Windows 10: Problems with excel over network share

Discus and support Problems with excel over network share in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi folks. In my office, we are having problems with office files in general, when working on a FileShare server. When opening a file it takes a lot to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tiagozone, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Problems with excel over network share

Hi folks. In my office, we are having problems with office files in general, when working on a FileShare server.

When opening a file it takes a lot to open, and sometimes it crashes. Also the explorer when navigating the FileShare, it crashes too.

It started happening like 1 week ago.

Does anyone has had similar problems and know the solution.??

Thx, Tiago.

submitted by /u/tiagozone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tiagozone, Jan 31, 2020
  2. kevthu Win User

Excel files only open/save slow on network share

• Opening any Excel file, even an empty Excel file from any network share located on any machine on this domain network results in slow performance. When opening a file, Excel will state: "Downloading: <path name>", then will say "Processing...", then will
      say "Opening: <path name>", then will say "Processing...", and then finally opens. Once open the file performs normally.
    • The Save process is equally slow for any Excel file saving to a Network Share
    • Opening these same files locally on any machine is fast.
    • Opening any other file type on these shares is fast, including Word, pdf, jpg, etc. of much larger size than the Excel files.
    • The slow performance is seen on all machines on the network.
    It seems like this would be a network issue but I'm not sure where to start. Again it only affects Excel files, nothing else. But it affects all Excel files.

Some machines here are Windows 7 running Office 2010, but the same slow behavior is seen on Windows 10 machines running Office 365.

kevthu, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Network Sharing Password Problems

Hi William,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Network Troubleshooter and check, if this helps.

• In the search box, type ‘Troubleshooter’, and then click ‘Troubleshooting’.
    • Under ‘Network and Internet’, click ‘Internet Connections
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 2: Update Network Adapter.

• Right click on Start button, type Device Manager and Enter.

• Now click on your Network Adapter.

• Right click and click on Properties, and go to Driver tab and click on
      Update driver.
    Also, refer: Wired and wireless network problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/...2&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: Applies to windows 10 as well.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Problems with excel over network share

Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Problems with excel over network share

1. Problems with excel over network share - Similar Threads - Problems excel network

2. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  3. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Share Folders over network: How do I prevent two or more persons to open the same file simultaneously on a share folder between computers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-folders-over-network/ec7229cb-8df6-4c92-ba1b-ff860c0fecfe
  4. Share Folders over network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password protected sharing over Network sharing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password protected sharing over Network sharing: How can we turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing,thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-protected-sharing-over-network-sharing/635517ef-5d29-4e18-80f5-43c8896e6ac9"
  6. Problems sharing files over network

Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  7. Problems sharing files over network

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  8. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...
  9. Cant share folders over network

Cant share folders over network: I tried everything. Eevrything has been messed up since homegroup was removed. I want to share a folder to a computer on the same network as me but a) the share tab is grayed out so i cant select to share, and b) their computer doesnt even show up event though BOTH of our...
  10. Unable to share files over Network

Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...