Windows 10: problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber

Discus and support problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi i created some microsoft accounts for my family and put them under my account as a family. It works fine for the oldest of my son read S1 and my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KennethPold, Jan 21, 2021.

1. problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber

Hi i created some microsoft accounts for my family and put them under my account as a family. It works fine for the oldest of my son read S1 and my wife. Now my other son S2 got a computer and i created a microsoft account for him to he wants to plat minecraft.

But something went wrong when i tried to add him to my family account.

When we log into his account it says his i under my account or least i think so. it sats my name but no email address or anything else to confirm it.

But when i log on to my account i cant see him only my other son and wife. if i try to send him a invite he cant accept it because the system says he is already under me. But his isnt and i can get him to unjoin my account and try one more time.

So what do i do the get my youngest son under my family account. Hope someone can help me.

thx.

:)

KennethPold, Jan 21, 2021

2. cant add family menber

Hello Hari,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern about the issue and will help you out.

I would require more information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Which editions of Windows did you earlier?

• Are you trying to create family account for the 1st time or you have created earlier?

• Please provide screenshot of the issue for better understanding.

Post us back with a screen shot to help us understand more about the issue. We’ll be glad to assist you further. Refer
    How to include a screenshot in your post
    - Microsoft Community

Be informed that you can add a family member online. Follow the below steps to do so.

To add a family member, follow these steps:

• Click on ‘Add a child’ if you want to add a child or else choose ‘Add another adult first instead’.

• You will be asked enter to Microsoft account of the member you want to add under ‘Enter the adult’s email to invite them to the family.

• Click Send invite.

• Once the invite is sent, an acknowledgement screen that states "Invitation sent to their email”. When they accept your invite, they'll join your family."

Hope it helps. Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Pushyanth K S, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Family Safety not working on my son's account

I have checked, rechecked, reset, turned off, turned on the settings and set up the family multiple times before I even asked my question. I removed my son's account and added it again, and it did nothing.

loonybin41, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Micah Bat Win User

problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber

Child's account history not showing up in Microsoft Family Safety

Just to confirm, have you tried using a different browser and check if the issue persists? Since doing the steps provided on the link didn't help you resolve your concern, we would suggest you to recreate your son's account on the Alienware computer. To
    do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other
      users
    • Click Sign in with
      a local account instead
      (to convert her account to a local account).
    • After doing so, delete the local account. To delete a local account, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Go to Settings.
      • Click Accounts.
      • Click Family and other
        users
      • Click the local account and then, click Remove.
      • A new window will open, click Delete account and data.
    • After deleting the local account, re-link the Microsoft account of your son as a user, then add it to your family.

For more information on how to add a child account to your family, kindly click
    this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber

1. problems with family accounts says my son is already a menber - Similar Threads - problems family accounts

2. Cannot add money to my Son's family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add money to my Son's family account: I get the following error Teg8lgZR60GlYvXW.9.446 2024/02/23 - 13:48:30 UTC when trying to add money to my son's family account. How do I solve this?...
  3. Remove my son from family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove my son from family account: Hi, I have been in contact with the microsoft support who directed me here. My support cas nr is 1055412827, hopefylly you get all details from there. What I need your helt with is to remove Joar from one of my familygroups i have somehow two microsoft accounts so that you...
  4. Remove my son from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove my son from family account: Hi, I have been in contact with the microsoft support who directed me here. My support cas nr is 1055412827, hopefylly you get all details from there. What I need your helt with is to remove Joar from one of my familygroups i have somehow two microsoft accounts so that you...
  5. Remove my son from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family

My son's account cannot be added to Microsoft family: Hi,I have created an account for my son when I bought him an XBOX. I have purchased games under my account and allowed him to play under his account as a child. Recently I bought him a laptop which runs Windows 11 and use the same account to login.His account was ok for few...
  7. Problem adding my son to my family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem adding my son to my family group: Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an invitation to his Outlook account to join my family group. When he tries joining the family group using the link in the...
  8. Problem adding my son to my family group

Problem adding my son to my family group: Hi,I want to set up my son on Minecraft and am facing a problem with adding him to my family group in order to manage permissions. I have sent an invitation to his Outlook account to join my family group. When he tries joining the family group using the link in the...
  9. Problem adding my son to my family group

10. Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account

Microsoft Family - not possible to install third application with menber account: Hi, I create a family group with microsoft family. All access are OK. ON my son PC, I delete the administrator account. There is only the member account. However when he want to install a new application, a windows appears saying to became "Super adminstrator" [ATTACH]...