Windows 10: Problems with Edge (new) getting worse

Discus and support Problems with Edge (new) getting worse in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am having problems with Edge, which seem to be getting worse. I often get 'Page is not responding'. Yesterday, as soon as Edge opened and with no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clayto, May 10, 2020.

1. clayto Win User

Problems with Edge (new) getting worse

I am having problems with Edge, which seem to be getting worse. I often get
    'Page is not responding'. Yesterday, as soon as Edge opened and with no other apps running I got this: 'Not enough memory to open this page. Try closing other tabs'. No other tabs were in use. I have had 'Error status: Breakpoint'.

And I thought Edge is supposed to be light on resources. What is going on?

:)

clayto, May 10, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 10, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    problem with Microsoft Edge and Bluetooth

Hi David,

Let's get these issues sorted. Regarding your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you use a new InPrivate window and check if you will experience connection issues. To open a new InPrivate window, follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click New InPrivate window.

If the issue with Edge persists, we would like to know the following information to help us further isolate the cause of this issue:

• Do you experience connection issues on a specific website?
    • Do you receive any error message in Edge? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?
    • Aside from System Restore, what other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

Regarding your issue with being unable to use Bluetooth on your PC, we recommend that you
    run the hardware troubleshooter and check if it will resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, let's check Device Manager to make sure you have the latest Bluetooth drivers installed. To check, follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
    • Expand Bluetooth in Device Manager
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth radio, then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

Let us know the results of these troubleshooting steps for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 10, 2020
  4. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with Edge (new) getting worse - Similar Threads - Problems Edge getting

2. update getting worse 0x80240034

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update getting worse 0x80240034: Last update didnt work and I have error 0x80240034. Run troubleshooter didnt help at all and didnt fix anything. Restart the PC multiple times and it seems that it still not working since I keep getting that error. How to win with this error and I need my PC updated. I run...
  3. update getting worse 0x80240034

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update getting worse 0x80240034: Last update didnt work and I have error 0x80240034. Run troubleshooter didnt help at all and didnt fix anything. Restart the PC multiple times and it seems that it still not working since I keep getting that error. How to win with this error and I need my PC updated. I run...
  4. update getting worse 0x80240034

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?: How i see it..Over time, to me it seems Windows os has become less and less of an operating system and progressively more into just a bundled collection of many things that you dont really need, never wanted and are stuck with clogging up your system adding additional...
  6. Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol: Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-true-that-windows-getting-worse-and-worse/021ce365-52b9-4239-a05a-ca1ac587fb82
  7. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse: Over the last several months up to possibly a year, my PC’s wi-fi connection has steadily gotten worse and worse. I went from having a fairly stable connection just about every session to not being able to connect to the Internet without having to restart or turn off and then...
  8. Windows laptop getting worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows laptop getting worse: On my friends girlfriends laptop (some surface laptop) I was doing homebrew stuff for his wii. Everything was fine until the next day they told me the main drive had a padlock with a yellow triangle. It progressed to the desktop missing to not being able to boot the os. What...
  9. PC Getting progressively worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Getting progressively worse: Problems with my PC was tolerable at first, but now has become progressively worse without any causation that is noticeable. Before programs just freeze it either crashes or become non-responsible where nothing is interactable but "Not Responding message" but now, many...
  10. New Edge Settings Problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    New Edge Settings Problems: i have two concerns on the new edge for windows 10 my text wont format to what i checked and my homepage isnt opening up with myyahoo but msn how do i fix both. ty....