Windows 10: Problems with getting PC to always boot

Discus and support Problems with getting PC to always boot in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Windows 10 64-bit V2004 19041.804 16GB RAM Intel i3-3220 Gigabyte motherboard. I have a PCi card with 2 SATA slots on it - used for data discs. I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by macnab, Mar 1, 2021.

1. macnab Win User

Problems with getting PC to always boot

Windows 10 64-bit V2004 19041.804
    16GB RAM
    Intel i3-3220
    Gigabyte motherboard.

I have a PCi card with 2 SATA slots on it - used for data discs.
    I use Macrium Reflekt to clone my boot drive, so I have 2 boot drives. Can't detect any difference in the boot problems between the 2 drives, so problem is unlikely to be them.

So far haven't seen any difference in problem between boot and wake from hibernate.

If the boot process gets as far as "Please wait" the boot is always successful.

Here is a list of the usual scenarios.
    It says Press Del or F2 to enter setup. No further activity.
    It says Press Del or F2 to enter setup. I press Del, it says Entering setup, but it doesn't.
    It says Press Del or F2 to enter setup. After 30 seconds get the 4 windows and the busy circle and disc activity.
    It says Press Del or F2 to enter setup. After the normal 2 or 3 seconds it goes ahead with booting.

Sometimes it says Preparing Automatic Repair (after I press reset.)
    I have had at least one instance of 30 minutes of disc activity, and then a successful boot.

In all cases disc activity ceases after anything from 2 seconds to 30 seconds.
    When disc activity ceases it ceases forever - gave it 5 hours once.

Whenever disc activity has ceased for more than 5 minutes I press reset.

It can take anything for 3 to 8 attempts to get it to boot.

Once I had a successful restart, but only once.

When it does boot, every thing is fine.

:)

macnab, Mar 1, 2021

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 1, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Problems with getting PC to always boot - Similar Threads - Problems getting always

2. PC always boots but refuses restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC always boots but refuses restart: Hello,I have a, in my opinion, very strange problem where I am now seeking support regarding the exclusion of, for example, a creators update or other Windows update that my build doesn't like. The issue is most likely my fault, but I cannot rule out that it's not. I have...
  3. PC always boots but refuses restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC always boots but refuses restart: Hello,I have a, in my opinion, very strange problem where I am now seeking support regarding the exclusion of, for example, a creators update or other Windows update that my build doesn't like. The issue is most likely my fault, but I cannot rule out that it's not. I have...
  4. Problem with the booting of pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with the booting of pc: My pc on every startup showsmedia test failure, network not found intel boot agent starts with the beeping sound for every booting process and I tried to stop the boot agent in F10 setup and it asks for password and I don't remember it .My browser randomly open the dev tools...
  5. Problem with booting pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with booting pc: Hi, I had tried to merge D: drive and C: drive using partition wizard and I had just restarted it but apparently I am not able to boot it it is showing a blue screen I will attach the screenshot of the screen plz help me boot my pc...
  6. Pc booting problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc booting problems: Hey, so since yesterday my pc would not boot and instead it would just show me screen full of blue vertical lines, i was thinking my pc is done and then suddenly it started working again without a problem. I looked up vertical lines and it said that either GPU or some other...
  7. pc always boots at recovery environment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc always boots at recovery environment: hi, I am using windows 10 version 2004 on HP laptop. my pc always boots at recovery environment. i don't know why. how can i fix this? plz help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-always-boots-at-recovery-environment/16f5daa2-70f2-4c30-b49c-2bac4f63ef4b
  8. PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC always boots to BSOD after resetting PC: I was getting a memory error trying to play a game and foolishly decided to just reset my PC thinking it would fix my problems. Now whenever I boot my PC it directly goes to BSOD and says ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY and what failed : clipsp.sys A lot of...
  9. Bluetooth problems, always stopped after booting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problems, always stopped after booting: Hello tenforums, I've noticed this bluetooth problems when i'm playing some games with my Xbox Wireless Controller. So often when i'm playing, the bluetooth disconnect itself. And when i'm trying to reconnect, it can't. Because the toggle on/off bluetooth in the settings...
  10. Bluetooth problems, always stopped after booting

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth problems, always stopped after booting: Hello tenforums, I've noticed this bluetooth problems when i'm playing some games with my Xbox Wireless Controller. So often when i'm playing, the bluetooth disconnect itself. And when i'm trying to reconnect, it can't. Because the toggle on/off bluetooth in the settings...