Windows 10: Problems with FS2002; SF9; and FSX

Discus and support Problems with FS2002; SF9; and FSX in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know that this is a bit unusual, however all three of FS programs are in need of fixing. I have a HP Desktop with WIN10 installed. #1 FS2002. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JamesLehman1, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Problems with FS2002; SF9; and FSX

I know that this is a bit unusual, however all three of FS programs are in need of fixing. I have a HP Desktop with WIN10 installed. #1 FS2002. This program will download completely, however the area where all of the aircraft should show up is BLACK. #2 FS9. This program also downloads into D: the other two go into C:. When I attempt to start the program is just disappears. #3 FSX will download to about 95% and quits. Up comes a notice that errors no.****prevent the program to complete the process and tells me to close it. I know that this is a bit cryptic but I have tried everything to correct these problems. If you can help it would be appreciated. Jim

:)

JamesLehman1, Dec 30, 2019
  2. candle_86 Win User

Fs2002

Well i just installed FS2002 and it artifacts which is really really werid.

Crysis, CSS, COD2, and STALKER dont artifact just FS2002 which is DX7 based. Im using 169 drivers, any clue as to why it artifacts but nothing else does, also ran ATI tool artifact tester over night no reported artifacts.

candle_86, Dec 30, 2019
  3. FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 30, 2019
  4. ou toppie Win User

Problems with FS2002; SF9; and FSX

windows 10 graphics and fsx

Good day All
    first post so I hope it is in the correct place.
    I upgraded from W7 to W10 and the only problem I had with fsx was that my 2nd monitor(acer AL1715) will only show the right hand half of the screen when I drag a screenshot from the No1 monitor(Samsung syncmaster p2350).
    When NOT in fsx the 2nd monitor shows full screen if I drag from No1 screen.
    Seems like it is a compatibility problem if it will work ok when not in fsx.
    I know the acer is old monitor but W10 must have accepted the old driver for this if it shows ok when not in fsx.
    I have asked this question in the FS forums but no suggestions.
    can anyone help please
    I thanks
    Mike

ou toppie, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Problems with FS2002; SF9; and FSX

1. Problems with FS2002; SF9; and FSX - Similar Threads - Problems FS2002 SF9

2. FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems: Hi everybody, I'm trying to install FSX on my PC . The installation finished without any issue. But , when I try to lunch the game, a message error appears telling me that msxml 4.0 sp 2 is not found and that I have to reinstall the game. However, msxml 4.0sp2 is already...
  3. FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX msxml 4.0 SP2 problems: Hi everybody, I'm trying to install FSX on my PC . The installation finished without any issue. But , when I try to lunch the game, a message error appears telling me that msxml 4.0 sp 2 is not found and that I have to reinstall the game. However, msxml 4.0sp2 is already...
  4. Fsx Gold registration problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fsx Gold registration problems: I have a problem that has been well documented but i have been unable to cure following the Regedit and other fixes. Having de installed and the reinstalled Acceleration and completed a flight and then rebooted it is still asking for me to register each time at start up and...
  5. Problems with FS2002;SF9; &FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with FS2002;SF9; &FSX: Jim Lehman here again I just posted a question concerning this topic. After I submitted it I accidentally hit the REPLY button and got my question back. I still need help, please. JamesLehman1...
  6. FSX problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX problem: Why my aircraft always turn right by it self? no auto pilot. i think is was my joystick issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fsx-problem/a44eaa09-0add-4cbd-b3fc-a9801f1e78b5
  7. FSX problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    FSX problems: Hello I have been having problems with my FSX for a while now and it seemed to be occurring after I had installed some add on aircraft as well as woai for real world airlines. I thought that by uninstalling and reinstalling the game that it would help to fix the issues....
  8. Problem with loading FSX

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with loading FSX: Just got my brand new Alienware X51 and I'm having trouble loading FSX. I keep getting hung up at the point where it's "removing Apps". It will not progress beyond that point. Got any recommendations on loading on this machine? MYBeachBum...
  9. FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX: I am unable to register FSX or the Expansion what can i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/fsx/f4d2ee73-b82a-42e8-b6ce-7ee61cafdc0c
  10. FSX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX: Hello. I have the FSX Gold Edition with the 3 discs. Disc 1, Disc 2 and Acceleration Pack. I have both product keys however I have misplaced disc 1 and my new computer has no disc drive. I was wondering if there was anything i could do to install it on my new computer....