Windows 10: Problems with full screen games!

Discus and support Problems with full screen games! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My son has a PC & whenever he plays full screen games. A noise comes from his tower like a high pitched static noise & flickering lines appear on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gmunday, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Gmunday Win User

Problems with full screen games!

My son has a PC & whenever he plays full screen games. A noise comes from his tower like a high pitched static noise & flickering lines appear on the screen. As soon as he minimises the game, it stops.

He has a Q9300 CPU, 4gig DDR3 & a HD6770 GPU.

Any suggestions to what it might be or how I could find out?

:)

Gmunday, Oct 22, 2016

2. window 10 gaming issue

why window 10 does not support to play game on full screen mode ...i want to play resident evil 4 ..and need for speed games but its not support full screen gaming mode ... im gona try to set full scaling but problem cant solve.. game are always
    not support to play full screen mode

sujeetLastsingh, Oct 22, 2016
  3. full screen problem in gaming

Hello Ganesh,

It's unfortunate that you are facing issues with the display in Windows 10. We'll certainly assist you with this.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Is the issue particular to that game or other games also?
    This issue could occur if the your playing a game at a different resolution than the desktop resolution.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I suggest you to check the resolution of the game as well as the resolution with in the computer and see if you are able to play the games in full screen.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the below link to troubleshoot the issues related to DirectX graphics and gaming on Windows 10.

DirectX Graphics and Gaming

Also,

Troubleshoot games

You can install Windows 8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode from Manufacturer's website, if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the
      Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.
    Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 22, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Is it Full Screen or Maximized? They are different. Sounds to me like the video adapter is being overworked or maybe it is loose in its slot, probably the PCIe X16. Could be the fan on the card is the issue?

Berton, Oct 22, 2016
  5. Neemobeer Win User
    I would also lean towards graphics card or PSU. You can try removing the graphics card and play on the built-in graphics card to test. If the noise goes away remove the graphics card.

Neemobeer, Oct 22, 2016
  6. Gmunday Win User
    It has on-board graphics. So I will load it up & test it & get back with the results. However I don't think it could be the PSU as its a new 600w barely 6 months old & it was originally used with a HD4870 which is far more power hungry than his current card.

Will update when I've resolved it!

Gmunday, Oct 24, 2016
  7. Gmunday Win User
    Update. It appears to be the graphics card. I removed it & no noise although slower using onboard graphics. I left the card in while testing. Just switched primary video adaptor & its definitely the GPU.

Not a happy bunny as they are 2 graphics card HD 6770's sold as a pair on eBay as working & they both do the exact same thing. So will be opening a case with paypal.

I believe these have been overclocked or allowed to overheat to cause such damage?

Gmunday, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Problems with full screen games! - Similar Threads - Problems full screen

2. Games Crashing In Full Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing In Full Screen: I haven't had issues with my computer running games with full-screen mode in the past but within the last two weeks every game I play has crashed on my computer. I then decided to open up my computer and clean it, restart, and encountered the same issue. This time, I factory...
  3. Games Crashing In Full Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Crashing In Full Screen: I haven't had issues with my computer running games with full-screen mode in the past but within the last two weeks every game I play has crashed on my computer. I then decided to open up my computer and clean it, restart, and encountered the same issue. This time, I factory...
  4. Problems getting full screen??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems getting full screen??: I have 3 "games", Chainz Relinked, Mahjong Fortuna and an advent calendar and none will maximise to full screen. Have recently had to install MediaCreation Tool 21H2 on Microsoft advice which is when this problem started. Any ideas??...
  5. Gaming and Full Screen Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming and Full Screen Applications: Hi, when I open an application such as a game doesn't matter what game it opens the game but it takes me to my desktop. After this, I have to repeatedly click the application on the taskbar for me to play. This also happens every time I exit via alt-tab. Also when I...
  6. Full screen problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screen problem: I have a dual monitor set-up, and whenever I play a game in full screen like Minecraft, and I click on the other monitor, the game will minimise, is that from windows or from the setting of the game? submitted by /u/Khaled_Mechatronics [link] [comments]...
  7. WINDOWS 10 FULL SCREEN PROBLEM GAMES

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 FULL SCREEN PROBLEM GAMES: Hi, my problem is that when I try to put a game in full screen, the screen turns black and starts to flash after the image and then it turns black again, the drivers are all updated, try solutions that are already published but I don't have solution, I hope a satisfactory...
  8. Full Screen Games!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full Screen Games!: I downloaded township, but i dont want it to take up the whole screen! How do i make it into a window? Thank you u/SeraphsEnvy! I cant figure out how to change the flair to solved.. submitted by /u/12sGirl89 [link] [comments]...
  9. No Full Screen Games

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No Full Screen Games: Hello, I would like to prevent microsoft store games from going full screen when they open up. Is there a way to do so? I am using it on a touch screen and I don't want to loose the ability to click the X to close the window. Let me know, thanks!...
  10. playing games in full screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    playing games in full screen: I am trying to play the Heroes of might and magic series through UpLay. For some reason it has stopped loading in full screen mode. It will load and play but in a tiny window. How can I get it back to full scrren?...