Windows 10: Problems with digital camera connection in new Win 10 update

Discus and support Problems with digital camera connection in new Win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, As the title states, i’m having issues with a digital camera connection after the latest Win 10 update. The dcam is a really old one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WookieAxeman698, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Problems with digital camera connection in new Win 10 update

Hi everyone,

As the title states, i’m having issues with a digital camera connection after the latest Win 10 update. The dcam is a really old one (brand: imi-tech), running on a 1394/firewire connection. It was working just fine before the system update and when i checked the files, the driver files (.sys) are still there in the folders. But somehow, it’s just not loading correctly.

Whatever help you can offer is highly appreciated.

This is the error message i get whenever i try to use the camera:

Problems with digital camera connection in new Win 10 update [​IMG]

:)

WookieAxeman698, Mar 26, 2019
  2. Jeddie Win User

Win 10 does not see my Camera?

All,
    I have a Sony digital camera DCS-W730 (not a camera on my phone. Its a seperate camera) that I can no longer download photos to my PC? I haven't used the digital camera since I upgraded to win 10 in Jul 2016. I could download when I was on win7 with no problem.

When I plug in the camera via usb, Windows opens that box that has only 3 choices; Configure, Open, Do nothing.
    Also when I go to file Explorer, W10 has opened up an 'M' & a 'K drive? I can see some photos but these are from 2013? Any recent photo I have taken cannot be found?

If I disconnect the camera, & connect my mp3 player (not a phone, but old school mp3 player), Windows promptly opens that box of choices but this time it offers an option to import photos? This is what is used to do for my camera?
    I have searched the web without success. I checked Sony website and it says my camers is compatible with win 10.

Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any suggestions on how to fix?

Running Ver1709

Jeddie, Mar 26, 2019
  3. Using a Digital Camera with Windows 10

Hi all

I have recently upgraded a desktop PC from Win 7 to Win 10

Before I upgraded, if I connected my Sony digital camera (HX50) to the USB, Win 7 recognised the camera, posted an icon of a camera which if clicked would open and show the files on the camera.

The files were organised into folders bearing the date they were taken and each folder had the photos taken on that date.

It was easy to drag any new folders across to a HDD on the PC.

In Win 10 the camera is just shown as an external drive, no dedicated icon for the camera and all the files are displayed together without the dated folders. The simple "drag and drop" of a folder is gone!

Why has the system been "downgraded" as regard digital cameras, or is there a workaround?

Cheers

Keith

keithnicholls37, Mar 26, 2019
  4. Problems with digital camera connection in new Win 10 update

+Connecting Camera

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for posting in the Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

Before to begin with troubleshooting,I would like
    you to answer the following questions:

• Provide me the make/model of pc and camera?

• Did you get any error message?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Step 1:Update the driver

After the install to Windows 10, the drivers for the camera may have not been Installed. I would suggest that you install the drivers for the camera and check.

a. Move the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the
    “Start”
    icon.

b. Select ‘Device manager’.

c. Expand ‘Camera”, right-click on the adapter and select update ‘update driver software’

step 2: Run the hardware troubleshooter.

To do so, open Control Panel
    > troubleshooting> Hardware and Sound >
    Hardware and Devices

follow the instructions.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 26, 2019
Thema:

Problems with digital camera connection in new Win 10 update

1. Problems with digital camera connection in new Win 10 update - Similar Threads - Problems digital camera

2. camera and usb connection problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera and usb connection problems: i have a canon powershot s330 camera and it is saying it is a retired camera on canon website is there way i can just make it pop up on my usb devices to get to my photos on it i went into properties and is giveing me a code 28 i am on windows 11...
  3. camera and usb connection problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera and usb connection problems: i have a canon powershot s330 camera and it is saying it is a retired camera on canon website is there way i can just make it pop up on my usb devices to get to my photos on it i went into properties and is giveing me a code 28 i am on windows 11...
  4. win 10 and this new digital license thing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 and this new digital license thing: Hi Folks, I just built a machine today, it was/is a Win 10 Enterprise box. I have a Win 10 CD and a PID. I made the PC, Im in as a local user in an old-timey account and got it going as usual. At one point during the setup MS was asking me to join the herd and use a...
  5. Connecting digital camera under Wiindows 10/2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting digital camera under Wiindows 10/2004: Since the last time I downloaded pictures from my Canon digital, I've installed a USB webcam and upgraded to Windows 10/2004. The Canon CameraWindow app has always worked to download images and data in the past. Now when I connect the camera via USB, I get the usual...
  6. Connect a Wireless camera to a Win 10 pC

Connect a Wireless camera to a Win 10 pC: I bought a wireless inspection camera claiming it works with apple, android and Windows. Instructions list apps for phones WIFILook, but no instructions for Windows. I can connect my Surface Laptop to the camera and have all the MAC and IP addresses. How do I display the...
  7. re: a new win update problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    re: a new win update problem: I am having troubles with auto updates again on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win 10 Home 32bit. I put in the following line bellow into the Windows Registry. Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows" in the Registry. Right-click the Windows (folder)...
  8. re: a new win update problem

in Windows 10 Support
    re: a new win update problem: I am having troubles with auto updates again on my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win 10 Home 32bit. I put in the following line bellow into the Windows Registry. Find "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows" in the Registry. Right-click the Windows (folder)...
  9. Canon Digital camera connection to laptop which has windows 10?

Canon Digital camera connection to laptop which has windows 10?: I have a new laptop which has windows 10.. I was told by the salesman that anything that I plug into a usb port will be recognised and information would appear on the screen? I tried to connect my sons android phone and that turned out to be an horrific list of...
  10. Digital Camera

Digital Camera: Hi I have a Fujifilm Finepix S2100HD camera. On my laptop windows 10 operation system can't detect it through USB cable. What can I do? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-camera/9307a7b2-57da-471f-b011-9b625944ffac