is required. I...
  5. sound blaster on build 10240

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound blaster on build 10240: I cannot get my surround 5.1 audio to work with this most recent build of 10240; and i cannot get into the enhancements that are supposed to be available for my card which is the x-fi titanium pci express sound card from creative. Is there any way to resolve this or do I just...
  6. windows 10 build 10240 store problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 build 10240 store problem: hii, i have fresh installed win 10 10240 build and the problem is that windows store is not showing images or thumbnails of apps or games although it is downloading and installing apps fine. i have already tried wsreset.exe file and clearing alll caches and junks through...
  7. Build 10240--WiFi IP Configuration Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Build 10240--WiFi IP Configuration Problems: Been using Win 10 TP since build 9926 and all those since then with no WiFi problems until Build 10240. I now have an IP configuration problem only when waking from sleep. When waking from sleep, there is no Internet access and Troubleshooting recognizes the problem as "WiFi...
  8. Auto Login build 10240

Auto Login build 10240: HI, Dose any one know how to activate auto login netplwiz dose not work. 8390
  9. No update to 10240 on build 10162

No update to 10240 on build 10162: Hey guys, I've just installed Windows 10 build 10162 in my computer. I got the iso file from a torrenting site because Microsoft removed all the isos from the technical preview page, and I was late. I installed the iso in my pc, and then I checked for updates. No Windows...
  10. Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166

Not seeing build 10240 from build 10166: I am currently running Windows 10 Build 10166 (Canada/French version x64 - Core). It was an upgradfe from build 10162. I have tried to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter, rebooted many times, went from Fast to Slow (and then Slow to Fast) ring. Still no updates at...