Windows 10: Problems with installing Windows 10 Home on a laptop with existing Windows 10 Enterprise

Discus and support Problems with installing Windows 10 Home on a laptop with existing Windows 10 Enterprise in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, First of all, last year my laptop had some HDD problem so I bought a SSD and asked the computer shop to install the Windows at first I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mr-PP, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Mr-PP Win User

Problems with installing Windows 10 Home on a laptop with existing Windows 10 Enterprise

Hi all,

First of all, last year my laptop had some HDD problem so I bought a SSD and asked the computer shop to install the Windows at first I thought it would be the old genuine Windows but it turned out to be something else.

The laptop seemed to work fine until one day the message like "Active Windows" popped up. So I googled about it and realized I was using Windows 10 that might not be genuine.

So I bought a genuine Windows 10 Home FPP version with USB inside the box with hope to fix "activate windows" problem once and for all.

But when I tried to install the new Windows 10 using the provided USB doublick the Setup file but it didnt work as expected and it returned an error message like

"The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt. Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0x7E]"

Anyone has a solution to my problem please do let me know. I just want to active the Windows 10 Home without losing any installed programs and personal files.

Thank you so much.

:)

Mr-PP, Jul 10, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jul 10, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Problems with installing Windows 10 Home on a laptop with existing Windows 10 Enterprise

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Problems with installing Windows 10 Home on a laptop with existing Windows 10 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Problems installing Home

2. Windows 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 enterprise to home: I brought my pc from a local shop and got windows 10 enterprise edition now i have to convert enterprise edition to home. What are the steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-to-home/9d1ded92-f7fd-443b-9101-86e657d0b944
  3. Windows 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 enterprise to home: I brought my pc from a local shop and got windows 10 enterprise edition now i have to convert enterprise edition to home. What are the steps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprise-to-home/9d1ded92-f7fd-443b-9101-86e657d0b944
  4. Windows 10 enterprise to home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Home Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise.

Windows 10 Home Upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise.: I was trying to upgrade to windows 10 Pro from home with my digital license on my microsoft account. But it somehow upgraded to windows 10 Enterprise and I can't activate it now....
  6. Windows 10 Enterprise to Home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Enterprise to Home: Recently, I got a prompt in the Microsoft Store that had an option toupgrade to Pro edition from Home edition. I believed it would ask me beforehand if I need to purchase/activate. But as I moved forward, it applied some updates and restart the pc. I checked in the Settings...
  7. Windows 10 Enterprise -> Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Enterprise -> Home: For some reason my windows edition is now Enterprise but I only have a license key for Home. It there any wat to change it back to home without wiping the disk and reinstalling windows? I have recently installed a ssd and it was working fine (digital license activated and...
  8. Bought windows 10 home but it installed enterprise not activated?

Bought windows 10 home but it installed enterprise not activated?: I recentley purchased windows 10 home from microsoft and when i downloaded the installation media onto a flash drive and ran it on my pc, it installed a non activated version of windows enterprise. Ive trued completley wiping the system and resetting the pc and downloading...
  9. Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home: Hello, I recently received an out of use laptop from work to now be used for personal use. It currently has an unactivated version of Windows 10 Enterprise on it. I would like to use an activated version of Windows 10 home I have a Home version product key to use. The...
  10. Window 10 home Installation problem

Window 10 home Installation problem: Hii first sorry for my cute ENGLISH. my pc just 6 month old and it's a DOC Unit. From last 6 month i used window 10 pro (What came from retailer) but suddenly keyboard of my pc not working. I contact HP Care they told me to installed a ORIGINAL Window. I buy that from AMAZON...