Windows 10: Problems with hp printer

Discus and support Problems with hp printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that when I click on the hp Solution Centre icon, nothing happens. I was previously using Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bluenose1940, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Problems with hp printer

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now find that when I click on the hp Solution Centre icon, nothing happens. I was previously using Windows 8.1 pro and if I wanted to scan anything I just opened the solution centre and got on with the job.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 and then downloaded the drivers for my all-in-one hp psc 1317. I ran a test page and everything was fine. I can print OK (from Word) but I cannot scan anything.

Does anyone have any ideas please? Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, Jan 3, 2016

2. HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Fout 0x80240017

Hi

There is no issue with the printer. The problem is with windows update continually failing to install an update for the HP printer.

The error message is:

HP - Printers - HP Deskjet 2540 series - Error 0x80240017

Thanks

robinosborne, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Cliff856 Win User
    Snipping tool crashes when printing

I have the same problem with an HP printer, universal driver 6.4.1.22169

Cliff856, Jan 3, 2016
  4. WildOne Win User

Problems with hp printer

Probably KB3132372 update was installed when you did clean install...below is more information on this and a tool you will need to hide the update after its removal...currently this is the only way to get HP Solution Center to work...go to setting, update & security, advance options, view your update history, uninstall updates, look near bottom of page under "Microsoft Windows" to confirm update is installed.....if you choose to uninstall it you will have to run the tool below after removal to hide the update.. Otherwise the update will be reinstalled by windows and HP Solution Center will fail again...Before you uninstall the update you may want to learn more about it by reading:

KB3132372

Microsoft Security Advisory 2755801

Info

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scannin...5421457/page/2

Tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this isn't too much info but is needed to understand and resolve the problem.....Hopefully, HP will come up with a better solution...

P.S. There is another option but I have not tried it...you can download (free) HP scan & capture from MS Store and try it if you want to keep the installed update..

WildOne, Jan 4, 2016
  5. WildOne Win User
    Good news!!! Microsoft just issued (1/5/2016) KB3133431 update which fixes the HP Solution Center problem.....Should auto install so everything back to normal....

WildOne, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Problems with hp printer

1. Problems with hp printer - Similar Threads - Problems printer

2. Printer problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer problem: how to disable "save print output as" on Outlook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problem/1dfe0724-db14-44f0-b8ee-594e608b0b32
  3. Printing Problems - Windows 10 and new Epson Printer

Printing Problems - Windows 10 and new Epson Printer: I keep getting the error message on the printer. It works with my Surface computer which it is also connected to, but not with my laptop which is an HP. I have downloaded latest Windows updates, and also the recommended drivers from Epson. The problem must be with my...
  4. printer problems

printer problems: I cannot get my Epson XP-300 to print the black ink. Someone please help...…….. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-problems/ec40a51c-cc6a-493c-b655-267b9c99a6c1
  5. HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Problem

HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Problem: I just recently installed a new HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. Whenever I attempt to print 2 or more copies of a document, it feeds a blank page after it prints. Thank you....
  6. HP Photosmart 5520 Printer problem

HP Photosmart 5520 Printer problem: My printer prints from internet web pages but not from my e mail account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-photosmart-5520-printer-problem/5a2d497b-f66a-4de9-bcac-bb3ce34bc5a9
  7. Windows 10 Printer Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Printer Problem: I have Windows 10 which handles my wireless printer nicely. I'm traveling and trying to use an HP1010, which connects directly to my computer. I can print a test page using HP Scan Doctor, but can not print using Windows as the page is not transmitted to the printer....
  8. Printer problem

Printer problem: Get a message saying printer is out of paper but it's not. Paper attempts to feed unsuccessfully. Have tried switching printer off/removing cable for 30 secs/running Troubleshooter - nothing works. There is no paper jam. Can someone help please? Cheers...
  9. Printer problems

Printer problems: My Canon printer has suddenly started to scan in PDF instead of JPEG. I managed to change it once but it has gone back again to PDF. I cannot use PDF images so I must find a way to return the scanner to JPEG....
  10. Network Problems / Printer HP P1102w

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problems / Printer HP P1102w: Hi, I have a problem with my Lenovo Laptop. After my update, I began to have problems with printing documents to my wireless printer. What I'm doing is I disconnect first my wireless connection and reconnect it. What must I do to make it work like before without doing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HP your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem