Windows 10: Problems with hibernate

Discus and support Problems with hibernate in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I almost only use hibernate when turning off my Windows 10 computer. But often I guess every 10th time when I turn on my computer after hibernate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MichaelHansen3, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Problems with hibernate

I almost only use hibernate when turning off my Windows 10 computer. But often I guess every 10th time when I turn on my computer after hibernate Windows 10 just starts as if I had turned of my computer or made a restart. When it does that all my work has gone.

Can I see in the log if I by mistake has chosen "shut down" instead of "hibernate"? Or is it a bug in Windows 10?

I just think its strange if I once every 10th day makes a mistake when turning off my computer. I also think its strange if Windows has to update and restart that often - and even more strange that Windows doesn't tell me that it wont hibernate but makes a fresh start instead.

I am aware of the "snooze"-funktion with Windows update and use it very often because I would really really like to choose when I want to update.

Eventhough I might have forgot to snooze the update funktion - why doesn't Windows alert me when I try make it hibernate and it wonts to restart? I would have had a little chance to save my work then.

Michael

:)

MichaelHansen3, Jul 6, 2020

2. Windows 10 Hibernate problems

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if for any power components change status.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View All from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Power from the options, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
    • Check for the missing/corrupted power component status of the troubleshooter, close the window and check if the issue is resolved.
    You can follow the step by step guide to
    enable hibernate option in windows 10

Swapnil Kharche, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

Problems with hibernate

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Problems with hibernate

1. Problems with hibernate - Similar Threads - Problems hibernate

2. Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem: The GOODIX MOC Fingerprint reader was not restarting after my laptop went into Hibernate. It took 5 days to figure this out with deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint driver. That was only a temporary fix bevause it mysteriously quit working again after every driver...
  3. Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Goodix Fingerprint Reader Stops Working Dell Inspiron 16 - Windows 11 Hibernate is the problem: The GOODIX MOC Fingerprint reader was not restarting after my laptop went into Hibernate. It took 5 days to figure this out with deleting and reinstalling the fingerprint driver. That was only a temporary fix bevause it mysteriously quit working again after every driver...
  4. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  5. Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate

Wifi Network Problem after Sleep or Hibernate: Hello,I have posted about this Problem in the Feedback Hub with No Answer from MS :When I boot Windows 11 Pro all is Fine, But if this Laptop HP goes into Sleep mode or Hibernate the WiFi might not come back online and if it does Without doing a restart The WiFi Speed is alot...
  6. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate: Hello there,Every time I hibernate my PC after turning it on, the Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from hibernation.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  7. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate: Hello there,Every time I hibernate my PC after turning it on, the Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from hibernation.Here is the link for the minidump files and system...
  8. Bluescreen problem occurs after waking up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. hibernation problem with my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867
  10. hibernation problem with my laptop

hibernation problem with my laptop: i have tried everthing but still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hibernation-problem-with-my-laptop/5aa1255b-0ff5-44b0-8542-43231e05e867