Windows 10: Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.

Discus and support Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I hope someone can help me please. I'm trying to get 4 Hyper-V VMs on 2 different PCs to connect with each other. Here's the scoop: I have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hendrik Steyn, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.

Hi

I hope someone can help me please.

I'm trying to get 4 Hyper-V VMs on 2 different PCs to connect with each other. Here's the scoop:

I have my laptop with WiFi and ethernet with 1 VM and a desktop with ethernet with 3 VMs - connected to each other with a crossover LAN cable.

I want to share my WiFi's internet, so ALL 4 VMs are connected to each other and have internet that's coming from the WiFi.

Note: I did create a virtual switch in Hyper-V that's using the Ethernet on both the laptop and the desktop.

I have accomplished this by using the following 2 methods. It worked once, and never again.

Method 1: Share the WiFi's internet with the Virtual Switch, and all the VMs on the laptop and desktop had internet and connected to each other perfectly. Worked once and never again

Method 2: Create a Network Bridge with the WiFi and the Virtual Switch, and all the VMs on the laptop and desktop had internet and connected to each other perfectly. Worked once and never again

When both methods stopped working, I obviously tried to redo it again, google A LOT to troubleshoot why each method is not working anymore, played with IP configurations and DNS settings, ask other network engineers and NOTHING. I just don't get either method to work again.

Maybe I'm approaching it the wrong way? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

:)

Hendrik Steyn, Nov 11, 2020

2. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.

WiFi connection

Hello Santhosh,

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you experiencing the same issue with other devices too?

If you are able to connect to other device, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Toggle Wi-Fi

• Forget/reconnect to Wi-Fi access point

• tested multiple access points and different locations

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other.

1. Problems with connecting multiple VMs on different PCs with each other. - Similar Threads - Problems connecting multiple

2. One account multiple PCs, different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One account multiple PCs, different desktops: I have a new tablet. I want the desktop to be different than my main PC. Right now, it has copied all the shortcuts to the new tablet and if I delete them, it says it will delete them on all desktops. Please let me know my options....
  3. One account multiple PCs, different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One account multiple PCs, different desktops: I have a new tablet. I want the desktop to be different than my main PC. Right now, it has copied all the shortcuts to the new tablet and if I delete them, it says it will delete them on all desktops. Please let me know my options....
  4. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  5. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs can't see each other: I have two PCs both running Windows 10 and ESET Antivirus and Firewall. When they are both on Network 1 they can see each other and share folders happily. Then, if I move them to Network 2 they can no longer see each other or share folders. The only change I make to both is...
  6. Windows 10 PCs can't see each other

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Windows PCs Show Each Other's Desktop Icons?: I have just updated my Windows 10 to the latest version December 11, 2020. I have 2 different PCs on the same home network - one used for work, one for music - both of which I log in on with the same password. Now my music PC's desktop shows some of my work PC's desktop icons...
  8. Some network PCs not seeing each other

Some network PCs not seeing each other: I have 5 PCs on my network, all running Windows10. Some are connected to the router by ethernet, others by wifi: it doesn't seem to matter which. A, B and C can see all 5 including themselves. Both D and E can only see B and D. What could be stopping them seeing all five?...
  9. PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network

PCs Can't See Each Other On A Network: Hi Our network has not been working properly for ages but we've coped. Now, however, I want to get it working as it should do. Our network comprises three PCs, our two main PCs and a spare which does get used on a regular basis. All are connected via ethernet cables and...
  10. How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN

How to connect two or more PCs to each other on the shared LAN: I have a small network of PCs all connected via ethernet to the same LAN each with unique IP. Every time I switch on the PCs I have a problem connecting to the shared folders on the other computers. Sometimes this can be resolved by entering \\{computername}\ in the network...