Windows 10: Problems with HD Monitor

Discus and support Problems with HD Monitor in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, there: First of all, please excuse my English. It is not my native Language. I am not sure if I downloaded a driver which was not meant for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by titolopez, Jan 19, 2016.

1. titolopez Win User

Problems with HD Monitor

Hi, there:

First of all, please excuse my English. It is not my native Language.

I am not sure if I downloaded a driver which was not meant for my Graphic Card (AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series - 1 MB).

The fact is, after that I started having problems with my Windows 10 setup, to the point that I decided to reinstall Windows from scratch.

The problem is that I used to have a very nice looking setup with my 2 monitors: The main monitor is a 32" Philips HD TV (Model Nº 32PFL2507/F8) and the other is a 22" Samsung HD Monitor (Type LS22D300).

Main was connected via VGA and the other via HDMI.

Suddenly, my main Monitor does not look fine. The characters look blurry with blueish and redish tones.

I have downloaded completely updated drivers (Crimson version 16.1) from AMD website and have tried all kinds of setups -including Clear-type tuning- to make the blurrings disappear, but it has been impossible.

I also have run CCleaner, Malawarebytes and Windows Defender to make sure there is nothing nasty in my PC.

What annoys me is the other monitor works perfectly.

Now, my current setup has the Main Monitor connected via HDMI too, but nothing changes.

But there is another problem coming from my old setup: Suddenly I tried, for example, to copy a large amount of files or folders to move them to another disk (as backup for the Windows reinstall) and I couldn't. Or I pasted some files from one folder to other and they did not appear, or had to do refresh (F5) so I could see them.

Any help would be appreciated!

Best regards from sunny Bogota, Colombia!

Tito López

P.S.: My computer's specs:

Computer type: PC/Desktop

OS: Windows 10CPU: Intel Core 7-3770K CPU @3.50GHzMotherboard: Intel D101GGCMemory: 8.00 GBGraphics Card(s): AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

:)

titolopez, Jan 19, 2016
  2. alg51 Win User

Sleeping screen sharing HD-10

Hi, I have an HD-10 device (Microsoft Screen Sharing for Lumia Phones) made by Microsoft.

I have observed the following cases while using this device:

Case 1: Immediately after powering on the device & connecting to a monitor, I see the HD-10 prompt screen asking me to wirelessly connect a device. At this point, I am able to connect a Lumia phone or a Surface Pro to my HD-10 with no problems (success).

Case 2: When the HD-10's prompt screen is showing on the monitor, If I turn off the monitor & wait for a couple of minutes, then turn the monitor on again, the prompt screen reappears on the monitor & I can still connect my Lumia/Surface devices with no
    problems (success).

Case 3: When the HD-10's prompt screen is showing on the monitor, If I turn off the monitor & wait for **an hour**, then turn the monitor on again, the prompt screen **does not reappear** on the monitor & I my Lumia/Surface devices do not detect the HD-10
    (failure).

The problematic Case 3 is reproducible.

It seems that the HD-10 is "going to sleep" when I leave it on but with no device connected for 1 hour. I don't think this behaviour is expected - The HD-10 should be always ready to receive a wireless connection.

Could you please advise me whether this is a (poor) design feature, or if there is a problem with my unit.

Thanks.

alg51, Jan 19, 2016
  3. How do I stop Windows 10 from resizing and repositioning my windows when my computer goes to sleep?

I had the same issue after installed a new video card connecting three displays, 4K + 2HD, using DP/HDMI/DVI on a GTX 1050TI card. I had three monitors in the past, and it was all fine though the config was slightly different: 2HD + SXGA, using DVI/HDMI/VGA
    ports on a GTX730 card. This led me to believe that maybe this had to do with the cards, cabling etc. After lots of cross tests, now my system is fine, and my possible finding is:

1. Connect the main screen on the DVI port resolve the problem.

The old configuration was(OK):

GTX730: Main monitor/HD/DVI-HDMI, 2nd monitor/HD/HDMI-HDMI, 3rd monitor SXGA/VGA

The new configuration is(OK):

GTX1050TI: Main monitor/4K/DVI-HDMI, 2nd monitor/HD/HDMI-HDMI, 3rd monitor/HD/DP-DP

The configuration did not work:

GTX1050TI: Main monitor/4K/DP, 2nd monitor/HD/DVI-HDMI, 3rd monitor/HD/HDMI-HDMI

Windows 10 up to date, THinkVision M83.

RicoWang_732, Jan 19, 2016
Thema:

Problems with HD Monitor

1. Problems with HD Monitor - Similar Threads - Problems Monitor

2. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....: Support tried to fix an error on my laptop, They left me hanging and nothing was fixed. Now i have a very big issue. I think the fix has messed up all my drivers. My laptop monitor is blank, external as wellI ve tried all guides provided. No change, cant even activate safe...
  3. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....: Support tried to fix an error on my laptop, They left me hanging and nothing was fixed. Now i have a very big issue. I think the fix has messed up all my drivers. My laptop monitor is blank, external as wellI ve tried all guides provided. No change, cant even activate safe...
  4. bigger problem, now my display does not work, tried using an external monitor,, no change....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How can i fix all the problems in my realibility monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i fix all the problems in my realibility monitor?: Hello i have had many problems with my pc i had it for a year+ now and for the first 7 months ive had no problems firstly i had win11 when the problems started where i would play rainbow six siege and it would make the noise of a usb being connected then disconnected around 8...
  6. How can i fix all the problems in my realibility monitor?

How can i fix all the problems in my realibility monitor?: Hello i have had many problems with my pc i had it for a year+ now and for the first 7 months ive had no problems firstly i had win11 when the problems started where i would play rainbow six siege and it would make the noise of a usb being connected then disconnected around 8...
  7. How can i fix all the problems in my realibility monitor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked: My screen seems to go so dark, I can barely see it. It’s not a monitor problem, because it displays correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-goes-dark-after-10-seconds-its-not-a/b280a6e6-dbca-43c7-8320-aba034e7acad
  9. My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked

My screen goes dark after 10 seconds, it’s not a monitor problem, i already checked: My screen seems to go so dark, I can barely see it. It’s not a monitor problem, because it displays correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-goes-dark-after-10-seconds-its-not-a/b280a6e6-dbca-43c7-8320-aba034e7acad
  10. Problem with monitor setting

Problem with monitor setting: I just got a 120 hz monitor and i can run it at 120fps but im having a problem that literaly it changes every day...Yesterday i could run fortnite at 120 fps, today only sixty with the 120 fps option selected and this is already going on for like a week.Everyday changing to...