Windows 10: Problems with connecting external monnitor

Discus and support Problems with connecting external monnitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Aspire E15 laptop running Windows 10. I have an HP Pavilion 22cwa monitor at my home which works fine with the laptop. I have been taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EllenAnderson6, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Problems with connecting external monnitor

I have an Aspire E15 laptop running Windows 10. I have an HP Pavilion 22cwa monitor at my home which works fine with the laptop. I have been taking the monitor back and forth to a second home, but decided to instead buy the exact same monitor to leave at the second home. When I plug the new monitor in with an HDMI cable, the monitor works, with the screen a duplicate of the laptop screen. When I go to "display" to "detect" I get the message that it doesn't recognize another display. If I go down to "multiple displays" I am given the options to "duplicate" , "extend", "show only on 1" and "show only on 2". I can then get either my laptop screen or the monitor screen to be primary. So obviously the laptop is aware of the monitor. If I choose "show only on 2" it will switch to show only on the monitor and the screen at the top shows a "1" and a "2" monitor, but it will still not "detect". I have updated Windows and rebooted several times. I have unplugged the HDMI cable and I have tried using the VGA cable and have the same problem. I have looked online at troubleshooting options and either they don't work or they are way beyond my abilities and comprehension. Is the problem some inconsistency that happens in the connection between one monitor at home and another in the second house? Other options????

:)

EllenAnderson6, Apr 20, 2021
  2. keakar Win User

Hvaing Problems with Old External HDD

its not easy to say without running a diagnostic test to see how it does.

i would suggest you take the drive out of the external case and hook it up inside your pc and test it that way so you can eliminate the chance it is the external case that is the problem. sometimes the connections inside the external cases can be bad.

keakar, Apr 20, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    WiFi Connection Problem

Hello Claire,

For us to isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When did the issue started?
    • Have you made any software or hardware changes to your device prior to the issue?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problem. Here's how to run the troubleshooter:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

David Haz, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Problems with connecting external monnitor

External HD Connection Problem

I have attached an external HD to my computer running Windows 10 and it will not show up in my drive list. The properties shows it as Seagate.ink - what is an ink file and any suggestions as to how I can get it to work?

ColleenTreacy, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Problems with connecting external monnitor

1. Problems with connecting external monnitor - Similar Threads - Problems connecting external

2. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  3. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  4. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?

Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?: Hi! I just got this laptop and am using an HMDI cord to connect my laptop to external monitor. I have a Dell inspiron 15 windows 10. It keeps saying it doesn’t detect the monitor but I use it fine with my older laptop. My laptop is also in s-mode..is this a problem?...
  6. External harddrive connection

External harddrive connection: I have connected my 4tb external hard drive to my laptop, but it does not appear in "this pc". It is connected and working, but I can't access it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-harddrive-connection/90bbad1b-3610-4b99-a879-6aae1350a4be
  7. Connect external monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect external monitor: How can I connect an external monitor to my new laptop with VGA to HDMI cable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-external-monitor/9e79dcc5-5257-4f83-999a-40af6632e4e6
  8. IPv6 connectivity no external connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv6 connectivity no external connection: Despite getting email and google I can't install some programmes as I am told it is not online. Have checked the Wi-Fi connection but no result....
  9. Problem while connecting external hard disk

Problem while connecting external hard disk: When i connect my hdd ,it sAYSpower DRAWING TOOMUCH and sometimes it doesn't support when i connect other usb no problem is there. Help 56792
  10. Connecting to external (TV)

Connecting to external (TV): Prior to W10 I could connect with no issues. No my surface pro 2 gets all weird when I connect: display icons and font gets tiny and starts to heat up. Weird *Sad Any help would be appreciated Thnx 11124