Windows 10: Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used

Discus and support Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Im trying to use the Windows calendar app and am having problems with every method tried. This app appears to be seriously faulty. If I add an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JordanInsoll, May 16, 2020.

1. Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used

Hi,

Im trying to use the Windows calendar app and am having problems with every method tried. This app appears to be seriously faulty.

If I add an icloud calendar, I can add events in the app that then show up in my icloud calendar ipad and browser and vice versa, adding events works fine.

If I delete an event on my ipad or icloud browser, then click sync in windows calendar, the event is gone, that is also fine.

However, if I delete an event in windows calendar, it does not delete it from my icloud calendar in browser or ipad, regardless of if or when i click sync. Usually, sometime later, the event will reappear in my windows calendar app.

It appears the windows calendar app cannot successfully delete events from an icloud calendar. I have tried all troubleshooting steps i can find including reseting the app, updating windows and the app, speaking to microsoft support etc but cant get a resolution to make it work properly.

As a fix I decided to use my hotmail and microsoft exchange accounts calendars and sync them with my ipad calendar instead. This dosent work either, as when I add an event in windows calendar I cant add address's. When i start typing an address in after clicking on a day to add an event, i then find the address in the auto generated list however when i click on the chosen address, the whole calendar entry box just dissapears. If I do the same again but this time clock on 'more details' then add the calendar entry and address that way, I can successfully do it however now when I check the address preview on both my windows calendar and ipad, it shows an area in the middle of the ocean off the coast of Africa I am on the Gold Coast, Australia BTW.

Is there anyway to get this calendar working properly using either icloud calendar, hotmail calendar or microsoft exchange calendar?

:)

JordanInsoll, May 16, 2020
  2. JustRay Win User

Can't seem to start Windows 10 calendar. (Home edition version 1607)

Okay then.
    Things seem to be working now.
    Regardless of if my account is an Administrator or standard user.
    An regardless of if the accounts are local or Microsoft. (I tested everything)

How ?
    I pasted the following in my browser: windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/
    And then followed the instructions.
    It was step 8, that seems to have fixed it for me.
    It wasn't working after step 7 (I know. Cuz I tested it.)
    It was step 8.
    And for all I know, I could have skipped directly to step 8 and the Calendar would have started working.
    Oh well.

I believe I found the above (windowsreport.com/windows-10-app-wont-open/), somewhere on "this" site.

Prior to the above, I did almost everything that people and articles suggested.
    Including the MS trouble shooter for windows apps tool, and the power shell commands for uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps.
    Nothing worked for me until I followed the above.

Thanks for the kindness and all the suggestions.

So, the bottom line is ...........
    Things are working now.

JustRay, May 16, 2020
  3. meebers Win User
    Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used [​IMG]

meebers, May 16, 2020
  4. Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used

Sync ONLY calendar data in my google account with the Windows 10 calendar app?

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps and check if that helps:

Step 1:Before adding the account:

• Click on Notification icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select All settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Select Calendar.
    • Select Choose apps that can access Calendar.
    • Turn off Mail and Calendar.
    Add the account, then go to next step:

Step 2: After adding the account.

• Open Calendar.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select the google account.
    • Select Change Mail box sync settings.
    • Under sync options, turn off Email and
      Contacts
    Hope it helps. Write to us if you need any more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used

1. Problems with Calendar app regardless of account used - Similar Threads - Problems Calendar app

2. Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...: Hey there folks of the forum -- I've been looking for the last hour on how to perform these steps, and there isn't much useful information out there.Here's how I fixed this issue for a client who signed into a conference room PC using both their work and personal Microsoft...
  3. Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing accounts used by email, calendar and contacts & Accounts used by other apps - A...: Hey there folks of the forum -- I've been looking for the last hour on how to perform these steps, and there isn't much useful information out there.Here's how I fixed this issue for a client who signed into a conference room PC using both their work and personal Microsoft...
  4. Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar

Windows 10 Calendar app - removing "Mircosoft account" calendar: Hello, I have just now reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop. All seems to have reinstalled fine. The one thing I have identified is that although I have not linked my Microsoft account for email and calendar, there is an entry in the calendar app for "Microsoft account". I...
  5. Ghost account in calendar and people app

Ghost account in calendar and people app: I seem to have a weird issue here, I have "ghost accounts" in calendar and people apps. This seems to of happened after I reinstalled icloud a few months back. I have since uninstalled icloud which uses a different hex number that the one listed in calendar and people, I also...
  6. Missing Accounts in Calendar App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Accounts in Calendar App: Hi. I've had my Surface Book 2 for about a year now, however, for about a couple of weeks my accounts on the Calendar app have been removed except for my 365 Account. I've been using 2 other gmail accounts as well as a yahoo account but these are now missing. I've gone...
  7. Mail and Calendar app. problem

in Browsers and Email
    Mail and Calendar app. problem: Q. Will the Mail and Calendar app run on Windows 10 pro Insider preview build 18334? I can't get the app to install. Thanks! 127026
  8. Problems with Mail and Calendar App

Problems with Mail and Calendar App: I cannot access my email. Have gone to the Settings and the App permissions for Email is set to Off and is grayed out so I cannot change it. I have reset the App multiple times but it did not help the problem....
  9. Problem with the calendar app

Problem with the calendar app: I have a problem with the calendar app: Screenshot I have this problem on both my desktop and laptop. I'm running windows 10 N https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/problem-with-the-calendar-app/97677a96-d9dc-4663-90a0-4d1fe860f975
  10. Problems with Mail & Calendar App

Problems with Mail & Calendar App: We have been using the Mail & Calendar app for our users on LINX1010 devices, the email address's are setup through exchange and work fine when I send the devices out. However I am getting a number of users calling me to say there is a problem with the app and that they're...