Windows 10: Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Discus and support Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by datdereyeehaw, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Hi,
    I'm Creating a new Windows 10 Pro v1803 Image. I need to be able to disable Cortana and web searching in the searchbox on the taskbar for all newly created users. My problem is when I have Cortana disabled, the searchbox reverts to the magnifying glass icon. I need it to show the searchbox and I need to remove web results from appearing when searching for things. I don't want to have to manually change the taskbar settings everytime I have a new user logging in. I have tried both local group policy and regedit. I have it working on HKCU on the current admin user account, but for some reason it doesn't apply to all users no matter what I try. Is this doable at the moment?
    I think I have tried all the guides on this website, I also have been looking for days. Any Help would be appreciated, thanks!

:)

datdereyeehaw, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Cortana / searchbox / slideshow failures

Hi

Cortana / searchbox are completely inactive most of the time - occasionally working correctly; and picture slideshow screensaver / lock screen rarely works, and when it does, only for about two minutes before being pushed out of the way by aero or by the
    MS cave shot.

I reported these to an agent in live chat. I permitted remote access. She spent about 2hrs saying that these issues were due to my user account being corrupt and therefore creating me a new user account. After a further hour or so of recreating all
    my personal settings, I discover that none of the issues have been solved. Cortana / searchbox is absolutely unresponsive most of the time, and picture slideshow works only occasionally and if at all only for about 2mins. [I wish that I could buy Windows
    8 or Windows 97]

Any ideas?

RussellDurling र-द, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

Cortana / searchbox / slideshow failures

Hi

Cortana / searchbox are completely inactive most of the time - occasionally working correctly; and picture slideshow screensaver / lock screen rarely works, and when it does, only for about two minutes before being pushed out of the way by aero or by the
    MS cave shot.

I reported these to an agent in live chat. I permitted remote access. She spent about 2hrs saying that these issues were due to my user account being corrupt and therefore creating me a new user account. After a further hour or so of recreating all
    my personal settings, I discover that none of the issues have been solved. Cortana / searchbox is absolutely unresponsive most of the time, and picture slideshow works only occasionally and if at all only for about 2mins. [I wish that I could buy Windows
    8 or Windows 97]

Any ideas?

RussellDurling र-द, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803

1. Problems with Cortana/Searchbox for all users Windows 10 v1803 - Similar Threads - Problems Cortana Searchbox

2. Windows searchbox not showing

in Cortana
    Windows searchbox not showing: hey! when i right click on taskbar and select search it only shows show search icon not show search box or whatever please tell me how to fix it and i am on Windows 10 Pro Education edition...
  3. Searchbox Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Searchbox Not Working: Search box can't type and can't sign in with Microsoft Account since updating from version 1903 to 1909. How to fix it on windows 10 home edition? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/searchbox-not-working/43e0b224-40ce-4f12-98c2-2011fbc56d9e
  4. Cortana for current and all users

in Cortana
    Cortana for current and all users: Hi, I uninstalled cortana, but now i want to reinstall it, but i found that there are 2 version, 1 for current users and 1 for all users. What are the differences between them? Which version should I get, and which version go along with Win 10 through Media creation tool??...
  5. Windows 10 2004 20H2 610 Only Builtin Administrator account StartMenu, Searchbox, Cortana...

in Cortana
    Windows 10 2004 20H2 610 Only Builtin Administrator account StartMenu, Searchbox, Cortana...: Hello, More problems. Search and sourced from Cortana Notifications icon not seen. [ATTACH] Cortana Open and close 2 second. Not working. [ATTACH] Start menu User Button clicked but not see Closed Session and Other Options [ATTACH] Windows StartMenu,...
  6. Two problems with searchbox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two problems with searchbox: I suddenly (out of the blue) have two problems with the searchbox. When searching in explorer, the searchbox is really small (as in tight spaced) and I can't see what I'm typing. I fixed this myself, by re-dragging te box to a normal size, but i never changed it in the...
  7. cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all

in Cortana
    cortana missing in setting and searchbox in taskbar not working at all: before this search box problem i have did a windows reinstall using a usb drive and after it reinstall and upgrade, the search box can't use at all and also cortana is missing...
  8. Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems after sysprep Windows 10 Pro v1803: Windows 10 Pro v1803 After running sysprep and rebooted i get " Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt to resume configuration, restart the computer" and obviously restarting did not fix the issue. So i pulled the log file from...
  9. Windows 10 Pro v1803 Cortana Text Visibility Issue on Suggestions Page

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro v1803 Cortana Text Visibility Issue on Suggestions Page: Does anyone know where the settings are for Cortana's suggestion page, specifically the text and background colours? This issue is minor since it does not stop Cortana from functioning but it annoys me that the suggestions page is not displaying correctly in my main...
  10. Searchbox on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Searchbox on taskbar: I like to have the simple search box - magnifying glass only - on the taskbar. Since Win 10 Creators Update it appears - thus - Circle Type here to search (space) then the microphone symbol - Can't find a way back to the simple mag glass. Help! 92503