Windows 10: problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

Discus and support problems with FSX since update to W10 latest in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My FSX Gold edition was workign fine but since the last Windows update it would not launch any more. Double click on the icon and nothing happens. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by peteramd, Jul 28, 2019.

1. peteramd Win User

problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

My FSX Gold edition was workign fine but since the last Windows update it would not launch any more. Double click on the icon and nothing happens.

I tried uninstalling but now it won't re-install any more. I get the screen asking if I want to repair or remove and nothing I tried would let me get the normal install screen. I tried IoBit Uninstaller Pro but that didn't help. If I chose the repair option it sterts then stops with the message "this only works for installed products". Any specific tool that would really hunt for all pieces of the software and remove them? Or something else I should try?

Thanks for any help.

:)

peteramd, Jul 28, 2019
  2. ou toppie Win User

windows 10 graphics and fsx

Good day All
    first post so I hope it is in the correct place.
    I upgraded from W7 to W10 and the only problem I had with fsx was that my 2nd monitor(acer AL1715) will only show the right hand half of the screen when I drag a screenshot from the No1 monitor(Samsung syncmaster p2350).
    When NOT in fsx the 2nd monitor shows full screen if I drag from No1 screen.
    Seems like it is a compatibility problem if it will work ok when not in fsx.
    I know the acer is old monitor but W10 must have accepted the old driver for this if it shows ok when not in fsx.
    I have asked this question in the FS forums but no suggestions.
    can anyone help please
    I thanks
    Mike

ou toppie, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    W10 1703 Update deleted FSX

Hi,

Compatibility issue or outdated application may be the possible reason why your FSX game was deleted. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Does your Microsoft Flight Simulator X game updated?
    • Does this happen only with your FSX game or with other apps also?
    • Have you tried reinstalling FSX?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Jul 28, 2019
  4. problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

FSX Opening Fault

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the launching of the FSX. To have clarity on the issue we would like to know, if you have tried any troubleshooting steps.

We would like to inform you that Flight Simulator X is not compatible in Windows 10. However, we would suggest you to try these steps and check if you get the error.

1. Completely uninstall FSX.
    2. Remove all files that are in
      C:\Program Files.

3. Reboot the machine and disable any
      security software or firewalls for the period of the install and activation.
    4. Install FSX in
      compatibility
      mode.
    5. Activate FSX from first startup.
    6. Reboot the PC and check.

If the above steps did not fix the issue, then follow these steps after installing the FSX in compatibility mode:

1. Press Windows + R key from the keyboard and type
      regedit.
    2. Expand the following registry key:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    3. After you find the folder, double-click
      Upperfilters on the right side.
    4. Delete all other values except
      PartMgr.
    5. Close Registry Editor.
    6. Start FSX you should get the registration wizard.
    7. Activate and reboot the system to check the issue.

As an additional information, you can refer Solve
    problems with activation issues for Microsoft games and mapping programs
    article, if this helps you to troubleshoot.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

problems with FSX since update to W10 latest

1. problems with FSX since update to W10 latest - Similar Threads - problems FSX since

2. I have connectivity problems since the latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have connectivity problems since the latest update: Hello guys, I need your help! I've patched my Windows version today and since that, my internet is struggling in terms of connectivity. For example I can open and browse through Google without any problems, but when I click on a link which should redirect me to an external...
  3. Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since latest update, problems with logon, language, and mode: Logon: instead of place to enter pin, have to tap on airplane, but no cursor; keeps changing from airplane mode to wifi, against my wishes; ditto English-switches to DVR?. Any suggestions? All of these are constant, time-consuming, irritating problems--especially when I've...
  4. Password problems since latest windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password problems since latest windows update: I am having multiple problems with all my applications, emails - Gmail - outlook, Sage, Browsers just everything I use, since the latest Windows update. All passwords and IDs have been lost, not only that but every time on start up the same thing and on Cloud drive it says...
  5. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  6. Bluetooth problems since latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems since latest update: I use some Philips bluetooth headphones which I never had any problems with until the last windows update. Since that update each time I want to use the headphones I normally have to update my Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 drivers.I am using Windows 10 Home Has...
  7. Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Paint cursor since the latest update: Since the Windows 10 update, I cannot get a horizontal arrow on small selections. Is there a work around or any chance Microsoft will fix it? I used to be able to make very precise adjustments but now, even though there are handles all around a small selection, only the...
  8. FSX problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX problem: Why my aircraft always turn right by it self? no auto pilot. i think is was my joystick issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fsx-problem/a44eaa09-0add-4cbd-b3fc-a9801f1e78b5
  9. FSX problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    FSX problems: Hello I have been having problems with my FSX for a while now and it seemed to be occurring after I had installed some add on aircraft as well as woai for real world airlines. I thought that by uninstalling and reinstalling the game that it would help to fix the issues....
  10. Problems since W10 Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since W10 Install: Since the W10 upgrade I have experienced problems. Firstly in any browser I am unable to use Ctrl c, Ctrl v or any other command that starts with Ctrl. When I press Ctrl the browser immediately zooms to maximum size and I am unable to reduce the magnification at all....