Windows 10: Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

Discus and support Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, recently I am having some troubles when trying to turn on the hotspot in my computer to share Wi-Fi to other devices. To explain everything: -I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jose LuisRueda Arreguin, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

Hi, recently I am having some troubles when trying to turn on the hotspot in my computer to share Wi-Fi to other devices.

To explain everything:

-I'm living on a University Residence.

-I started with this problems last week.

-As the router is quite far from my room, i'm using a wifi adaptor with a long usb cable to increase the wifi signal. So my laptop get wifi from the adaptor and the with windows 10 create the hotspot from my laptop.

- The problem is that now when creating a Hotspot to share internet appears that the signal is 5ghz and devices that uses 2.4ghz will not be able to connect to the Hotspot. This didn't happen before.

-When try to connect a deviceIphone to the Hotspot, the device connects to the Hotspot and the laptop detects the devices, but in the Iphone I am not able to use internet In Wifi option don't show any error message and after 1-2 minutes my laptop disconnects from the WiFi leaving the Hotspot but with no signal to share internet.

If someone can help me or have any idea to try would be great

Thanks in advance and sorry if my english is not the best or I can't explain everything right.

:)

Jose LuisRueda Arreguin, Jun 7, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection. [​IMG]

alligatorcampus, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

Wi-fi hotspot gives no internet connection to connected devices

Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection. [​IMG]

alligatorcampus, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection.

1. Problems with Hotspot and Wi-Fi connection. - Similar Threads - Problems Hotspot connection

2. Wi-Fi Connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi Connection problem: The problem is when I connect to my wi-fi network with my pc the whole network lag and every device be laggyAnd if I disconnect, the network just works normally and other devices work on the internet well but if I tried to connect the network lags again,So please help me and...
  3. Wi-Fi Connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wi-Fi Connection problem: The problem is when I connect to my wi-fi network with my pc the whole network lag and every device be laggyAnd if I disconnect, the network just works normally and other devices work on the internet well but if I tried to connect the network lags again,So please help me and...
  4. Wi-Fi Connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wi-fi connection problem

Wi-fi connection problem: After an update my Laptop does not have Wi-fi option anymore....I tried trouble shooting.......it says" A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken''...I need help quickly..please anyone...
  6. PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot

PC will not connect to wi-fi; connects to cellular hotspot: After a power outage last night, suddenly my pc no longer gets an internet connection through our wi-fi. It will connect to the network, but does not have internet access. Every other device in the house connects just fine, and my pc will connect to my cellular hotspot...
  7. WI-FI Hotspot not working

WI-FI Hotspot not working: i apologize for the errors that i will make first. So, i have a big problem with my hotspot, i can activate it of course, but i can't connect my phone, it stays blocked when it has to pick the ip adress. So i tried first to know if the problem was my phone, but nobody else...
  8. Problem with Wi-Fi Connection

Problem with Wi-Fi Connection: why do i keep losing my wifi connection [Original Title: wifi connection] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wi-fi-connection/ea839003-0cda-413d-99ba-516a7066c9b3
  9. Wi-Fi connection problem

Wi-Fi connection problem: Every time my WiFi disconnects after 10-20 mins and when I run the troubleshooter the problem gets fixed and again after sometime wifi disconnects, and it continues. I need a proper solution, please help me.(I am using Windows 10 version 1909)[IMG]...
  10. Wi-Fi connectivity problem

Wi-Fi connectivity problem: [ATTACH] I face Wi-Fi connectivity problem. Whenever I tried to upgrade windows I face same problem on different laptops on different companies and I have to rollback the updates. Now the question is how to solve the Wi-Fi connectivity issue. I have tried all the possible...