Windows 10: Problems with Computer in general

Discus and support Problems with Computer in general in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, Since February 2nd 2019 I've had a occurrence of the same issues to my PC, of such: Constant computer freezing when tabbing out of full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WorkingTester40, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Problems with Computer in general

Hey all,

Since February 2nd 2019 I've had a occurrence of the same issues to my PC, of such:

• Constant computer freezing when tabbing out of full screen games, youtube videos, tabbing in general.
    • Slow computer boot up even though my PC is relatively new.
    • Black screens when trying to perform computer resets.

So atm I own a high end gaming PC....... well in terms of price although I'm currently trying to resolve these issues by reseting the PC. I literally have tried everything I can to reset my PC but it refuses to. When I select options to reset PC I get a black screen, when I open command prompt I get a black screen, when I try to boot in safety mode.... you guessed it black screen, when I try to boot from usb or dvd which is windows creation media I get a black screen, when I try to boot bios It refuses to do so.

If someone can help it would be great

:)

WorkingTester40, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Mar 4, 2019
  3. SamuelLV Win User
    'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Problems with Computer in general

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Computer in general

1. Problems with Computer in general - Similar Threads - Problems Computer general

2. problem general

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  3. problem general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem general: my laptop stuck all the time when it comes to opening pdf/word/on key files with a white screen +how do call off the updates when he restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-general/116c0bd1-dce4-4964-b046-8e502f0bba97
  4. problem general

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. General update and virus problem.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    General update and virus problem.: "Something went wrong. Try to reopen settings later" This is the message i always receive when i try to open windows update.Now most of my folders are not showing name and the sytem is terribly slow....
  6. Problems with taskbar and generally unresponsive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with taskbar and generally unresponsive: Hi! For some time, my taskbar has been unresponsive. I can’t click it, and there doesn’t happen anything when I hover over the icons. Sometimes, my programs also become unresponsive. It does so I can’t click anything close, minimize and sometimes so I can’t click anything at...
  7. General problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General problem: I have hp pavilion laptop. It takes nearly 2 minutes to start after shutdown and if I try to open any app such as chrome it does not open quickly. Please tell the solution of this problem. Also sometimes battery icon is not displayed in my taskbar....
  8. Update 20H2 problem with audio / general computer behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update 20H2 problem with audio / general computer behaviour: Since updating to 20H2, on my first boot I get stuttery audio playback as well as output and the computer takes very long to restart, with the spinning dots moving very slowly, reverting the update did NOT fix the issue, any idea? submitted by /u/XV_Nicole [link]...
  9. General Windows Problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    General Windows Problems: I often come to this site for help and invariably find a lot of other people have the same problems. Not surprising since we are using the same systems with similar computers etc. In fact, often there are so many people with the same problem that it can be contained within...
  10. Installation Problems - General Questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation Problems - General Questions: As the procedures are similar for 7, 8, and 10 can anyone advise me: I used MKLINK /J c:\users ACCOUNT name d:\users\account name and things appeared to be alright until I re-booted the computer and found that I was put into a "temporary account." I can't get out. Any...