Windows 10: Problems with installing a security key

Discus and support Problems with installing a security key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have tried to install a Yubi security key, but Microsoft keeps responding with "Your browser or operating system does not support this" Since I use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by piap, Mar 5, 2019.

1. piap Win User

Problems with installing a security key

Have tried to install a Yubi security key, but Microsoft keeps responding with "Your browser or operating system does not support this" Since I use Edge and my operating system is Windows 10 - 1809 build which supposedly are the correct browser and operating system I am at a loss as to why I cannot install the key. I have tried this on an older ASUS (also same browser and windows 10) and now a brand new Lenovo. Not sure what to do next as there is simply no advice or solution available on the Web. Just hoping someone here can help or am I doomed never to be able to do this? I might add that the same key has been used with Facebook and Google with no problems at all.

:)

piap, Mar 5, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 5, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

Corporate Security Solution

That made me so facepalm. Some people have absolutely no clue. I hope they don't take you for granted with all this you're doing for them.

SonicWall is a good security product, so Mindweaver's suggestion sounds like a good one and should make for a rather bigger baby step. Let's hope they take it.

qubit, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Problems with installing a security key - Similar Threads - Problems installing security

2. Security Devices yellow key problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Devices yellow key problem: I have a problem in device manager in Security devices I have the little yellow key on the trusted platform module 2.0, it's a 5 day old new system running windows 11 pro, so far I have cleared the TPM, updated bios and uninstalled security devices then restated my pc to...
  3. Security Devices yellow key problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Devices yellow key problem: I have a problem in device manager in Security devices I have the little yellow key on the trusted platform module 2.0, it's a 5 day old new system running windows 11 pro, so far I have cleared the TPM, updated bios and uninstalled security devices then restated my pc to...
  4. Security Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Key: Hello,I try to log in to my account with that security key: USB Winkeo-A FIDO U2F produced by Neowave. It doesn't work and I'm having some trouble. Can that key be used? Thank you,Simon Martin...
  5. Windows 10 Security Key Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Security Key Problem: Hello all, I have been trying all weekend to fix this little issue I am having. I am trying to change my sign-in options (specifically the security key) but when I click on "Security Key" I get a message telling me to insert my security key. The problem is I have never set up...
  6. Security key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Security key: I purchased a new dell last year with windows 10. All was great. Today i try to login, I get to login screen, type my pin, then all goes black after logging in! If I press the windows key the startup menue show but if I click on it I still get a black screen! I tried to...
  7. Security key cannot be installed

Security key cannot be installed: Am trying to install a security key on my microsoft account and receive the message Your browser or operating system do not support this. Am using Edge and Windows 10 version 1809 which Microsoft itself says should be used.Have successfully installed the keys with Google and...
  8. Security Key

Security Key: Yubico said I can add more than one security key but I was only able to add one. I added like 4 on my Google so I am not sure why I can't add more than one on Microsoft. Thanks....
  9. kaspersky total security installation problem.

kaspersky total security installation problem.: would be grateful if anyone else has had this problem. I dowmloaded a exe file from kaspersky, a paid one I add. came down ok. it was a normal exe file. I clicked on the exe, kaspersky window came up, 20 seconds later it vanished, completely. Well I downloaded the file 3...
  10. Product key problem on install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product key problem on install: I have downloaded Windows 10 to an external hard drive and tried to install it. It asks for a product key and I have tried every one that I have for both Windows 7 and 8. I have even used the one copied from the computer using Speccy. None of them work so I am stuck. Any...