Windows 10: Problems with Hybrid boot

Discus and support Problems with Hybrid boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have 2 PCs, both running win 10 updated from 8.1. The desktop has an AMD processor and graphics card, the laptop has an intel i5 and nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EMC3, Aug 27, 2015.

1. EMC3 Win User

Problems with Hybrid boot

Hello,
    I have 2 PCs, both running win 10 updated from 8.1. The desktop has an AMD processor and graphics card, the laptop has an intel i5 and nvidia card. Both have 8 gb ram. Since an update around 2 weeks ago both have a strange problem: fast booting does not work anymore. In details, if i shutdown the pc, it goes down normally, but as i press the power button, the pc goes on, boots, and ca 1/2 second after that it goes off again (ca 2-3 seconds after pressing the button, the windows logo does not even show up). If i press the power button again, both pcs do a full startup (like after reboot) and work perfectly fine. This issue obbligated me to disable fast booting, but the laptop got terribly slow...

Can anyone help getting back fast booting?

:)

2. Microsoft must review the Fast shutdows (hybrid shutdown) in Windows 10 Takes too much time shutdown

I heve been watching forums with people who are having problems with Windows 10 fast boot/shutdown ( hybrid shutdown) and I include myself, as a reported behavior seems to be constant, the devices... laptops, desktop PCs remain in a state of shutdown,
    they are hanging on the shutdown process and takes way too much time to shutdown.

In my case, my desktop PC with Windows 10 Home 64bits and enable fast boot/shutdown (hybrid shutdown) are little faster booting up, but when you shutdown the PC its turn off the screen fast but then stays on a long time with the lights on and fans running.
    the actually shuting down takes really long time.

But when I disable boot/shutdown fast (hybrid shutdown) PC turns off completely fast

Eduardo Rojas Rodríguez, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Dec.13,2017 update "settings" won't open, PC very slow

One thing I have noticed is that the old section of my 1TB Hybrid drive is now blank. This was the original boot sector. Anyone else have this problem?

TonySkidmore1, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Problems with Hybrid boot

Try this:

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)

Method Screen Shot
    x-Menu
    Right click the Windows logo on the task bar

Select Command Prompt (Admin)
    and yes to the UAC prompt

Problems with Hybrid boot [​IMG]

Search: command
    Press the Windows key on your keyboard

Type command

Right click the search result: Command Prompt

Select Run as administrator
    and yes to the UAC prompt

File Explorer: File menu
    Press the blue File menu on any open File Explorer
    Hover over Command Prompt
    or press the arrow to expand the selection

Select Open command prompt as administrator

This is a useful way to launch a batch or script file in a particular folder with elevated priviliges.

In the command prompt window, type:

powercfg -h Off
    Restart your machine

Launch Command prompt (admin) again and type:

powercfg -h On
    Restart your machine

That process deletes the hibernation file, clears any hibernation settings, and then reestablishes hibernation with new restart information.

Slartybart, Aug 27, 2015
  5. EMC3 Win User
    I tried your steps on the laptop. I also tried to reinstall graphics drivers. The problem persists. I will try later on te pc

6. EMC3 Win User
    Also the pc is still failing....

EMC3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Problems with Hybrid boot

1. Problems with Hybrid boot - Similar Threads - Problems Hybrid boot

2. Hybrid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hybrid: I got Windows 11 today and for some reason it's a weird hybrid of 10 and 11, it has the Windows 11 taskbar, start menu, search, icons and widgets, it even says its Windows 11 in WinVer. But settings, file explorer, notifications, calander are still the Windows 10 design....
  3. Hybrid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hybrid: I got Windows 11 today and for some reason it's a weird hybrid of 10 and 11, it has the Windows 11 taskbar, start menu, search, icons and widgets, it even says its Windows 11 in WinVer. But settings, file explorer, notifications, calander are still the Windows 10 design....
  4. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Hybrid Sleep: I have looked at the web and whilst some say it is a beneficial feature, others say to disable it. I read one link that stated even Microsoft recommended disabling it to prevent it from interfering with Windows updates. I have it disabled at present. Comments please. 173412
  5. Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hybrid Sleep: Hi all, I'm trying to find instructions for Hybrid Sleep, but my Googles keep showing me Power options which are absent from myWindows Version 2004 20H1 - OS Build v19041.508, 64-bit OS, Installed on 1-Jun-2020. Can anyone please direct me to Hybrid Sleep setup...
  6. Hybrid (UEFI / MBR) ISO's -- UEFI BOOT (CSM)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hybrid (UEFI / MBR) ISO's -- UEFI BOOT (CSM): Hi folks recently I couldn't get some newer iso's from UUPDUMP to boot using RUFUS V 10 to create bootable usb sticks when these isos are HYBRID boot (i.e they can boot either MBR or UEFI). However changing the BIOS options to enabling UEFI boot (CSM module) as well as UEFI...
  7. Fast Boot / Hybrid Boot stopped working, driver-issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fast Boot / Hybrid Boot stopped working, driver-issue?: For years I had Fast Boot disabled because I only had a 120gb SSD and wanted to save space by not having the hibernation-file eating more. Now that I moved to a 512gb SSD I reenabled Fast Boot and it worked great for a few days but now when I shut down my PC Windows seemingly...
  8. Hybrid drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hybrid drive: I ''had' a 4tb game drive before the big windows 10 update last week. New Windows 10 says it is 'unknown' 'not initialized' in disk manager. I tried to initialize the disk, it failed. I tried rebuilding the partition using a 3rrd party software called AOMEI Partition...
  9. Enabling Hybrid Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Enabling Hybrid Sleep: Hello all! I hope to be a frequent contributor but I joined specifically to try and find a definitive answer to a question that I cannot find fully answered anywhere. I want my Windows 10 HP All-In-One desktop to enter hybrid sleep after I'm through with my work and be...
  10. Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about fast boot/hybrid shutdown: I know some people disable fast boot/hybrid shutdown but I tend to leave as much of Windows at default as possible (apart from system restore - why does MS disable that by default?!!!) anyway, I wonder if the hiberfil.sys file on shutdown gets rewritten from scratch on...