Windows 10: Problems with Ccleaner

Discus and support Problems with Ccleaner in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; With Ccleaner, it's saying the software is not updated each time I go to update. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Also, it says an application (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, May 16, 2018.

1. Problems with Ccleaner

With Ccleaner, it's saying the software is not updated each time I go to update. Can anyone tell me what is going on? Also, it says an application (I think Microsoft SmartScreen) isn't working due to my internet connection not being connected. My Wi-Fi network is connected to this computer. This is my mom's Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop PC. Below are the screenshots describing what is going on.

Problems with Ccleaner [​IMG]

Problems with Ccleaner [​IMG]

:)

Jesse Williams, May 16, 2018

2. cCleaner problem

1) There is nothing wrong with CCleaner as an application.

Any utility suite given to Joe Public which includes a registry cleaner is NOT in my list of safe applications.

2) CCleaner "DOES NOT" hinder any sort of updates from Microsoft.. at ALL.

3) There had to be some sort of "cleaning" that CCleaner does, that Microsoft does not like.

Yes. Start with registry cleaning, unless of course the owner of the computer has 'forced' stuff in registry. Registry cleaners have not been necessary in any Microsoft operating system since XP. Orphaned entries are ignored and do not slow anything down,
    so why clean them out? The days of restritive registry sizes are LONG gone..

Windows 10 does what it has to do. I assume that you have re-installed CCleaner..

Mike Hall... always, May 17, 2018
  3. ShaneRS Win User
    CCleaner

I recently updated to Windows 10. I don't know if my issue is related to that. CCleaner had been bugging me for a couple of days to clear up some space. Last night, I decided to give it a go. After CCleaner ran, I can't connect to the Internet with any
    browser. How can I recover from this?

Second question. Is it at all necessary to use registry cleaning software? I did some reading afterwards that suggested it is not, so uninstalled CCleaner. I would like to know.

Thanks.

Shane

ShaneRS, May 17, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Ccleaner

1. Problems with Ccleaner - Similar Threads - Problems Ccleaner

2. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  3. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ccleaner it is having a problem.: Yes, I have CCleaner we have had Microsoft CCleaner and HP Smart Friend they all could not get it correct. When it runs the health it cleans the Junk one of the best cleaners for me for the last 10 years. Know the Security is grayed out. Says not hook to internet or cannot...
  4. Ccleaner it is having a problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner: Basically I had two issues: 1. File Explorer was not auto-refreshing. I would have to hit the F5 button to refresh. E.g., when I opened File Explorer, no files would show up or be very slow to show up. Or if I changed a file name or if I added or deleted a file, the...
  6. Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fixed Problem of File Explorer Not Auto-refreshing by Removing CCleaner: Basically I had two issues: 1. File Explorer was not auto-refreshing. I would have to hit the F5 button to refresh. E.g., when I opened File Explorer, no files would show up or be very slow to show up. Or if I changed a file name or if I added or deleted a file, the...
  7. Problem with CCleaner

Problem with CCleaner: Whenever I use ccleaner is erases all of my bookmarked saved sign-ins. Is there a way I can use ccleaner and not erase all of my saved sign-ins? [Original Title: cccleaner]...
  8. CCleaner problem with notification.

CCleaner problem with notification.: I don't know how long this has been going on but I no longer receive the notification that CCleaner has finished cleaning after closing the browser (Edge or IE), it appears that cookies aren't being automatically cleaned either. Someone on the Piriform forum said it could be...
  9. CCleaner in Windows 10 - problems

CCleaner in Windows 10 - problems: I have used CCleaner for years now on Windows XP, 7 and 8 OK, but on Windows 10, CCleaner does not do anything. I have the trash bin full of files, but CCleaner does not find anything to delete. I upgraded this laptop from 7 to 10. After that CCleaner does not clean anything....
  10. Problem with permanently wiping files and traces (ccleaner)

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with permanently wiping files and traces (ccleaner): I have some old files (mostly emails) I want to get rid of so that they are gone for good and not recoverable. These are files that I have deleted in the past non-securely by simply deleting them from windows. As they were deleted the old fashioned way, I ran Ccleaner to wipe...