Windows 10: Problems with device limit of microsoft store

Discus and support Problems with device limit of microsoft store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to install Mnecraft for windows 10 in my new laptop, but I wasn't able to do it.The error said, 'to install your app or game, remove a device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hongje Choi, May 1, 2021.

1. Problems with device limit of microsoft store

I tried to install Mnecraft for windows 10 in my new laptop, but I wasn't able to do it.The error said, 'to install your app or game, remove a device from your account'. So I removed all except one laptop, which I'm now using. But it keep pops up and I can't install my game I bought.I had many devices before, and many accounts too.The account that has Minecraft is old account, so I don't usually use it.The one I'm now usually using is this account, which I'm now writing this questionSo every time I install Minecraft, I just logged in to my old account and installed it, and then I logged

:)

Hongje Choi, May 1, 2021
  2. Louie Del Win User

Microsoft Store Problem

Hi,

There are times that you’ll encounter an error that the account doesn’t exist if the account name was misspelled. It can also be related to a conflict that has occurred with the Store app. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you check this
    article for the steps that you can use.

Also, here are the troubleshoot steps that you can follow to isolate if the issue is with the Store app:

• Check for
      connection problem
    • Check if you have the correct time and location settings. Go to Settings
      > Time & Language.
    • Reset Microsoft Store cache:
    • Press Windows + R keys to launch the run command box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft and sign in.

We're just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, May 1, 2021
  3. Roffe39 Win User
    Device Limit Reached

Same here. Got mail from Microsoft Team Advice (?): "It looks like you've reached your device limit for installing apps and games from the Store on your Windows 10 device. If you want to install apps and games from the Store on another Windows 10 device,
    remove a device from the device list." Have only one device on my device list - the one I´m using (Lenovo laptop). Cannot install new app. What to do?

Roffe39, May 1, 2021
  4. Problems with device limit of microsoft store

Microsoft Store is not working

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the exact issue you are facing in accessing the Windows Store?

Have you tried to reset the Windows Store as stated in the above response?

If the issue still persists after deploying the above troubleshooting steps, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
    and check.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

1. Press
    Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Control Panel.

2. In the
    Control Panel window, select Category and then select
    Large icons.

3. Click on
    Troubleshooting.

4. Click
    View all and then click Windows Store Apps.

5. Click
    Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2021
Thema:

Problems with device limit of microsoft store

1. Problems with device limit of microsoft store - Similar Threads - Problems device limit

2. Microsoft Defender Device Onboard Local Script Device Limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Device Onboard Local Script Device Limit: Hello, I would like to use the Defender Onboarding Local Script to onboard between 40 & 50 devices that failed to onboard with the Intune deployment method used for mass deployments. It says that this type of deployment method can only be used on a device count between 1 &...
  3. Microsoft Defender Device Onboard Local Script Device Limit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Device Onboard Local Script Device Limit: Hello, I would like to use the Defender Onboarding Local Script to onboard between 40 & 50 devices that failed to onboard with the Intune deployment method used for mass deployments. It says that this type of deployment method can only be used on a device count between 1 &...
  4. Microsoft Defender Device Onboard Local Script Device Limit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I reached the 10 Device Limit on Microsoft Store, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reached the 10 Device Limit on Microsoft Store, what are my options?: Hello,I need to install Windows 10 pro onto a new computer at work, but I received a pop up that says I have reached the 10 device limit. All of these devices are used at work, so I do not want to remove one for this new computer. What are my options? Is there a way to...
  6. I reached the 10 Device Limit on Microsoft Store, what are my options?

I reached the 10 Device Limit on Microsoft Store, what are my options?: Hello,I need to install Windows 10 pro onto a new computer at work, but I received a pop up that says I have reached the 10 device limit. All of these devices are used at work, so I do not want to remove one for this new computer. What are my options? Is there a way to...
  7. I reached the 10 Device Limit on Microsoft Store, what are my options?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. problem! limit of 10 devices to Microsoft store, removing devices but still im at the limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem! limit of 10 devices to Microsoft store, removing devices but still im at the limit: so I've been online and I've unlinked all devices from Microsoft store but whenever I try loading up Minecraft which I just bought it says "You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the Store." I've reset, deleted, and reinstalled...
  9. problem! limit of 10 devices to Microsoft store, removing devices but still im at the limit

problem! limit of 10 devices to Microsoft store, removing devices but still im at the limit: so I've been online and I've unlinked all devices from Microsoft store but whenever I try loading up Minecraft which I just bought it says "You’re at the limit for the number of devices that can be used with games and apps from the Store." I've reset, deleted, and reinstalled...
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 device limit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 device limit: I totally want to start using MSFS 2020 right away. I own a mid-range PC but would like to upgrade later and buy a totally new one. If I purchase and install the simulator on my current PC, can I use the simulator on my new PC later? Thanks for helping, Bernie...