Windows 10: Problems with firewall settings/alerts

Discus and support Problems with firewall settings/alerts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just recently I've started getting alerts about "network firewall". I have NIS and always check and it's always running. Finally, I went to security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rosawoodsii, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Problems with firewall settings/alerts

Just recently I've started getting alerts about "network firewall". I have NIS and always check and it's always running. Finally, I went to security settings in control panel, checked the settings there, and it reports NIS as being turned off, so I turned it on from there. Still says turned off. Five tries, still says turned off, even though it's on. I turned the alerts off, but have to wonder why I'm getting them to begin with. Anyone know?

:)

rosawoodsii, Feb 20, 2017

2. Windows Firewall Alerts Problem

Thank you for getting back to us.

To resolve the issue, please refer to fivestarstunna's instructions on this

link

Update us with the results.

Devlin Sco, Feb 20, 2017
  3. Windows Firewall Alerts Problem

The issue is still going on.

Mr2tired2care, Feb 20, 2017
  4. Problems with firewall settings/alerts

Hi Joy

When Norton gets cranky I use their removal tool to completely remove it and then I re-install. Please create a restore point.

Also ensure you either have your key or you know your user id and password to get a fresh download.

Uninstall and Reinstall Norton product using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool

Any chance did a new tool slipped in with say a flash player update? Something from McAfee?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 20, 2017
  5. Thanks. I'll give that a try. No new tools or sneaky downloads that I know of. I'm pretty vigilant about downloads.

rosawoodsii, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems with firewall settings/alerts

1. Problems with firewall settings/alerts - Similar Threads - Problems firewall settings

2. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows firewall alert!: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-firewall-alert/91965767-fff2-49fd-aae6-a6d90e2c124d
  3. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Windows firewall alert!: Microsoft Windows Firewall Alert! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-firewall-alert/91965767-fff2-49fd-aae6-a6d90e2c124d
  4. Microsoft Windows firewall alert!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I have a problem with my firewall settings!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have a problem with my firewall settings!: Hi, I cannot change my firewall settings at all! It seems like somebody blocked my firewall settings so, I cannot change them. I need to allow one very important software to run on my computer as I'm working on it, but I cannot change my firewall settings as it's blocked...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Firewall Security Alert: I got a Windows Security Alert Saying Windows Defender Firewallhas blocked some features of Google Chrome on all public private networks. Name: Google Chrome Says: This app has already been blocked or unblocked for a different network type. Allow Google Chrome to...
  7. firewall settings

firewall settings: I want to know how I can allow "coreldraw2017 whats the font" to be used on my desktop, it is being blocked by my firewall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-settings/af29a469-3dbb-4fe3-bf7c-4a820edeabb3"
  8. Firewall Problem

Firewall Problem: Hello- Looking for help to turn on our firewall (also not sure how or when it was turned off). We get a message that security and maintenance cannot turn on firewall. Error code is: 0x8007045b Additional Error code is: 0x45b and reads "a system shutdown is in process"...
  9. firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied

firewall alerts even with advanced rules applied: I use Windows Firewall with advanced rules applied (such as remote desktop & ftp server ports, etc.). I am getting daily notifications that my firewall "is in an unsafe configuration and is being managed by your system administrator", but when I open WF with Advanced Security...
  10. Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection

Windows Firewall doesn't alert on inbound connection: Hi all, many years I use 3rd part firewall software but now I am back to Windows Firewall. When there is an inbound connection (a server that receive a connection from outside) Windows Firewall should notify and altert the user to accept (and make the rule) or decline...