Windows 10: Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD

Discus and support Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Goodmorning, I had 3 drives on my pc (1 ssd-m2, 1 hdd, 1ssd) and because i need to switch data from one pc to another i bought a docking station. Right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sandrew94, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Sandrew94 Win User

Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD

Goodmorning, I had 3 drives on my pc (1 ssd-m2, 1 hdd, 1ssd) and because i need to switch data from one pc to another i bought a docking station. Right now i put my internal HDD and SSD (2/3) in it and if i tried to boot windows without the docking station on, i receive this error ( Reboot and select proper boot device and press a key), anyone knows how to fix it? - I tried to change the boot priority but it doesn't work - I tried to Rebuild the boot configuration data but when i write "attrib c:\boot\bcd -h -r -s" it sais that he can't find the directory. Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD o_O The last chance is to format the first ssd ( where i have the OS ) and reinstall windows but i prefer to avoid it. I have windows 10 right now. Thank you!

:)

Sandrew94, Jun 19, 2021

2. External HDD or Internal HDD?

I'm contemplating whether or not if I should purchase a external hard drive for saving all of my work, music, photo's backup etc, instead of saving it on my pc hd. Now the problem is external hdd vs internal hdd's longevity, hardware differences, file corruption typically on external hdd's or flash drives. Is it a mistake saving personal stuff separate from the pc or are ex hdd as good as internal? I've had experiences loosing my stuff because of viruses, hdd failure and lack of prior experience not partitioning my hdd *Smile Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD :)

omiknight52, Jun 19, 2021
  3. tommi_265 Win User
    Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect when copying files from internal HDD to USB External HDD

I click uninstall. After several hours is not happen and I click cancel. I restart the windows and then start the uninstall.

The problem remains I can copy files among folders in external HDD, I can copy files from external HDD to internal HDD but I can not copy files from internal HDD to external HDD.

And in the next reboot of Win the KB4093112 is install again

tommi_265, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD - Similar Threads - Problems internal HDD

2. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  3. Problem with external HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with external HDD: Hello, i have problem with external hdd when i plug in my external hdd into pc "this pc" loading and i can see hdd but cant access and cant see memory. When i try to open disk management it just loading and cant access but when i unplug external hdd everything is normal. I...
  4. external hdd problem

external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  5. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hdd problem: hi my external hard drive is corrupted what do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hdd-problem/097d2cba-a617-47af-8600-fe5eeade7e81
  6. external hdd problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with internal HDD move out to become External HDD: Goodmorning, I had 3 drives on my pc (1 ssd-m2, 1 hdd, 1ssd) and because i need to switch data from one pc to another i bought a docking station. Right now i put my internal HDD and SSD (2/3) in it and if i tried to boot windows without the docking station on, i receive this...
  8. move data to external HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    move data to external HDD: I have very limited memory in my laptop so I connected an external HDD. However I am unable to transfer much to it to free up internal storage. It says error 0x80070780, what are my options? thank you!...
  9. External HDD problems...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External HDD problems...: Hello! I am having major problems with my external WD MyBook Essentials 2TB USB 3.0. Windows 10 wont start up the drive anymore. When i plug it in. It recognises it as a hard drive "D:\" somehow, but totally stucks in a loop where it just keeps loading but nothing will...
  10. External HDD problem

External HDD problem: How can I prevent my external HDD (and I guess other USB devices) from apparently shutting off since when I click on its letter it takes some time to show up its content and starts to make noise when accessing it (if I don't access it for sometime it will stop doing noise and...