Windows 10: Problems with Copy and Paste

Discus and support Problems with Copy and Paste in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm new here and new to Windows 10, which installed itself onto my computer just recently. I have some folders I like to backup to Dropbox and in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by missticky2, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Problems with Copy and Paste

Hi
    I'm new here and new to Windows 10, which installed itself onto my computer just recently. I have some folders I like to backup to Dropbox and in Windows 7 I would simply copy the folder and then past into the Dropbox window and I would get an option, amongst other things, to replace the existing folder - which is what I would choose to do do.

I tried doing the same in Windows 10 and I'm not getting the option to replace the existing folder. Nothing at all pop sup and it is automatically making a new folder of the same name, but with the word 'copy' added. So I end up with the original folder plus the new copy folder. I really want to overwrite the existing folder and everything that is in it, like I used to, and not make another copy of everthing I backup there.

Am I missing something simple somewhere that I should be doing to get the message to pop up asking if I want to replace the existing folder?

Thanks for any help

:)

missticky2, Jun 17, 2016

2. Problems with copy and paste

Thank you for the additional information. In this case, some functions on your computer may not work due to driver issue. You may have to update the drivers as well since you've just updated computer. This is to avoid any driver compatibility issue. However,
    if you think that the drivers are up-to-date, yet you're experiencing issues on your computer, such as installation issues after the update, you can run the
    System File Checker to scan the system files, and to sort out what's the cause of
    the issue on your computer.

For any results, just send us a reply.

Marque Lor, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Problems with copy and paste

all was fine prior to the update,, one of the first things that I had noticed was that my screensaver did not function at all. I have done numerous resets and restores since the update , but the problem persists. Programs that I had prior to update will
    not even install now. I am at my wits end over this because I have no clue of how to correct this problem.

Klatu Givens, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Problems with Copy and Paste

Well...that's really weird. Just went and tried it again, no restart or anything, and suddenly it's working how it should *Huh

missticky2, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Problems with Copy and Paste

1. Problems with Copy and Paste - Similar Threads - Problems Copy Paste

2. Copy and paste problem in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and paste problem in windows 11: I can't able to copy and paste on my laptop. I tried in many ways to fix this by watching videos on YouTube but no use. it is showing 400 Bad requests while pasting something. my laptop specs arewindows11, 11th generation* Moved from Community Center...
  3. Copy and paste problem in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste problem in windows 11: I can't able to copy and paste on my laptop. I tried in many ways to fix this by watching videos on YouTube but no use. it is showing 400 Bad requests while pasting something. my laptop specs arewindows11, 11th generation* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Copy/Paste

Copy/Paste: Hi,My Copy/Paste on Widows 11 doesn't work on my PC.Is there a way I can set my computer for it to work like Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copypaste/6ba679b4-d365-4d72-9ba4-373ed0f7a3c3
  5. Copy and paste problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy and paste problem: I am having problems with my copy/paste function.I have 2777 photos JPEG on a dvd and am trying to copy/paste to a portable 2GB SSD hard drive.When I open F: where the dvd is, when I click Select All then copy then paste to iDriveWiFiD: SSD, it will start pasting. When it...
  6. Sticky Notes copy/paste problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sticky Notes copy/paste problem.: Lately when I try to use keyboard shortcuts to copy or paste with Sticky Notes it doesn't work right. It usually requires me to do it twice. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix? submitted by /u/PeterPanLives [link] [comments]...
  7. Copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste: Sometimes I can copy and paste with microsoft word + , but when I am online other sites , I can not copy and paste . How do i fix this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/copy-and-paste/f366024b-492b-45b7-b087-951f1226a939
  8. Copy and paste

Copy and paste: Why am I having trouble pasting stuff to notepad, wordpad and open office. It just prints off in one long column and in the open office I get lines and can't type into it. Help appreciated. Kerry...
  9. Problem with copy paste to sd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with copy paste to sd: Hi, i have a problem and i can't find any solution. I have built my own device, this device read data from microsd cards. The data in microsd are just txt files. My problem is that when i c/p the data to sd from windows 7 system, everything works fine! My device read the data...
  10. Copy & Paste

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy & Paste: Something just recently changed in Windows 10. I can no longer use the PASTE shortcut CRTL+V. To paste anything, I must use the right click and then click on PASTE. I generally use COPY (CRTL_C) then CRTL+V and it is done. Does anyone know how to correct this so I can use the...