Windows 10: Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps

Discus and support Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The problem I am having is that the file manager on my PC and OneNote on my laptop are ignoring the system theme. This has been a consistent problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LiFRiz, May 6, 2020.

1. /u/LiFRiz Win User

Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps

The problem I am having is that the file manager on my PC and OneNote on my laptop are ignoring the system theme. This has been a consistent problem for months and I am tired of waiting for it to sort itself out. Does anyone have any tips for troubleshooting this?

submitted by /u/LiFRiz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LiFRiz, May 6, 2020
  2. Aventinus Win User

Windows 10 (1809): How To Use the Dark Theme for UWX Apps but the Light Theme for win32 Programs?

The latest version of Windows 10 (1809) has added a new feature to Windows Explorer (and various win32 programs). Specifically, if one uses the Dark Theme for UWX apps, the Windows Explorer also turns dark.

Here's an example of how an UWX app looks after enabling the Dark Theme:

Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps e1nnd.png

Here's an example of how the Windows Explorer looks after enabling the Dark Theme:

Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps XKRyx.png

However, while I enjoy the dark theme for UWX apps, I prefer using the light theme for Windows Explorer (and other win32 programs).

Question: Is there an option or a "hack" that allows me to use the dark theme for UWX apps, but the light theme for Windows Explorer (and possibly other win32 programs)?

Aventinus, May 6, 2020
  3. PJBull Win User
    Dark Theme

Hello,

I've tried a few things suggested, like repairing Office and the problem still persists. Do you have any other ideas ?

The online version of Outlook works fine as far as the dark theme goes.

Regards

Peter.

PJBull, May 6, 2020
  4. Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps

windows 10 dark theme

hi

i updated windows 10 pro but dark theme didn't effect all panels like windows explorer and right click menu

i changed windows theme from personalize and select colors then dark mode for windows apps

how to solve this problem ?

johnsmith442, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps

1. Problems with Dark theme on Windows apps - Similar Threads - Problems Dark theme

2. windows dark theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows dark theme: does windows dark theme both app theme and windows theme affect performance of PC and make it slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dark-theme/084869e9-30d3-42a3-a573-e9f0f16a75df
  3. Windows Dark Theme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Dark Theme: Hey guys I use to have black everything in Windows 10 home. But now my taskbar start menu and shit is all this gross dark grey. Ive been looking everywhere for a fix to this and cant seem to find anything. I have dark mode enabled for Windows mode and app mode and I have...
  4. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: Hello, I have Windows 10 and I like the look of the Dark Theme. I have tried to select this theme for Office and it works, mostly. However, when I use Outlook 365 the message pane retains its white colour, and there is no sun or moon icon - in the options - to change it....
  5. windows dark theme

windows dark theme: hey there I really like that dark theme in windows and i saw that in my cousin's laptop. I would like to know that how can i enable that on mine? i like to have that dark windows and i appreciate your help and i wanted to know that can i customize that theme or it's not...
  6. Dark Theme

Dark Theme: I applied the dark theme in my laptop.I am only getting the dark theme in settings and not in file explorer/this pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/e0c58784-3f5d-4b76-a2e9-b2378f57083e
  7. dark theme

dark theme: need dark theme for all apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dark-theme/4752842f-8df5-4a38-83a8-590fbb1edad8
  8. windows dark theme

windows dark theme: hello...hi my question is my pc is supporting to dark theme and its showing....but when I open windows explorer its not become dark? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-dark-theme/ff625bc2-f7e2-44df-b3e3-9a20e81f5e49
  9. Dark themes

Dark themes: Been looking for a theme where the individual windows have a black background like the high contrast themes but these look a little clunky. I have started using high contrast themes as the large areas of white in normal themes hurt my eyes . Any ideas? 33319
  10. Dark theme

Dark theme: I installed the dark theme but windows explorer is still with the light white theme so how do I make it dark pls? 24243