Windows 10: Problems with downloading large games from Windows 10 App Store

Discus and support Problems with downloading large games from Windows 10 App Store in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Ok, so a bit of a backstory. I've had an Xbox One since it was released and own several Play Anywhere title. Where I live I'm also limited to an 8Mb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JD Trakal, Aug 31, 2019.

1. JD Trakal Win User

Problems with downloading large games from Windows 10 App Store

Ok, so a bit of a backstory. I've had an Xbox One since it was released and own several Play Anywhere title. Where I live I'm also limited to an 8Mb connection (however hopefully that will change in the next couple of months however I'm not holding my breath). On my old PC I tried to download the games that I purchased on Xbox that were on Play Anywhere, however with the exception of one, I've never been able to get them downloaded. Anytime I try and download the game, it would get to about 2/3 of the way downloaded but then restart. I tried various things at the suggestion of MS and various articles, running wsreset and the troubleshooter with no luck.

So with Game Pass been available with PC, I recently got myself a new PC. I decided to start downloading Metro Exodus on Wed and this morning it was nearly complete (I had several things downloading at the same time hence why it took so long). When it downloaded it gave an error code which indicated that I had pending updates to install, checked I did so I rebooted to allow them to install. Before I rebooted I checked the start menu and couldn't see Metro Exodus, after I rebooted it was showing. When to start it, nothing happened, checked the downloads for the store, it's showing an error. Checked the Metro Exodus Xbox app and it's showing Install. Click on it hoping that it would see it has files downloaded and just read those... Nope started downloading the whole thing.

Decided to leave it alone, check the progress a few hours later and see once again the download has an error. Clicked retry and it started the download once again. I decided to crack open the WindowsApps folder after I seen a post saying that the store downloaded about 20 copies of Forza Horizon 4 and I find a 64GB file sitting there.

As it stands I'm not happy with the Windows 10 Store overall, anytime I've tried to download large games it screws up, has anyone got any advise or know if its possible to get the WIndows 10 Store app to use this 64GB file?

:)

JD Trakal, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

I could not download a game that I have purchased from Windows 10 App Store

Hi,

Before we proceed I would require some more information to assist you better.

• Do you face this issue only with Gears of War or all the games?

• Have you tried downloading any other game or app from Windows store?

• Are you getting any error message while downloading the game?
    As a work around, I would suggest you to run Windows store app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 31, 2019
  3. rdash26 Win User
    Problem Downloading large games and apps from the windows store

I have a stable Unlimited 4g LTE data plan on T-Mobile I have there T-Mobile one plan. There are no speed caps on my data. That being said why can't I download apps the require Wi-Fi only if I have a Unlimited 4g LTE data plan. In the previous windows
    10 update I was able to download these games and apps that require Wi-Fi on my 4g LTE data. Now I can't. I also have in data limit settings set to unlimited data. I would like to request if you can have a feature to override this Wi-Fi only setting on large
    downloads in the windows store on mobile. I am on the official release of the windows 10 mobile creators update on my Alcatel Idol 4s. Please fix I would like to be able to download large games and apps on my unlimited data plan please. I can download other
    apps from the windows store that are not large but cant download large games and apps please add a feature to override Wi-Fi required for the people that have unlimited data plans on Windows 10 Mobile creators update. And please don't respond to me that I
    need a internet connection when I am clearly connected to the internet over Unlimited 4G LTE data on T-Mobile One plan. Like I said I can download apps that are smaller in size this just happens on larger apps and games where it asks me to connect to Wi-Fi.

rdash26, Aug 31, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with downloading large games from Windows 10 App Store - Similar Threads - Problems downloading large

2. Problem downloading a game from the store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem downloading a game from the store: I bought and tried to download Gears of War Ultimate Edition from the Microsoft store, but while it was downloading, my laptop shut down because it was not connected to power.I went back to the store, the partially complete download has disappeared and when I try to download...
  3. downloading an app from the Windows Store problem

downloading an app from the Windows Store problem: When I select an app to download at the Windows Store by clicking the GET button, a window appears briefly and immediately disappears. I think it's a login screen which is consistent with another login problem I am having: When I go to my Win 10 Pro SETTINGSACCOUNTS and click...
  4. download problems with a large game on the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    download problems with a large game on the microsoft store: i was in the middle of a download for a game from the Microsoft store when I turned off my computer. when I came back on, it was not downloading and it was not in my library. when i search up the game it says i have not downloaded it. when i try to redownload it says that i...
  5. Problem with downloading games from Microsoft Store

Problem with downloading games from Microsoft Store: I use two Microsoft account. I downloaded apps using the first account. But I cannot download games using the second account. I tried to clear Microsoft Store cache - it didn’t help...
  6. Windows Store - Large Downloads

Windows Store - Large Downloads: This likely doesn't apply to the majority of users and would only be an issue for people with slower internet speeds. To summarize, I began downloadingSea of Thieves yesterday - allowing the download to run overnight. After approximately 8-10 hours I had downloaded around 30...
  7. Problems downloading games from the Microsoft Store

Problems downloading games from the Microsoft Store: When I restored my PC to factory settings recently, I tried to reinstall a game from the Microsoft store, but I still receive 'no devices found'. I tried adding a device but nothing works Help...
  8. Download app from the store problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download app from the store problem: updates all my app, notice one problem that not work to let me download the app, the name is Intel media SDK up from the store. Try fix and not work in 10 windows. 133326
  9. Download app from the store problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Download app from the store problem: updates all my app, notice one problem that not work to let me download the app, the name is Intel media SDK up from the store. Try fix and not work in 10 windows. 133326
  10. Problem downloading apps from the store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem downloading apps from the store: Hey guys, I just attempted to download Instagram from the Windows app store, but when its about to start downloading, I get this. I am running the Anniversary Edition of W10 and I just installed the latest updates, but I can't get it to work... can you please help me? I...