Windows 10: Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Discus and support Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by datdereyeehaw, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Hi,
    I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all newly created users. My problem is when I have Cortana disabled, the searchbox reverts to the magnifying glass icon. I need it to show the searchbox and I need to remove web results from appearing when searching for things. I don't want to have to manually change the taskbar settings everytime I have a new user logging in. I have tried both local group policy and regedit. I have it working on HKCU on the current admin user account, but for some reason it doesn't apply to all users no matter what I try. Is this doable at the moment?
    I think I have tried all the guides on this website, I also have been looking for days. Any Help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

datdereyeehaw, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Cortana / searchbox / slideshow failures

Hi

Cortana / searchbox are completely inactive most of the time - occasionally working correctly; and picture slideshow screensaver / lock screen rarely works, and when it does, only for about two minutes before being pushed out of the way by aero or by the
    MS cave shot.

I reported these to an agent in live chat. I permitted remote access. She spent about 2hrs saying that these issues were due to my user account being corrupt and therefore creating me a new user account. After a further hour or so of recreating all
    my personal settings, I discover that none of the issues have been solved. Cortana / searchbox is absolutely unresponsive most of the time, and picture slideshow works only occasionally and if at all only for about 2mins. [I wish that I could buy Windows
    8 or Windows 97]

Any ideas?

RussellDurling र-द, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Cortana / searchbox / slideshow failures

Hi

Cortana / searchbox are completely inactive most of the time - occasionally working correctly; and picture slideshow screensaver / lock screen rarely works, and when it does, only for about two minutes before being pushed out of the way by aero or by the
    MS cave shot.

I reported these to an agent in live chat. I permitted remote access. She spent about 2hrs saying that these issues were due to my user account being corrupt and therefore creating me a new user account. After a further hour or so of recreating all
    my personal settings, I discover that none of the issues have been solved. Cortana / searchbox is absolutely unresponsive most of the time, and picture slideshow works only occasionally and if at all only for about 2mins. [I wish that I could buy Windows
    8 or Windows 97]

Any ideas?

RussellDurling र-द, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

1. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803 - Similar Threads - Problems Cortana Searchbox

2. Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803: Windows 10 Pro v1803 After running sysprep and rebooted i get " Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer" and obviously restarting did not fix the issue. So i pulled the log file from...
  3. Problems with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problems with Cortana: Hi. Cortana freezes and does nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-cortana/41f34c76-42d5-48fa-b7f5-d46d21310762"
  4. Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to add searchbox to taskbar Windows 10 Pro: This issue all started when I wanted to print a youtube screen Was told to enter "snipping tool" in the taskbar searchbox. No searchbox on taskbar. To fix this, I was instructed to right click taskbar and go to "properties.". No properities there. Tried going through...
  5. Windows 10 v1803 NOT notify the user to reboot after installed hotfix

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 v1803 NOT notify the user to reboot after installed hotfix: Dear all, All our computer which windows 10 v1803 NOT notify the user to reboot the machine after the updated installed. Out policy [img] Notify of windows 7 [img] Thanks. 118182
  6. How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to have users sign in and have cortana disabled for all: Is there a way to make [img] this layout and settings for every user that signs on to a computer through our domain? Teachers do not need Cortana or any web searching through the search box. Is it possible to make these settings a default for all new users who sign on?...
  7. Windows 10 Pro v1803 Cortana Text Visibility Issue on Suggestions Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro v1803 Cortana Text Visibility Issue on Suggestions Page: Does anyone know where the settings are for Cortana's suggestion page, specifically the text and background colours? This issue is minor since it does not stop Cortana from functioning but it annoys me that the suggestions page is not displaying correctly in my main...
  8. Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Review, Cortana, and Problems.: Review. I like Windows 10, and the new features. For starters, it looks better, so much nicer, and futuristic since we are getting into that age now. I like that it resembles the past previous Windows with the start menu, bring in the old, but make it new. I like the way...
  9. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Problem: When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana. I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there. 3794
  10. Searchbox on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Searchbox on taskbar: I like to have the simple search box - magnifying glass only - on the taskbar. Since Win 10 Creators Update it appears - thus - Circle Type here to search (space) then the microphone symbol - Can't find a way back to the simple mag glass. Help! 92503