Windows 10: Problems with IMAP email syc

Discus and support Problems with IMAP email syc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sync message: We couldn't access you account: AOL/***. You might need to update your password or update the account permission to sync. This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RCH3, Jan 24, 2019.

1. RCH3 Win User

Problems with IMAP email syc

Sync message: We couldn't access you account: AOL/***. You might need to update your password or update the account permission to sync.

This happens after I sync and start reading my mail from this account. All settings for these accounts are correct.
    Now, when setting up another AOL account I get the same message but I cannot get the mail to sync. I'm assuming that both AOL accounts use the same IN/OUT imap settings. I copied and pasted the imap settings directly from AOL. One account works but the other doesn't... The passwords are correct . What gives?

P.S. The Action Center will keep reminding me to update the account with the sync problems but I don't want to turn these notifications off for all the email accounts.

:)

2. RCH3 Win User

Sync message: We couldn't access you account: AOL/***. You might need to update your password or update the account permission to sync.

This happens after I sync and start reading my mail from this account. All settings for these accounts are correct.

Now, when setting up another AOL account I get the same message but I cannot get the mail to sync. I'm assuming that both AOL accounts use the same IN/OUT imap settings. I copied and pasted the imap settings directly from AOL. One account works but the other
    doesn't... The passwords are correct . What gives?

P.S. The Action Center will keep reminding me to update the account with the sync problems but I don't want to turn these notifications off for all the email accounts.

3. Puigchild Win User
    Email IMAP setup problem !

Hi arunlal4u,

Have you enabled IMAP on your Gmail account? You can check it at Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP on Gmail. After this, remove your existing mailbox and set up your email account again following the instructions below:

• Start Setup Email wizard (or select New on the Email client).
    • Select Start.
    • Select Mail For Exchange.
    • Enter your Gmail email address.
    • Enter your Gmail password.
    • Leave domain empty.
    • Enter server address m.google.com.
    After this the account should sync with your phone.

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Problems with IMAP email syc

Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com

Within my email client I have a hotmail.com account setup as a POP3 account. I was informed if I wanted to move emails from one IMAP account to another IMAP which is simply moving emails from one folder to another folder within my email client; folder being an email account (IMAP) to a hotmail.com account I would have to re-create the account, in this case the hotmail.com account from POP3 to IMAP which I've done; but when I go to outlook.com to verify if those email which I moved from one IMAP account to the hotmail.com (IMAP) account they don't appear on outlook.com ?

JerometheGiraff, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with IMAP email syc - Similar Threads - Problems IMAP email

2. emails - windows 10 imap

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails - windows 10 imap: I cannot delete messages from my deleted folder in windows 10 imap. Can someone tell me how to do it. thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-windows-10-imap/e30a102f-5ebe-47b1-ab75-95909b4b49cc
  3. windows 10 imap email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 imap email: I would like to make and print a list of the names, addresses, phone numbers in my people contact file. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-imap-email/d4470ddb-0493-494a-88f8-3b22b3c7f81a
  4. eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?

in Browsers and Email
    eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?: Hello, In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit. Probably miss many of the nuances now. Use Comcast for all eMails, etc. Have the Account, I think, set up as a IMAP, which was recommended. Problem is, if an eMail comes in, and I see it first on my iPhone, it is...
  5. eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?

in Windows 10 Support
    eMail Deletions, And POP vs IMAP ?: Hello, In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit. Probably miss many of the nuances now. Use Comcast for all eMails, etc. Have the Account, I think, set up as a IMAP, which was recommended. Problem is, if an eMail comes in, and I see it first on my iPhone, it is...
  6. syc pc to tablet

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    syc pc to tablet: How to syc my Windows 10 laptop to my Andriod tablet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syc-pc-to-tablet/162c0ff4-4c1c-4a30-83f4-acf01c7ac5b4"
  7. New imap email

in Windows 10 Customization
    New imap email: Hi I am running a second email and following a message to say the email has been set up I then get a message to say my details are out of date. I then try to reset the password and it still keeps coming up with Action Required. Can you help....
  8. email switch from pop to imap

in Windows 10 Customization
    email switch from pop to imap: Do I really need to make the switch from POP to IMAP as Xfinity has stated? If so, then I may need help making this switch. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!!!...
  9. Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with moving Emails between IMAP to Outlook.com: Within my email client I have a hotmail.com account setup as a POP3 account. I was informed if I wanted to move emails from one IMAP account to another IMAP which is simply moving emails from one folder to another folder within my email client; folder being an email account...
  10. FYI in case you have an IMAP email account and face problem with setup

in Browsers and Email
    FYI in case you have an IMAP email account and face problem with setup: If you are like me you probably got very frustrated with the Win10 Mail app's inability to separate the username from the outgoing e-mail address (which are not necessarily the same and in my case they are in fact different). For a long time I have been complaining via the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I sync my gmail on andriod tablet with my windows 10 laptop?