Windows 10: Problems With Installing/Updating Graphics Driver

Discus and support Problems With Installing/Updating Graphics Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I’ve had issues for months, have performed severa clean installs of Windows 10. Bought seperate software to install the drivers. Nothing is resovling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Angellaurel_1, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Problems With Installing/Updating Graphics Driver

I’ve had issues for months, have performed severa clean installs of Windows 10. Bought seperate software to install the drivers. Nothing is resovling this. Just one example is my Graphics Driver. Windows attempts to install the driver it finds online. Then tells me: Install status 0x0 RebootOption: False Driver Description: Intel HD Graphics 5500

:)

Angellaurel_1, Mar 31, 2020

2. Graphics driver "requires further installation."

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing, I will be glad to you help you.

The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the display drivers and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1: Update display adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type
      Windows Update

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.
    Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the graphics/display drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your display device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Thank you

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Graphics driver failed durring installation

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Do you get any error messages while booting the computer normally?
    • What is the make and model number of the computer?
    This issue could have occurred if the driver is not installed properly.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode with Networking and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode with Networking, I suggest you to install latest graphics driver and check if you face any issues.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:

Now install latest graphics driver and check if you can boot the computer normally.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Problems With Installing/Updating Graphics Driver

Constant issues with windows update .. suspected to be graphics driver problem.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have performed trying to fix the issue. Go to the Windows update installed and let us know which Windows update KB number is conflict to the issue.

• Type update on the windows search bar and select View installed update.

• Check for the KB number.
    You can also hide/block the Windows update, visit the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check. At first, I suggest you to install the graphic card driver and try installing the Windows update. Go to the below link and click on AUTO DETECT YOUR GPU. It
    will automatically detect the updated graphics card driver.

Drivers | GeForce

Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Problems With Installing/Updating Graphics Driver

1. Problems With Installing/Updating Graphics Driver - Similar Threads - Problems Installing Updating

2. Problem with installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with installing graphics driver: Hi. My graphic driver has been removed automatically and i don't know why ... when I download the driver to install it manually I get this error that goes like this: this graphic driver coulld not find compatible graphics hardware. I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the...
  3. Problem with installing graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with installing graphics driver: Hi. My graphic driver has been removed automatically and i don't know why ... when I download the driver to install it manually I get this error that goes like this: this graphic driver coulld not find compatible graphics hardware. I am 100% sure that I have downloaded the...
  4. Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update is installing outdated graphics driver: Hi,I have an Intel i5-11600K processor with integrated graphics of UHD 750, I have installed the latest graphics driver from the intel drivers site of version 31.0.101.3802.But the windows update was installing the older version of the graphics driver of version -...
  5. Graphic driver problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic driver problems: Today i got my new windows 10 which is running in latest version. I installed it because microsoft was highly recommending it. On my previous Windows 8.1 i had a AMD 760G graphic card, but now since i got windows 10 AMD 760G is not compatible, I was using amd compatibility...
  6. Graphics Driver Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Driver Problem: Around 1year ago I was playing Prince of persia Forgotten sands It was running smothly but suddenly it stuck I tried several times to close the game but it wont close, so i removed my laptop battery and restarted the pc and an error displayed Windows cant start ERROR code...
  7. Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem

Nvidia Graphics Driver Installation Problem: Hello there. Recently installed Latest Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1809 and i tried to install the latest graphics driver which is 419.35, but i get this error message when installing that the driver is not compatible with this version of windows. I've tried installing older...
  8. Graphics Driver problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Graphics Driver problems: I have been trying to fix my laptop's playback and missing DVD drive for months to no avail... After doing the latest troubleshooting I was given this message: [ATTACH] How do I fix this? Thank you....
  9. Problem updating AMD Graphics driver

Problem updating AMD Graphics driver: I cannot update my AMD graphics driver in windows 10, i've tried the WHQL & Beta drivers & i've also downloaded the driver from AMD & it still won't install. I've also lost some of my favourite websites on the last windows 10 update, I would like to know how to get round this...
  10. Graphic drivers problem.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphic drivers problem.: Hi, I've got a problem. I was updated win 7 to win 10 and... I press power button, see little windows logo and black screen * Black screen it's just on the laptop. If I plug TV by hdmi to my laptop i see everything. After 3h I discovered one thing. If I don't update...