Windows 10: PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP

Discus and support PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upon opening the HP Support Assistant app from its taskbar position, I encountered a spinning circle and no ability to open or click on any of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffA Warner, Jan 31, 2020.

1. PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP

Upon opening the HP Support Assistant app from its taskbar position, I encountered a spinning circle and no ability to open or click on any of the icons within the box. After another excruciating chat with HP, they had me uninstall the app, then go to HP website to install the newest version. After going through those steps and trying to open the app, I get a MS message stating that I need a special app from the MS store to open this app with a grayed out OK button. After searching the MS Store for this app and coming up empty, I discovered that HPSA was no longer appearing in "All Apps". HP told me I should probably reset my PC to factory settings it is appx 1 month old meaning I would have to start from scratch. Thanks but no thanks. Can anyone shed some light on where this mystery app is? Do I really need it? Any advice will be appreciated. Jeff

:)

JeffA Warner, Jan 31, 2020

2. HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT NOT WORKING PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP :(

HP Support Assistant

Version 8.5.37.19

Not Working, Uninstalled, Reinstalled Multiple Times

Tried Even Setting Up A New Account User And Same ResultPROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP :(

Part Of Windows Insiders Group Running

Windows 10 Insider Preview 17115.1 (rs4_release)

Using Trend Micro As Antivirus

HP Support Assistant Not Blocked By My Wirewall

Any Suggestions ????

MICHELLEGRANUCCI, Jan 31, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    HP Support Assistant does not respond

Hi Ryan,

There are known issues with the HP Support Assistant app in Windows 10

Your best option is to take HP Support Assistant off your Startup Applications

If you ever need to contact HP Support, you can open the app from your Start Menu

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if HP Support Assistant is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining list See if HP Support Assistant is listed there , if it is uncheck it

Click Apply and OK

Restart your System and this annoyance will be gone . . .

DaveM121, Jan 31, 2020
  4. PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP

Support Assist.

My support assist is not responding.

When I attempted to go to my control panel and programs I looked for H support to repair and I do not have an HP support list in my programs at all.

What is my next step please?

Reichert Renee, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP

1. PROBLEMS WITH HP SUPPORT ASSISTANT APP - Similar Threads - PROBLEMS SUPPORT ASSISTANT

2. Cannot install HP Support Assistant

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot install HP Support Assistant: Hi.I removed HP Support Assistant some time ago and everything worked fine.Now, I'm trying to install it again but it always says a newer version is already installed and refuses to install.I've tried Microsoft Fix-it, I've removed all entries in the register than mention HP...
  3. Cannot install HP Support Assistant

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install HP Support Assistant: Hi.I removed HP Support Assistant some time ago and everything worked fine.Now, I'm trying to install it again but it always says a newer version is already installed and refuses to install.I've tried Microsoft Fix-it, I've removed all entries in the register than mention HP...
  4. HP support assistant driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP support assistant driver: I am not able to install the driver due to the below error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-support-assistant-driver/969082f3-ad7a-4e89-a241-d76049feb264
  5. HP support assistant driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP support assistant driver: I am not able to install the driver due to the below error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-support-assistant-driver/969082f3-ad7a-4e89-a241-d76049feb264
  6. HP support assistant driver

7. Can't install HP Support Assistant

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't install HP Support Assistant: When I click on setup.exe in the C:\SWSetup\sp101214 folder it says please login with administrator rights before installing HP support assistant. The thing is I'm logged in on an Administrator account and even tried running it in administrator mode by right clicking on the...
  8. Hp support assistant

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hp support assistant: First I installed hp support assistant in my laptop for the first time after that I checked in control panel there is no hp support assistant app in program and future so I thought I could uninstall in control panel but there is no hp support assistant. So I thought I could...
  9. HP Support Assistant Unavailable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HP Support Assistant Unavailable: I booted up my computer about two hours ago to getting three driver updates, but they wouldn't go through when I tried to update them. I tried a second time, but no luck. I restarted my system to see if it would do anything, but now I get an unavailable error. I tried the...
  10. HP Support Assistant will not completley start.

HP Support Assistant will not completley start.: This question is regarding the HP Support Assistant in Windows 10. Over the time I have been subjected to Windows 10 I have found this to be a useful tool. Over the weekend I tried to use the assistant, I clicked on the icon on the task bar. The initial screen comes up and...