Windows 10: Problems with Edge after latest update?

Discus and support Problems with Edge after latest update? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Updated to the latest 10 update last night and Edge is almost unuseable. Takes about 5-10 minutes for the computer (esp Edge) to unfreeze and start... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BRKING, Nov 25, 2015.

1. BRKING Win User

Problems with Edge after latest update?

Updated to the latest 10 update last night and Edge is almost unuseable. Takes about 5-10 minutes for the computer (esp Edge) to unfreeze and start playing nice. Anyone else having this issue?

:)

BRKING, Nov 25, 2015

2. Edge problem after the latest update

I have posted all the steps. Please go through and if you are stuck somewhere, please ask.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 25, 2015
  3. Edge problem after the latest update

A. What is your computer's make and model?

B. What is the Windows version and build? (To check this, type winver in Windows Start Search box and click winver)

C. Did this problem start after any Windows update (To check Windows updates, Windows Key+I > Update & security > View Installed update history)

D. What troubleshooting steps have you already undertaken?

E for Excel, Nov 25, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

I just reinstalled windows on my PC and after the upgrade to 10586 I'm having no issues with Edge.

BunnyJ, Nov 25, 2015
  5. BRKING Win User
    was that the "reset this PC" option?

BRKING, Nov 25, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    I did a clean instillation of 10240 and then let windows update perform the upgrade to 10586.

BunnyJ, Nov 25, 2015
  7. Edwin New Member
    Edge works well in Build 10586.14 but not the way I want! *Wink

- 3 clicks to copy a URL!???
    - 2 clicks to bring mouse focus back to Edge!
    - 2 clicks for Settings Menu to close and bring focus back to the web page!?
    - tab previews cover the command bar and favorites bar, (annoying!)
    - and 'doggonit', YouTube still pauses when Edge is minimized to the taskbar!!!
    (YouTube is the best thing about Edge-videos render exceptionally well!)

Edwin, Nov 25, 2015
  8. BRKING Win User

not sure what that means

BRKING, Nov 25, 2015
  9. BRKING Win User
    what I enjoy is getting a alert that I have a new W10 update......for IE

I don't use IE anyone. I thought Edge was the new browser of the future. Why are you pushing a update to a browser that I don't use and can't delete from my computer. I just don't understand why MS keeps doing things like this.

BRKING, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with Edge after latest update? - Similar Threads - Problems Edge latest

2. Problem After Latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem After Latest Update: After the latest Windows 10 update, I cannot now open/load LDPlayer Android emulator. I've tried other Android emulators and they all fail. Windows restarts after showing a WHEA stopcode. Can you help or is the problem known and being fixed? Thanks...
  3. Printer Problems after Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Problems after Latest Update: On 1/13/2021, I got a message that I needed to restart my computer after updates KB4535680 & KB4598229 were automatically downloaded. Today I tried to print something & discovered that the Canon printer was no longer listed & the HP Envy printer stopped printing in color....
  4. Problem after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after latest update: Hello, I get a weird problem after the latest update: the taskbar keeps flashing and the desktop icons never load. I can't open the start menu or do anything other than Ctrl-Alt-Del. I tried using a recovery point, uninstalling qualtiy updates feature updates can't be...
  5. Problems after latest updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems after latest updates: After updating to the newest version of Windows, the pop up screens are transparent rather than being greyed out. This happens with the screen that displays the apps and power options when the windows icon is clicked to display my apps, or to select setting, power, etc. It is...
  6. Problems after the latest Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after the latest Update: I've been having a bunch of problems happening since the last Update: Starting with stutters when playing or just using an app like chrome, watching videos etc. the entire pc in random moments for like 3 seconds, everything looks like i have 3Fps, what makes it very...
  7. dphwinfre as a latest search in edge after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dphwinfre as a latest search in edge after an update: I updated my pc like a month ago, after the update my wallpaper dissapeared and it gave me some random orange prenistalled wallpaper. Also i had microsoft edge pinned to my toolbar or how is it called (the thing with time, start etc.). I also had “dhpwinfre” as my latest...
  8. Microsoft Edge latest update causing problem

Microsoft Edge latest update causing problem: Ever since latest update around April 20th 2020, I am unable to upload photos into facebook albums. I am able to in Chrome fine, but not Edge since the update. When I click the file/photo to add it just does nothing.. it used to load the files with an option to post when...
  9. problem after latest Windows update.

problem after latest Windows update.: I installed the latest Windows Update today 20th March 2020. It messed up my YouTube, in that it took the videos anything from several seconds to over a minute to start. When they did, there was no sound. I followed the "Restart your computer" advice four yes, FOUR times, to...
  10. Problem with printer after the latest update

Problem with printer after the latest update: The last Windows 10 update (1903) resulted in my printer stopped working and I cannot manage it via Printers anymore . The Manage button comes to nothing. Is it an update bug?...