Windows 10: Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers

Discus and support Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, first post here. Unfortunately it's from my phone. Today I started my computer and noticed it wasn't connected to the internet, although... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DiMAmia-88, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers

Hey everyone, first post here. Unfortunately it's from my phone. Today I started my computer and noticed it wasn't connected to the internet, although multiple other devises in my home were working fine. It seems to be a problem with the Ethernet port (Intel i218-v) on my motherboard. I've reinstalled the drivers successfully but it's still giving me the same errors. When I troubleshoot it says 'the Intel Ethernet connection is experiencing driver or hardware related problems.' Under device manager it says 'this device cannot start. (Code 10)'. And this is after I've successfully uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. Looking at the event viewer, after startup today I got the following events:

Event ID 6008 'the previous shutdown was unexpected'

Event ID 29 'windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4

Event ID 41 'the system rebooted without cleanly shutting down first'

Event ID 1101 'Audit events have been dropped'

Event ID 24 'Unable to start the network adapter'

So this is weird to me because I wasn't aware that my computer had shut down. And it all happened within the same minute, ending on the network adapter' being unable to start. There are more events after that, I assumed they have to do with my troubleshooting, I can provide their IDs if need.

I've spent hours on this, read a lot of posts, successfully reinstalled the drivers, but no luck. I'm starting to think it's hardware failure, but I'd rather be sure before replacing anything. If anyone can help or lead me in the right direction I would be massively appreciative. Apologies for any formatting or spelling mistakes, I'm stuck using my phone.

submitted by /u/DiMAmia-88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DiMAmia-88, Nov 4, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Network & Internet Status says Not Connected yet Ethernet is Connected!!

Hi,

If updating your PC was the only change made prior to the issue, then we suggest that you download the latest network adapter from the manufacturer's website. An outdated or incompatible network adapter driver can cause connection problems.

Before doing so, let's first try to diagnose and fix common connection problems using the Network troubleshooter. To run the Network troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that resolves the problem.

If the troubleshooter can't identify the problem, proceed with updating the network adapter driver. If the issue persists, try to install the driver in compatibility mode. You may refer to the steps below:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

Aileen Alf, Nov 4, 2019
  4. MarcoArik Win User

Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers

1. Problems with Ethernet connection and drivers - Similar Threads - Problems Ethernet connection

2. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  3. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  4. Problems connecting to the ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems connecting to the ethernet: up until now everything was working fine but then suddenly windows stopped identifying my ethernet cable i tried restarting and whatever steps the bot asked me to follow but none of them worked. my internet is working fine for the rest of the devices its only my pc where it...
  5. Ethernet connection problems

Ethernet connection problems: For the last few weeks, I've experienced connectivity issues with my ethernet connection to the internet. At random times the connection drops and it says I have no ethernet cable plugged in. Which isn't true. Sometimes I have a connection for sereval hours and sometimes it...
  6. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem: Ive recently reconnected my PC again, using the same power cables and lan cables. As well as a usb Ethernet extension adapter but my windows keeps telling me there’s not a valid IP address. I’ve restarted the router and computer but nothing seems to work. I don’t know what to...
  7. Ethernet driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet driver problem: Hello, I have a problem with the Internet, more precisely with the Ethernet driver after installing a firewall Zone Alarm. Once I uninstalled my computer started laugging and erasing all Zone Alarm firewall drivers I did not have internet, how can I solve this problem, thank...
  8. Ethernet Connectivity Problems

Ethernet Connectivity Problems: I recently purchased a new gaming pc with windows 10. Im working with an asus hero motherboard with wifi. When i first got the pc it would randomly drop my ethernet connection and say it was not connected when the cord was plugged in. Recently i got a replacement motherboard...
  9. Ethernet connection problems...

Ethernet connection problems...: Hello, I've recently changed my broadband provider, and have gone from using powerline adaptors to CAT 6 wired from my PC into my router, however my PC still thinks the ethernet connection is a TP-Link powerline connection, I was wondering how to change this? As I've also...
  10. Problems with Ethernet Connection.

Problems with Ethernet Connection.: Hi this is my first forum post and i desperately need help. I apologise in advance if i do not post all the information needed regarding my problem to seek out a resolution. I have owned my PC for almost two years and it has acted up in the past before. At first i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 24 ethernet connection unable to start the network adapter