Windows 10: Problems with HDR on my Win10

Discus and support Problems with HDR on my Win10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hallo, I Have a Problem with my monitor switching to hdr Mode with gsync enabled so basicly whats Happening is if i turn on hdr in the Windows settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PeeOnCarl, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Problems with HDR on my Win10

Hallo, I Have a Problem with my monitor switching to hdr Mode with gsync enabled so basicly whats Happening is if i turn on hdr in the Windows settings it says hdr on on my monitor but the LED on it is Green and i get teering ingame if i turn hdr off in the Windows settings it turns Red which means gsync is running and i dont get Any teering anymore.. It wasnt like this before.. I dont know how to solve it either.. Which is why i need help.. Also sometimes hdr is bugged in a such way like if i exit a game with it on and turn HDR off afterwards All the colors will be super over saturated.. Until i change the dynamic output to limited and back to Full..

I am running a PG35VQ Many thanks for help

submitted by /u/PeeOnCarl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PeeOnCarl, Oct 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : Imgur

Full screen mode (HDR off) : Imgur

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work Problems with HDR on my Win10 :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hi Willy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue with a particular game or all the games?
    2. Are the colors washed out in the game?
    3. How do you get to know that HDR mode gets disabled?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Update Graphics Card Drivers.

Try updating the Display Drivers,
    restart the computer once after updating the drivers, and check for the issue.

Method 2:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

Also, please refer to the section Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10 from the above article to check the compatibility of your monitor for HDR.

Method 3:
    Reduce Frame Rate.

Step 1: Go to Settings
    > System > Display
    > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties.

Step 2: Switch to
    Monitor
    tab > Select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate and click on
    OK.

Step 3: If you cannot find the option to change
    Frame Rate, reduce resolution by going to Display adapter properties, switch to
    Adapter tab, and select List All Modes.

Step 4: In List All Modes, select the setting that includes
    1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, then select OK.

Step 5: Once you make the changes,
    restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 29, 2019
  4. gamerk2 Win User

Problems with HDR on my Win10

HDR fullscreen problems

Version: Windows 10 17134

GPU: NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Driver 397.31)

Display: LG OLED 55" B6P

Problem: Windows HDR implementation barely works properly. Here's a list of issues I've seen so far:

1: SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode, distorting the colors. If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up, the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.

2: SDR applications that are exclusive fullscreen go blank. From what I can see, my display is in SDR mode, so I'm guessing there's a mismatch between Windows trying to output HDR content and the display receiving it. [And no, the problem is on Windows
    end; the display can handle HDR just fine on other systems]

3: I've had a case where an SDR application, on exit, somehow resulted in the system HDR setting being disabled. I've also had another case where on exit the system is reporting its in HDR mode, but outputting SDR even on the desktop.

So in short: Windows is not managing HDR properly.

gamerk2, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Problems with HDR on my Win10

1. Problems with HDR on my Win10 - Similar Threads - Problems HDR Win10

2. what is the conversion formula of win10 HDR finction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the conversion formula of win10 HDR finction: I found that if I turned on HDR function, the white picture painted in windows painting toolwould not be output as 255, 255 255.I wonder what is the conversion formula...
  3. what is the conversion formula of win10 HDR finction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what is the conversion formula of win10 HDR finction: I found that if I turned on HDR function, the white picture painted in windows painting toolwould not be output as 255, 255 255.I wonder what is the conversion formula...
  4. what is the conversion formula of win10 HDR finction

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Both of my win10 desktops have HDR and can stream HDR content, but when I select a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Both of my win10 desktops have HDR and can stream HDR content, but when I select a...: Both of my win10 desktops have HDR and can stream HDR content, but when I select a streaming service that supports this, I only see the HD stream Using google chrome, firefox, and other browsers; services amazon prime video, Disney plus, and Hulu.My internet is 300mbps...
  6. HDR problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR problems: So I recently upgraded GPU to a 3090 FE and plugged a second monitor into HDMI and now I frequently get an HDR disconnect and reconnect. I will hear the windows chime every time this happens and get black screen for a second before everything returns and I see the HDR logo in...
  7. HDR video issues with Win10?

HDR video issues with Win10?: I've tinkered the color settings, 12 bit, 10 bit, RGB, etc. but 4K videos in Potplayer and VLC still look washed out unless I screw with hue, contrast, etc, but even then it's not great, and I have to use Reshade in games to simulate HDR because even the game I tried with an...
  8. HDR problem

HDR problem: I want to enable HDR in games but I can't do it without enabling it in windows settings. But when I enable it in windows settings, colors of the screen when not gaming are really terrible. It is fine in games and HDR works good but whenever I am not gaming windows is just...
  9. Windows HDR problems

Windows HDR problems: I have an hdr monitor and activated HDR in settings. While it looks great when I watch youtube and Netflix, it causes multiple problems Screenshots are washed out Screen recording looks like crap (Sometimes too saturated) It switches on and off when playing games...
  10. HDR on Win10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR on Win10.: I can't get Win10 to use HDR because Windows see my "receiver" as the display device so it won't let me toggle it on despite it being compliant to both BT2020YCC and Eotf2084Supported....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hdr problem

2. gsync windows 10 hdr

3. pc hdr problem

4. can i use windows hdr settings with gsync