Windows 10: Problems with Certificates

Discus and support Problems with Certificates in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I run certutil –store, all the certificates have the same data at the end of each entry, which is:- No key provider information Cannot find the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by parsonm, Aug 25, 2018.

1. parsonm Win User

Problems with Certificates

When I run certutil –store, all the certificates have the same data at the end of each entry, which is:-

No key provider information
    Cannot find the certificate and private key for decryption

I don’t think that this is correct, as I believe Windows has lost the location of the certificates for some unknown reason on my Desktop and looking at the MS problem pages it appears to be a bug with 1803. Am I correct with this? Does anyone have any information relating to this and if and when it is going to be fixed?

:)

parsonm, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Glad you got it sorted.

As soon as a patch is available for the second problem, I or someone will post it. There is a fix for the second problem available now, but thus far it involves manually removing it. Have a look at this article if you want to give it a try.

Second Dell Root Certificate Problem Discovered; How To Check For And Remove eDellRoot And DSDTestProvider Security Risks

Borg 386, Aug 25, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    "There is a problem with this website’s security certificate"

The certificate dates seem ok, except perhaps the Certificate revocation list which is old.

SystemTask as above was last run this p.m.

dalchina, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Robert11 Win User

eDellRoot Certificate Problem: Patch Available To Fix It Now ?

Hi,

The Patch you suggested worked well, and fast.
    Sure a lot easier than following 17 steps !

Any idea when the new Patch for the new problem will be available ?

Will it be posted here ? Where ?

Thanks again for all the help,
    Bob

Robert11, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Certificates - Similar Threads - Problems Certificates

2. Windows 10 installation Certification Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 installation Certification Problems: Hi,The problem first signs is i cant get Updates working as they error out. Another is i cant download from the Microsoft Store anything: Code: 0x80248014First my Clock was out of sync. I had go via old Control Panel to Sync it as Windows 10 own was greyed out or lacked the...
  3. Windows 10 installation Certification Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 installation Certification Problems: Hi,The problem first signs is i cant get Updates working as they error out. Another is i cant download from the Microsoft Store anything: Code: 0x80248014First my Clock was out of sync. I had go via old Control Panel to Sync it as Windows 10 own was greyed out or lacked the...
  4. Windows 10 installation Certification Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Problem with DC serving up an expired KDC certificate for ldaps to clients

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with DC serving up an expired KDC certificate for ldaps to clients: have a DC with KDC certificates that expired last month. They have been renewed.But the DC still appears to be providing the expired one to clients. DC has been rebooted since the renewalWindows 2012R2...
  6. Problem with DC serving up an expired KDC certificate for ldaps to clients

Problem with DC serving up an expired KDC certificate for ldaps to clients: have a DC with KDC certificates that expired last month. They have been renewed.But the DC still appears to be providing the expired one to clients. DC has been rebooted since the renewalWindows 2012R2...
  7. Problem with client certificate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  8. Problem with client certificate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with client certificate: Hi every oneI am currently having a problem with the certificate working on windows 10 and windows 11 clients. user after login and the computer shows this certificate even though no action has been taken. This error appears on many users in the domain, has anyone encountered...
  9. Problem with client certificate

10. Admin problems and certificate expiry

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Admin problems and certificate expiry: Hello All, I have a hand me down laptop and I cannot make any significant changes to it. The dialogue boxes do not have the Yes option in them. I have no original disks or software keys or anything. I cannot even assign a new User Account as an Administrator. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. troubleshooting steps for windows certificates

2. no key provider information